iOS 5 beta 3 released to devs! Post you bugs/findings

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Twice so far I app clicked on app and istead of them opening, it booted me off. Then I clicked on them again, and they opened fine. Happened on 4 different apps.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you will just read, read, read Alli!! The beta is available for "developers", so if you're not a developer, you shouldn't be playing around with beta software! If you are a developer, I'm sure you know how to get to the developer forums where your question is already answered.

Now, how does the taste of your own medicine feel?

Dude... really? In public?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Twice so far I app clicked on app and istead of them opening, it booted me off. Then I clicked on them again, and they opened fine. Happened on 2 different apps.

Ditto. A few different apps as well. Games, banking stuff, craigslist. My local radio station's app still refuses to open, but that's been an issue since beta 1. I blame them.

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Ditto. 2 different apps as well. Chase and Craiglist. My local radio station's app still refuses to open, but that's been an issue since beta 1. I blame them.

It's happened 4 times now. Very annoyed with this bug. Almost enough that I may go back to 4.3.3 until beta 4.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Ditto. A few different apps as well. Games, banking stuff, craigslist. My local radio station's app still refuses to open, but that's been an issue since beta 1. I blame them.

I experienced this once with my twitter client, Osfoora. As you said, clicking again caused it to start without incident. Only seen it once...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: apps crashing on first attempt straight from release notes from Apple

In iOS 5 beta 3, the first execution of a script after a reboot or erase install will likely fail. Subsequent attempts should succeed until the device is rebooted again.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Updated to beta 3, tested my app - still some bugs to work out. Went to restore and couldn't. Now attempting to restore on my pc.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I think she meant her app that she had problems with. Not anything she made herself unless there's another side of her we don't know about.

Did bluetooth work for ya Alli?

Reactions: Guacho

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I think she meant her app that she had problems with. Not anything she made herself unless there's another side of her we don't know about.

Did bluetooth work for ya Alli?

I never got as far as checking Bluetooth. Decided I needed that app more than BT.

And the app(s) in question are my Ascendo products. I can't support the apps if I don't have them installed and running.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
What about the way Apple changed the notifications UI on the locked screen when you get a new message, is it still larger and in the center of the screen?? I hope they went back to the way it was in beta 1.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro