iOS 5.0 beta 2 Bugs and Issues

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Over the past couple of days I've noticed a strange phenomenon with my battery in iOS5B2... the USAGE and STANDBY stats are identical... and I am not aware of any changes that I have made... doing a hard reset seems to solve that issue ('seems' is the operative word here), but cannot verify it because doing the reset clears the USAGE and STANDBY information in the settings screen - much like "respringing" does under jailbreak. The situation seems to revert back to the USAGE = STANDBY situation after recharging over night.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this has been covered, but when watching video from Safari, video controls disappear and there is no way to exit the video, pause, seek, etc...

Also, when listening to music through headphones, notifications can sometimes cause the volume to lower but instead of raising back up afterwards, the volume stays low. Another notification sometimes rectifies this, but sometimes it doesn't. Very strange.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Over the past couple of days I've noticed a strange phenomenon with my battery in iOS5B2... the USAGE and STANDBY stats are identical... and I am not aware of any changes that I have made... doing a hard reset seems to solve that issue ('seems' is the operative word here), but cannot verify it because doing the reset clears the USAGE and STANDBY information in the settings screen - much like "respringing" does under jailbreak. The situation seems to revert back to the USAGE = STANDBY situation after recharging over night.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I had this happen on day 2. A hard reset fixed it for me as well. Hasnt happened since

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Opening an iMessage from the notification banner brings up a blank message as though you were sending a new one. Conversation is erased until you send them a new message.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this has been covered, but when watching video from Safari, video controls disappear and there is no way to exit the video, pause, seek, etc...

same here. the only way i can get out of this is to exit safari, kill safari in multitask, go back into safari and QUICKLY close the web page

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That's odd. I had that issue in beta 1 and now it saves my settings in most cases. However if I go in the camera roll, that's when it resets itself. Weird. I have some console logs that Apple requested on its way for additional troubleshooting.

It will save my camera settings if I dont close it out in multitasking. Once I close it out in MT, settings are no longer saved

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Oh hey also since beta 1 there has been no arrows in the photos app to go between pics... I'm not sure if they consciously decided to remove them, but I really like them so I wish they hadn't. :( I don't like to swipe constantly.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
i started having issues with my camera. it takes a long time to open, or it force quits. even rebooted and had same issue. i know its a beta a things happen.

anon(415336)

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Found another few bugs today, I'm hoping that Apple is made aware of these and will fix them in the upcoming beta (crossing fingers for weds).
1) Sometimes graphics for both games AND scrolling through pages of apps as well as opening/closing folders lags HORRIBLY.
2) Photos saved in photo galleries do not sharpen...that is to say they appear blurry. The photos on my camera roll are fine. Perhaps something was broken when it comes to sharpening/focusing photos imported into galleries from iPhoto.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
ok phone has been reboting about once daily now when I awake it from sleep. Was previously every few days. I also notice when you snap a picture and immediately go in to view it from cameras app, there is a long lag before it will even exit the camera portion

Needs beta 3 like now

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
ok phone has been reboting about once daily now when I awake it from sleep. Was previously every few days. I also notice when you snap a picture and immediately go in to view it from cameras app, there is a long lag before it will even exit the camera portion

Needs beta 3 like now

I've not seen the rebooting issue... but have experienced the drastic lag in both the camera and messaging apps...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've not seen the rebooting issue... but have experienced the drastic lag in both the camera and messaging apps...

Actually I'm incorrect in saying reboot. Its a respring. Has happened maybe 6 or 7 times in the 12 days I've had beta 2 running. Somebody else on twitter said its happened to them on the Vzn iPhone as well

itsalexaye

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Actually I'm incorrect in saying reboot. Its a respring. Has happened maybe 6 or 7 times in the 12 days I've had beta 2 running. Somebody else on twitter said its happened to them on the Vzn iPhone as well

i was getting that respring too, it got to be really annoying. but im back on 4.3.3 now jb-ed with jailbreakme.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro