iOS 5 beta 3 released to devs! Post you bugs/findings

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
When I take a picture in HDR, it puts one pic at the top of the camera roll and the other at the bottom. Cant compare easily anymore. Very annoying. Bug did not exist in beta 2

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I've submitted a bug report already about this photo issue, as well as HDR not being remembered when quiting the camera app from the task switcher. I also have a bug report in about the thumbnails in the camera app not clearing properly as well as the mail app sometimes not checking for new mail when opened.

Any other issues y'all have, I can generate a bug report. However I will ask that you have access to xcode so I can get console logs or other information needed from the xcode organizer window.

Reactions: Libuff and Garz

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Twice so far I app clicked on app and istead of them opening, it booted me off. Then I clicked on them again, and they opened fine. Happened on 4 different apps.

Had the same issue with a few apps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
I was having a chat via text with a buddy. After I was done I went into te notification pull down and noticed there were a few text messages from our chat sill in there.

Entering an app doesn't clear notifications in my experience. That must be done manually. I would like this to he the default behavior tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ios5beta3

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
There is one bug right now, I'm on safari and the top bar where the clock is and stuff is gone, and also while watching a video and it reaches to where it's buffered it will go crazy and go play and pause really fast its kinda of hard to control the video when that happens.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I am still seeing the situation where something is running in the background after charging... when I check battery usage, both Usage and Stand By show the same numbers...and the battery drains fast. After a hard reset, it's back to normal and I get excellent battery life.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I am still seeing the situation where something is running in the background after charging... when I check battery usage, both Usage and Stand By show the same numbers...and the battery drains fast. After a hard reset, it's back to normal and I get excellent battery life.

I experienced that a lot on beta 2 but not yet on 3.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I am BACK in the beta baby!!! woo!!!

Anyway, I am having serious screenshot issues. I took screenshots twice, but only the first one appeared. Later, I tried to take another screenshot, and all of the sounds and light stuff happened, but there's no picture in my photo album :(

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Anyway, I am having serious screenshot issues. I took screenshots twice, but only the first one appeared. Later, I tried to take another screenshot, and all of the sounds and light stuff happened, but there's no picture in my photo album :(

That's strange. I'm on beta 3 as well, and I just took 4 screenshots in a row. All 4 appeared in my camera roll.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
had it for a day and just went back to 4.3.3, way to many bugs to make it worth while having on my phone. apps crashing, photos wont sync, super slow when trying to open up my messages just to name the ones i can remember. It's definatly gonna be a awesome ios when released and it's finally bug free but not at the moment.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
So far, nobody has been able to downgrade. All errors. Im glad I like beta 3 for the most part

I've downgraded just fine, deleted itunes 10.5 beta 3 re-installed the older version when it comes up with the error saying the library is unable to be used cause it was created by a newer version of itunes close hold shift and open again then you can choose a old library to use, plug your phone in enter dfu mode and BAM itune recognise's a apple device in dfu mode the restores to 4.3.3.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Shooter, you were lucky. I even tried doing the restore on my Windows box which has the last general release of iTunes (not a beta), with no luck.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

welcome back!!! :)

Hook Man

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Someone try plugging in the Apple headset and start playing music with the hardware controls on the headset then unplug the headset with music playing and see if it comes through the speakers for a second before pausing

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro