Pull Down - Notification Center (LockScreen)

although i see how the lockscreen notifications work i would really like to see at least an option to activate the pull down feature in lockscreen mode

Statusbar icons

this would be a nice addition so then you can completely eliminate the badge app icons and work great on the lockscreen along with the pull down feature

Calendar snooze feature

well you know...

Custom Tones

not sure if this is in the works eventually already but it would be nice to have more control than what is available now

*coming from being jailbroken most of my time with the iPhone maybe these are asking too much, but i feel this would make a user experience more productive and pleasurable

just to clarify; if these never happen then that is fine and i will make it work. not whining, just wishing
    Last edited by BLiNK; 06-09-2011 at 09:45 AM.
    anon4705295 likes this.
    06-09-2011 09:43 AM
    more smooth using. it seems kind of slow on 3G (AT&T) at this point, but I still love it

Battery improvements.
    06-09-2011 09:44 AM
    more smooth using. it seems kind of slow on 3G (AT&T) at this point
    i wonder.. just like iOS 4 was too much for the iPhone 3G, iOS 5 might be too much for the iPhone 3GS to handle?

i guess we'll see when the Final hits
    06-09-2011 10:43 AM
    so far it isnt to much for the 3gs to handle, its about the same speed on a iphone 4, tried it with my friends i4.
    06-09-2011 10:45 AM
    I would like calendar snooz and the option to lock certain apps.
    Example lock my contacts when my nephew plays with my phone.
    06-09-2011 11:29 AM
    I would like to see iMessenger as a stand alone messenger app and not just an integration into the current text messages. That's one of the things people like about BBM is that it's it's own separate little "world"; your PIN contacts could be completely dif from your phone contacts.

And more customization options. Apple still refuses to loosen the reigns as far as ringtones and theme usage.
    06-09-2011 12:04 PM
    Battery improvements.
    Remember this is the first beta of iOS5... there will be improvements as they tune the OS and remove stuff like code tracing and debugging that is typically in beta software....
    06-09-2011 01:13 PM
    There is only one thing that i still really wish for and have been wishing ever from the start, but since they didn't show it off and it's not included in the beta I'm afraid they are skipping it again!?

Anyway, what I REALLY want is some kind of quick access network settings change option! To quickly activate de-activate 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. without the hassle of browsing trough the settings app!

Here's what I always imagined it like: wherever you are (springboard, some app, music player, whatever) you just tap the middle of the top menu bar (where the time is displayed) and a widget or bezel pops up with icons for 3G, Bluetooth etc. and you just tap the icon and switch the service on or off -- simple, fast, easy! Imagine it to look like the bezel that shows up in the phone app when you're making a call and want to turn on the speaker or mute the call -- same thing, just for network connections

It can't really be that hard to implement something like this, so I really don't understand why Apple still makes me jump though hoops every time I want to connect to my car's Bluetooth or turn on WiFi at the coffee shop!?

- M
    Rex_Suggs and anon4705295 like this.
    06-09-2011 05:44 PM
    Honestly I really just want more/better ringtones, text tones, etc.. And free ones at that.
    06-09-2011 05:46 PM
    I agree with all that's stated above! I can live without it all, but if I could only choose one, it would be snoozing a calendar event. WANT WANT WANT

Though I find that as long as I use the banner and it stays on the lockscreen, I'm remembering it better than I was previously. So there's progress! hahahah
    06-09-2011 05:50 PM
    Profiles

Access to save games (which sucks when you put in A LOT of work finishing them and lose them because the genius said restore from new with no backup) - I also think this will be solved with iCloud from what I understand.

Calendar snooze

10 day battery with 4G LTE
    Rex_Suggs likes this.
    06-09-2011 06:10 PM
    Pull Down - Notification Center (LockScreen)

although i see how the lockscreen notifications work i would really like to see at least an option to activate the pull down feature in lockscreen mode
    after using the new OS for a while even more so now...

if it does not become a reality then i am sure there will be a jailbreak tweak for it. just makes sense
    07-10-2011 11:38 AM
    after using the new OS for a while even more so now...

if it does not become a reality then i am sure there will be a jailbreak tweak for it. just makes sense
    Yep. Can't count the times that I've grabbed my iPhone and tried to swipe down on the lock screen. It just needs to be there.
    07-10-2011 11:51 AM
    Yeah, but if you have a pass code when you press a notification notification or anything on the center you have to type it in before moving you to your notification, and yes that needs to put in.
    07-10-2011 03:36 PM
    FaceTime on 3G and would love Profiles
    07-12-2011 01:03 AM
    [QUOTE And more customization options. Apple still refuses to loosen the reigns as far as ringtones and theme usage.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding me? You can completely customize every tone on the iPhone with 5.0 beta 3. As it is now iphone is WAY more customizable then stock android when it comes to tones.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-12-2011 02:23 AM
    The ability to tweet from anywhere by putting a tweet box in the notification center.

And yes. Better multitasking panes.
    dublex likes this.
    07-12-2011 06:41 AM
    The ability to tweet from anywhere by putting a tweet box in the notification center.
    That was what I was looking for when Scott Forstall said deep twitter integration. Either a gesture to bring up a new tweet or a tweet box/widget in the notification center.
    07-12-2011 09:49 AM
    Are you kidding me? You can completely customize every tone on the iPhone with 5.0 beta 3.
    Ok so then go ahead and tell me how to have each individual email account I have setup to make different sounds. I want one sound for exchange, one sound for Live and one for gmail. Also, I'd like to have a different sound for emails from my boss in exchange that's different from the rest of the addresses.

Thanks.
    Last edited by ghostface147; 07-12-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    07-12-2011 10:42 AM
    You've always been able to use custom tones for the alarm clock.
    07-14-2011 07:49 PM
    That would be up to the people who write the FB app. Each app has its own notification sound.
    07-14-2011 11:14 PM
    There needs to be a feature the kills ALL apps that are running in the background. Tired of hitting all the little Xs 30+ times. It would be so easy to implement...
    07-29-2011 07:01 PM
    a "kill all apps" feature would not be necessary as i believe they do not technically run in the background. they're in a saved state, ready for the next time to be used

about once a week i'll clean out my multitasking tray just for the hell of it
    07-29-2011 10:23 PM
    I wish they would enhance the iMessage experience, particularly concerning Group Chat. While everyone can see everyone's message is great, there is only one issue. There needs to be a way where if someone opts out of a group chat, they get deleted out of the thread on EVERYONE'S phone and not just theirs. This way, they won't keep receiving messages. The only work around I have for this is to tell my friend to start a new group without me in the recipient list. It is such a hassle. I feel like it would be easy to implement but in terms of getting the word to Apple, knowing them, it probably won't be put in until iOS 7
    07-29-2011 11:36 PM
    A better way to organize applications more than 11 pages and 12 icons per folder.

Either should increase the limit per folder or remove the 11 page limitation.

This is one of the important thing is missing form the current betas imo.
    08-05-2011 03:56 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD