iOS 5 beta 3 on iPad2

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody rocking this combo? I know jsntrenkler is running iOS5 on his iPad, too...

I loaded it up this afternoon and found it to be significantly more polished than on the iPhone... so far, I haven't found any apps that have issues, but I'm still exploring a bit.

Nice playing Angry Birds and not being interrupted by the old style alerts.

The one thing that I noticed is that the notification screen does not cover the full iPad screen - only about 1/2 of the screen width (it takes it's 1/2 right down the middle)... it's not a problem, but it wasn't what I expected...

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
We aren't the only ones are we? I agree much better polish and no noticeable drain on the battery. I hope to see the iPhone 4 version reach this level of usability soon.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I love the "thumb board"! The split keyboard works both portrait and landscape mode... and is sweet...

tb.png

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
My Calendar that is synced with iCloud is 1 hour off for some reason, time is correct on Lion and my iPhone but the iPad calendar is off 1 hour.

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Damn iOS 5 looks nice on iPad 2, but i will be patient i want the official release i hope it's worth it!

I have the ipad 2. I am running iOS 5 beta 3, and I get plenty of app crashing, and browser crashing/closing. I also have 3 apps in iTunes that will not upgrade and install. Also, The Netflix app no longer works.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have been running iOS 5 on my iPad 2 since beta 1. There is no way in hell I would give up the JB on my phone. The notifications center not covering the entire width of the screen has been like that since beta 1 and I'm scared they are going to leave it that way. I don't know how it compares to the phone but I love it on the iPad. I went back to 4.3.3 to do a fresh install of beta 2 and I couldn't stand it for more than a day. On beta 2 I had all kinds of issues with pictures in the camera roll and syncing over to my Mac. Now it seems to be fine and the custom tones rock :D

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I have been running iOS 5 on my iPad 2 since beta 1. There is no way in hell I would give up the JB on my phone. The notifications center not covering the entire width of the screen has been like that since beta 1 and I'm scared they are going to leave it that way. I don't know how it compares to the phone but I love it on the iPad. I went back to 4.3.3 to do a fresh install of beta 2 and I couldn't stand it for more than a day. On beta 2 I had all kinds of issues with pictures in the camera roll and syncing over to my Mac. Now it seems to be fine and the custom tones rock :D

The notification area on the iPhone covers the screen completely... and on the iPad, it's only about 1/2 the screen left-to-right, but takes it's slice out of the middle... top-to-bottom appears to be variable, based on the number of notifications in the list. I didn't like the way it looked on the iPad at first, but I am getting used to it... it is what it is...

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh heck yea iOS 5 looks great on the iPad 2. After having it on my iPad 2 after one week of the ios 5 announcement, I have found many bugs. But no new Apple boot up screen on the iPad. :(

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I have discovered that some of my favorite news apps CNN, FOX, Reuters report some strange loss of data notification and don't function. Maybe Beta 4.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The notification area on the iPhone covers the screen completely... and on the iPad, it's only about 1/2 the screen left-to-right, but takes it's slice out of the middle... top-to-bottom appears to be variable, based on the number of notifications in the list. I didn't like the way it looked on the iPad at first, but I am getting used to it... it is what it is...

The thing is that the sizing has been that way since beta 1 and it sucks. I really hope for now they are just trying to get the betas fixed up for iPhone and then in later betas this will change. It looks stupid to have a bigger screen and yet the notification center looks like it was ripped from the iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW