is there any way possible to downgrade from ios 5 beta 3 to 4.3.3?
    07-19-2011 05:35 PM
    only if you saved your SHSH blobs for 4.3.3
    07-19-2011 05:36 PM
    I am in the process of trying to downgrade. Was successful using red snow with iPad 2 now trying the iPhone 4.
    07-19-2011 05:56 PM
    I was able to downgrade iOS 5 beta 3 to 4.3.4 using the instructions found here How to downgrade iOS 5 Beta 3 back to current firmware version

As far as 4.3.3 you will need your SHSH blobs.
    07-19-2011 06:02 PM
    I was able to downgrade iOS 5 beta 3 to 4.3.4 using the instructions found here How to downgrade iOS 5 Beta 3 back to current firmware version

As far as 4.3.3 you will need your SHSH blobs.
    You'll be back...
    07-19-2011 06:07 PM
    You'll be back...
    :-) I have every intention my friend :-)
    07-19-2011 06:17 PM
    jsntrenkler, have you tried restoring simply using shift/option+restore? Or is using a pwned dfu mode the only method for a downgrade now? Thanks
    07-19-2011 07:07 PM
    jsntrenkler, have you tried restoring simply using shift/option+restore? Or is using a pwned dfu mode the only method for a downgrade now? Thanks
    pwned dfu mode is the ONLY way to do it right now. In fact first time it gave me a error and then I just hit the restore button again in iTunes and I was good to go.
    07-19-2011 07:31 PM
    Now I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait for the next build...who knows, it could go gold soon XD
    07-19-2011 09:25 PM
    Now I'm starting to wonder if I should just wait for the next build...who knows, it could go gold soon XD
    Not likely... I don't expect GM release until at least mid to late August.
    07-19-2011 10:11 PM
    I agree with Hank, its a bit away .. Still lot's of things to work out.
    07-20-2011 02:47 AM
    Toooooo many bugs right now to go gold. Last years 4.0 went gold on the 5the beta. It may take more this year to go gold
    07-20-2011 01:44 PM
    pwned dfu mode is the ONLY way to do it right now. In fact first time it gave me a error and then I just hit the restore button again in iTunes and I was good to go.
    I'm actually considering doing this. I get frusterated sometime with the bugs. But beta 4 might be only a week away.
    07-20-2011 01:45 PM
    Have your phone plugged in to the computer
    Hold down both the home and sleep buttons for 10s
    Release the sleep button and continue holding the home button for ~10s
    iTunes will pop up saying it's in recovery mode. Simply option+click on restore, and click on the 4.3.4 IPSW (google for it if you can't find yours)

You don't need any backups. You don't need any special software.
    Quick and easy.
    07-20-2011 02:13 PM
    I'm actually considering doing this. I get frusterated sometime with the bugs. But beta 4 might be only a week away.
    oh yeah? like when exactly?
    07-20-2011 02:56 PM
    Haven't considered "going back" one time.

The only really annoying issue is the battery... it seems that every night when charging something happens to cause the USAGE and STANDBY times to be identical. The only way to fix it is to to a hard reset followed by topping off the charge... then the USAGE and STANDBY counters seem to work correctly and I get excellent battery life. Failure to do the reset/top off and battery meter sinks like the Titanic...

And yeah, there are a number of other issues that are nits to me - stuff that one would expect with a beta release...

Looking forward to B4... we've been here (B3) for about 10 days now... so it should be coming within a week or so.
    07-20-2011 03:18 PM
    I've actually wanted to downgrade but yet again I kept it.

And yes, B4 could be here soon.
    07-20-2011 03:31 PM
    Have your phone plugged in to the computer
    Hold down both the home and sleep buttons for 10s
    Release the sleep button and continue holding the home button for ~10s
    iTunes will pop up saying it's in recovery mode. Simply option+click on restore, and click on the 4.3.4 IPSW (google for it if you can't find yours)

You don't need any backups. You don't need any special software.
    Quick and easy.
    That method stopped working with Beta 3. Used to work on 2 and 1. Please be a little more cautious, we don't want to mislead people.
    Last edited by jsntrenkler; 07-20-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    07-20-2011 03:34 PM
    I would say iOS 5 wont go to GM until at least September, when the next conference is and iPhone 5 will get announced.

Once announced it will be a few days (maybe a week) before the GM is released to devices, so they are able to use iMessage between all iOS devices. Only time will tell mind but thats my best guess.
    07-20-2011 07:38 PM
    That method stopped working with Beta 3. Used to work on 2 and 1. Please be a little more cautious, we don't want to mislead people.
    Hi, I just wanted to say that the person you quoted was right in my situation for beta 3. I was curious to see if the direct DFU + restore method would still work, and it did for my iPhone 4 with no errors whatsoever. So, strangely enough, it does work for some people, but others may try additional steps to successfully downgrade.
    07-20-2011 08:31 PM
    Hi, I just wanted to say that the person you quoted was right in my situation for beta 3. I was curious to see if the direct DFU + restore method would still work, and it did for my iPhone 4 with no errors whatsoever. So, strangely enough, it does work for some people, but others may try additional steps to successfully downgrade.
    Crazy, glad it worked for you as it didn't work for me.
    07-20-2011 09:09 PM
    it bring me a lot of fun and convenient
    「光よ、輝け」と神様が命じました。 すると光がさっと輝いたのです
    07-21-2011 12:51 AM
    「光よ、輝け」と神様が命じました。 すると光がさっと輝いたのです
    = I light shine "and that God commanded. Then suddenly the light is shining

I don't get it? ;-)
    07-21-2011 02:03 AM
    I've done it. All i did was delete itunes 10.5 beta 3 install the latest released version, then of course itunes wont open cause it says the library was created by a newer version of itunes so close that and hold shift while clicking itunes to open(on a pc) and select a older itunes library (a pop up should open when you hold shift and click on itunes) then BAM turn your phone off plug it in and put in dfu mode then BAM again itune will recognise your phone in dfu mode and say it needs to restore. you cant go down to 4.3.3 cause i read they've stopped signing it but you will be able to go to 4.3.4. Hope that Helps.

After thats all done and it's back to 4.3.4 you may need to re-install some apps that you've purchased recently, but that shoud'nt be a problem. just go into the app store on your phone and in updates you should be able to go through all app's you've ever purchased and just click install.
    07-21-2011 03:09 AM
    I've done it. All i did was delete itunes 10.5 beta 3 install the latest released version, then of course itunes wont open cause it says the library was created by a newer version of itunes so close that and hold shift while clicking itunes to open(on a pc) and select a older itunes library (a pop up should open when you hold shift and click on itunes) then BAM turn your phone off plug it in and put in dfu mode then BAM again itune will recognise your phone in dfu mode and say it needs to restore. you cant go down to 4.3.3 cause i read they've stopped signing it but you will be able to go to 4.3.4. Hope that Helps.

After thats all done and it's back to 4.3.4 you may need to re-install some apps that you've purchased recently, but that shoud'nt be a problem. just go into the app store on your phone and in updates you should be able to go through all app's you've ever purchased and just click install.
    So you were able to downgrade iTunes as well? Load all of your previous content prior to the iTunes Beta 3?
    07-21-2011 03:32 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD