how's your iOS 5 (beta) battery life?

hpcomputergeek

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
It's not 10 hours on the iPad anymore. It's about 5-6 hours. Not as good as iOS 4 but good enough! The battery life on my iPad when I first got iOS 5 beta 1 was very very poor. 2-3 hours and I have to rush to a charger. But the battery is getting better every beta.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
beta 5 is def better than other betas but my iPad is still dying in two days with use where before it would last me three days. So I would say it's getting close but still not there yet. I wonder if location based reminders will be what pushes you to get the iPhone 5? Perhaps it will have a bigger battery meaning more juice. So you can use the feature on the i4 but i5 would give you a much better experience.

Dperks17

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Where is the location reminders? and how do you disable it. I'm having horrible battery life the past few days if i have a 5 minute convo on the phone my battery drops at least 8% and i'm in full 3g coverage. Hopefully beta 6 will fix the camera roll problem and the battery life..I dont wanna go back to ios4 ever haha

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm thinking standby, in beta 7, is considerably better..

i am almost into 24 hours standby with normal usage and that is rare, for me

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i'm thinking standby, in beta 7, is considerably better..

i am almost into 24 hours standby with normal usage and that is rare, for me

Same... Typically getting 7 hours of active usage per day on beta 7, and a hell of a lot of standy, which is good. haha

But I have been mostly at home for the last month buckling down on some concepts and developments, so it's not necessarily my regular use compared to when I was working part-time and leaving the house a lot more.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Standby has improved with Beta 7 for me ... LOL, I took off the charge @ 6:00am and had very light usage yesterday picked up the phone at 5:30pm and it still had 80% charge, I can't remember a time when I had that much left after 11.5 hours.

EvJ296#IM

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Battery life running all beta versions on my 3GS was abysmal with slight improvement from 5 to 6. I wouldn't know about beta 7 since the update bricked my phone?yet to solve the problem

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal