iOS 5 beta 3 released to devs! Post you bugs/findings

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
itunes beta

I had put my iphone on the ios5 beta at one point but reverted due to some issues with the beta 1, I am thinking of trying the beta 3 again, does anyone know however if I upgrade my itunes to the itunes beta 10.5 on windows, will I get any compatibility issues with my wife's iphone that remains on 4.2.8 (CDMA) I want to make sure I won't loose the ability to back her phone up.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
when using the define feature in landscape mode, 9 times out of 10 it will pop up in portrait and only halfway

Hook Man

Apr 13, 2009
Visit site
Noticed that you can't set wallpapers from Photos.app but it will work through Settings.app. It will go through the process fine but it won't actually change the wallpaper. Not sure if that's just me or a new bug...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Noticed that you can't set wallpapers from Photos.app but it will work through Settings.app. It will go through the process fine but it won't actually change the wallpaper. Not sure if that's just me or a new bug...

Your right. New bug. But you got a simple fix there

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Well buggar. Now I'm stuck with iOS 5. I couldn't downgrade this time. Couldn't even restore by going to the pc.

But I like being able to have custom text sounds finally!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Well buggar. Now I'm stuck with iOS 5. I couldn't downgrade this time. Couldn't even restore by going to the pc.

Yeah I read on twitter that everybody has failed on downgrading. Your stuck with us now. ;)

highlight any word to find the definition, it's built into the copy & paste tool

Ok that's what you were referring to. Got it.

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site

by custom text tones you mean ones you have created within iTunes, correct?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Interesting new animation. Create a new text message and then hit cancel. Now the top disappears followed by the keyboard. Used to be one full animation.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Alli, you wouldn't happen to have any "silent" tones laying around would you?

while at work i receive an abnormal amount of texts and would love to just have my texts ONLY silent and vibrate, while have all other tones ON

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
wow, looks pretty cool. do you think this was on purpose or a bug?

it's kind of a cool effect... going along with ghostface and say it's on purpose... I saw the same kind of 2-part effect when I first went into the SMS app, too... but once I was already in it, I could not reproduce it.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods