Why do people feel that apps that don't work is a bug with the os? The apps that don't work will continue to not work until the developers can update them to work under iOS 5. After all, that's the real purpose for the beta, not so TiPb readers can oooh and ahhh about the fancy new features.
    That's not necessarily true Alli. Echofon did not work with beta 1 and now works with beta 2. While I do agree with you that MOST of the time app-specific problem are usually corrected by devs re-coding various parts of the apps, there are time when OS calls, API's, whatever are corrected in the OS and things auto-magically start working again.
    06-26-2011 01:33 AM
    weird. i have yet to experience this one
    I heard Bla1ze state on twitter last night he had this bug and he did a hard reset and it fixed it.
    06-26-2011 03:25 AM
    FaceTime has been disabled in beta 2 by apple. MMS picture saving bug now fixed. Camera roll thumbnail bug now fixed. Battery life improved over beta 1 but still not as good as 4.3.3.
    06-26-2011 04:04 AM
    One important thing to remember before and after installing these betas is to READ THE RELEASE NOTES. If you don't have a dev account, then make sure to ask around before installing. For example, you would know that FaceTime has been disabled by Apple in beta 2 because it is in the release notes. Likewise, you would ok now that wifi sync will only work on Mac with the latest updates to OSX and iTunes. I learned the hard way too, but the release notes are important!
    06-26-2011 06:40 AM
    Again, I am unable to copy and paste in Safari. It truly is a maddening bug.
    06-26-2011 08:00 AM
    I immediately encountered a Messages app bug. Almost every time I open up messages there is a blank message thread from 1 particular person and even if I delete it, it will almost always come back the next time I open up Messages. Tried reboot, tried hard reset.. might just have to wipe everything and install beta 2 again.
    06-26-2011 08:46 AM
    Camera roll thumbnail bug now fixed.
    No, not for me.
    06-26-2011 09:27 AM
    Is anyone having problems with the auto-brightness? Since the update mine just doesn't seem to pick up the light no matter what, my screen will always stay bright even if I cover the senors
    06-26-2011 10:00 AM
    No, not for me.
    If you mean you tap on a thumbnail and it pulls up a totally different photo that isn't even ON the camera roll, not for me either. Is there a fix for this? It's super inconvenient to have a Russian roulette camera roll.
    06-26-2011 10:57 AM
    Has anybody experienced weird springboard crashes during phone calls? I may try restoring.
    06-26-2011 11:57 AM
    Has anybody experienced weird springboard crashes during phone calls? I may try restoring.
    Nope. Is it a constant issue for you?
    06-26-2011 12:11 PM
    It only seems to happen sometimes when I use either headphones or a Bluetooth headset. I am just going to restore and see if it recurs. If so, I don't mind not using connected media for a week or two while they roll out another the next beta.

I too have experienced the iMessage issue. I am just going to make use of my unlimited texting plan for a bit.
    06-26-2011 12:20 PM
    It only seems to happen sometimes when I use either headphones or a Bluetooth headset. I am just going to restore and see if it recurs. If so, I don't mind not using connected media for a week or two while they roll out another the next beta.

I too have experienced the iMessage issue. I am just going to make use of my unlimited texting plan for a bit.
    It may be a new issue while using BT. I never use BT but I can see if I can recreate it.
    06-26-2011 12:23 PM
    If you mean you tap on a thumbnail and it pulls up a totally different photo that isn't even ON the camera roll, not for me either. Is there a fix for this? It's super inconvenient to have a Russian roulette camera roll.
    No, my issue is that when the camera roll is empty, the thumbnail in the camera app still shows the most recent pic.
    06-26-2011 12:40 PM
    Its not a bug if you actually had a developers account or if you do and actually read the beta 2 release notes apple disabled facetime for this beta and stated it will be re-enabled next beta. Its not a bug.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    06-26-2011 01:43 PM
    I've had this issue for an entire year since 4.0 was released and no one at apple is able to resolve the issue. HELLA annoying!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    06-26-2011 01:45 PM
    I may try this, but would I also lose all of my apps and settings? Or would there be a way to save that?

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well you're doing a totally fresh installation. So I'm sure you will lose alot of settings you may have done already which is why I said if you have an extensive library you might not want to do it. You could backup your library depending on the size so then you always have the option of restoring it
    06-26-2011 03:14 PM
    same here. i am currently using Opera Mini and works great!
    06-26-2011 07:46 PM
    ipad 2 bugs :

-auto reboot sometimes happen
    -the ipad will sometimes hang and u need to hard reboot it to get it working again
    - no dictionary lookup in iBooks
    - Quicktime controls doesn't work in Safari (try opening youtube via Safari)

itunes 10.5 beta 2 windows 7:
    -when in apps tab (the one where u choose which app to install on your device), it lags real bad

__________________________________________________ __________
    weird thing is that copy and paste works well for me
    06-27-2011 04:17 AM
    Beta 2 fixed a crashing issue I was constantly getting with safari. It has increased the button size on the keyboard tho.. Both split n full, n it's much easier to use.

One main bug I've found is that the keyboard is now in the middle of the screen in landscape mode. It blocks up the box within which I'm trying to type in. Particularly annoying if I'm trying to type my password or username.. Or a long sentence like this one, cos then I have to keep hiding the keyboard to check for errors.

Oh n another error is on YouTube in safari, the scroll bar doesn't work, ie u can't fast forward, it works well on utube app tho.
    06-27-2011 07:21 AM
    Why not. Works fine for me on iPad 2
    06-27-2011 07:24 AM
    Try it on the iPhone.
    06-27-2011 08:01 AM
    Bluetooth isn't working, it will pair with my car radio but I cannot make call's going to test this some more, I also noticed that my notifications are not coming up for my exchange calendar had a meeting and my iPad 2 (on 4.3.3) notified me but the phone didn't.
    06-27-2011 08:15 AM
    When I power phone off and then on, push for certain apps stops working. For example, I have to turn notification off fir twitter and then back on for it to work.

Also, the camera won't save it's settings. I have to click on HDR every time I use camera.
    06-27-2011 10:30 AM
    The camera won't save it's settings. I have to click on HDR every time I use camera.
    That's odd. I had that issue in beta 1 and now it saves my settings in most cases. However if I go in the camera roll, that's when it resets itself. Weird. I have some console logs that Apple requested on its way for additional troubleshooting.
    06-27-2011 11:23 AM
127 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD