iOS 5 beta 3 released to devs! Post you bugs/findings

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Alli;1739689 said:
Shooter, you were lucky. I even tried doing the restore on my Windows box which has the last general release of iTunes (not a beta), with no luck.

Alli,

A member of MacRumors could not roll back to 4.x.x directly from iOS 5 beta 3. However, he was able to roll back to beta 2, which, incidentally, can easily downgrade to the official version. You may want to try that route instead. Here's the link: unable to roll back to 4.3.3 from ios5 b3 - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums . Check out Post #37.

Hope that helps you out...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
browsing TiPb forum on safari (iPhone)

anyone else getting kicked off the TiPb forum while browsing on their iPhone via safari? (not the mobile view)

it has happened twice now since going to beta 3. to the point of me having to log back into the forum

not sure if it is the beta or work being done to the site

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
welcome back!!! :)

Yeah!!! I was getting errors galore from iTunes, but this beta fixed it! I was stuck in 4.2.8... pure :eek: it was HORRIBLE

Also, my battery life is not too bad... 4 hours usage, 10 standby, screen at 75% and i'm at 60%... most of my usage being the Kindle app.

Loooove the sound options, omg. I am constantly getting kicked out of safari, though... and I dunno if this is a Google or Apple issue, but when I do an image search I can NEVER get past the 13th or 14th page... it stalls and then kicks me out. Weird...

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
This may be more of an iTunes issue, but still due to the beta. Know how it now requires you to sign in with an email address? Well it seems the email address doesn't "connect" to the nicknamed account. I purchased an app from my iPhone this morning and it charged my cc rather than taking from my iTunes balance. I don't get it.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Chase app working ?

Does anybody know if the Chase Bank app is working on beta 3 ??, I plan to stay on beta 2 since it's pretty stable but my only gripe is Chase not working...

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anybody know if the Chase Bank app is working on beta 3 ??, I plan to stay on beta 2 since it's pretty stable but my only gripe is Chase not working...

The Chase app is working on my iPhone 4 CMDA upgraded to Beta 3 this morning! On Beta 2, the app would crash at startup.

Reactions: Guacho

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The Chase app is working on my iPhone 4 CMDA upgraded to Beta 3 this morning! On Beta 2, the app would crash at startup.

wow that was fast, I guess I'm gonna update then, weather channel and Chase are working now in beta 3 and I use them a lot.. Thanks again

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this has already come up, but is anyone having trouble uploading photos via the Facebook app? It was working fine on Beta 2, but on Beta 3, I can't seem to upload a photo. I open the app, select "Share Photo" and select a photo from my Camera Roll. The popup will immediately close and the photo will not be uploaded. A few times, it told me it could not be uploaded and asked me if I wanted to save the photo to try again later (which I did, and it still didn't work).

So then I tried downloaded iLoader2 (thinking maybe the Facebook app was just not working right in Beta 3), but that app will crash as soon as I try to select a photo to upload (it crashes when the Camera Roll popup appears). So I'm thinking it's a problem with the Camera Roll or the Photos.app?

Interestingly, I *can* get a photo to upload if I select it from the Photo Stream. So I tried the same photo using the Camera Roll and Photo Stream, and it would work with the latter, but not the former. Unfortunately, only a small percentage of photos I have taken since upgrading to Beta 3 are appearing in my Photo Stream....

Ios5beta3

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
There's a lot of bugs with Safari, many times it will lose part of the screen and the keyboard and crash, if you open some websites at a time it crashes.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
If I reply to a topic using the Tapatalk app the bottom half of the screen (where the keyboard was) will be blank and stays that way until I rotate the phone.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Found out my carrier settings updated on my Verizon iPad 2 overnight automatically. Updated to 10.2.1. I wonder what problems were going on with the network in iOS 5. :confused::cool:

Travisimo

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
@Travisimo

I just uploaded a pic to test for you on FB and mine loaded fine

Thanks for testing! Was it a photo you had taken on your phone after upgrading to Beta 3? If not, try taking a photo with the phone's camera and then uploading it with the Facebook app by choosing it in the Camera Roll.

Thanks!

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Issues I am having are app crashes, I know it's to be expected, duplicate txt msg, and the biggest thing bothering me is that I don't get a pop up at the top of the screen for a notification when I'm in an app. Something's the phone doesn't ring for phone calls, and the alert doesn't go off for txt msg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR