iOS 5 Final Release Wish List..

Mrfoss91

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
There needs to be a feature the kills ALL apps that are running in the background. Tired of hitting all the little Xs 30+ times. It would be so easy to implement...

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
a "kill all apps" feature would not be necessary as i believe they do not technically run in the background. they're in a saved state, ready for the next time to be used

about once a week i'll clean out my multitasking tray just for the hell of it

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I wish they would enhance the iMessage experience, particularly concerning Group Chat. While everyone can see everyone's message is great, there is only one issue. There needs to be a way where if someone opts out of a group chat, they get deleted out of the thread on EVERYONE'S phone and not just theirs. This way, they won't keep receiving messages. The only work around I have for this is to tell my friend to start a new group without me in the recipient list. It is such a hassle. I feel like it would be easy to implement but in terms of getting the word to Apple, knowing them, it probably won't be put in until iOS 7

macist

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
A better way to organize applications more than 11 pages and 12 icons per folder.

Either should increase the limit per folder or remove the 11 page limitation.

This is one of the important thing is missing form the current betas imo.

templetonryecy

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
There is only one thing that i still really wish for and have been wishing ever from the start, but since they didn't show it off and it's not included in the beta I'm afraid they are skipping it again?!? :(

Anyway, what I REALLY want is some kind of quick access network settings change option?! To quickly activate de-activate 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. without the hassle of browsing trough the settings app?!

Here's what I always imagined it like: wherever you are (springboard, some app, music player, whatever) you just tap the middle of the top menu bar (where the time is displayed) and a widget or bezel pops up with icons for 3G, Bluetooth etc. and you just tap the icon and switch the service on or off -- simple, fast, easy?! Imagine it to look like the bezel that shows up in the phone app when you're making a call and want to turn on the speaker or mute the call -- same thing, just for network connections?

I am a new noob to jailbreak...is something like this available for jailbreak? This feature would be awesome.

Thanks!!

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Deeper Google Voice integration would keep me from jailbreaking. I just want Apple to allow you to integrate the SMS from GV into the default messaging app.

brengla

Jun 4, 2009
Visit site
I've seen some of the new jailbreaks that include widgets and these are really nice. Quick access to wifi from there and also music controls up there would be awesome. Possible even some quick app access as well.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'd love to see an SBSettings type app - quick access to settings... and a setting to "MARK ALL ... " in the mail app.

jproubique

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
There is only one thing that i still really wish for and have been wishing ever from the start, but since they didn't show it off and it's not included in the beta I'm afraid they are skipping it again?!? :(

Anyway, what I REALLY want is some kind of quick access network settings change option?! To quickly activate de-activate 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. without the hassle of browsing trough the settings app?!

Here's what I always imagined it like: wherever you are (springboard, some app, music player, whatever) you just tap the middle of the top menu bar (where the time is displayed) and a widget or bezel pops up with icons for 3G, Bluetooth etc. and you just tap the icon and switch the service on or off -- simple, fast, easy?! Imagine it to look like the bezel that shows up in the phone app when you're making a call and want to turn on the speaker or mute the call -- same thing, just for network connections?

It can't really be that hard to implement something like this, so I really don't understand why Apple still makes me jump though hoops every time I want to connect to my car's Bluetooth or turn on WiFi at the coffee shop?!? :mad:

- M

and it should be in the new notification ui along with more options for the notifacation center

bgl321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
For those who have iOS 5, how does the notification bar and notifications compare to Android? That's the one thing I miss from Android and hope Apple will meet or top it with iOS 5. Thanks!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
It's similar to android. I wish we could delete individual notifications or the actual notification itself. I don't like waiting that long for it to go away when it shows up.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's similar to android. I wish we could delete individual notifications or the actual notification itself. I don't like waiting that long for it to go away when it shows up.

Or have it so you can set the amount of time it takes for the bar to flip back up. That would be mint.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Some things I wish they would do eventually in iOS

BiteSMS like texting, it is so much easier that it is the thing that most people missed most from JB. I can text while my phone syncs and it will do both things enabling you to do more.

Sounds - iOS 5 goes farther with sounds than before but I would like them to let you totally control system sounds and remove the stupid ones.

Stock icons - Finally allow the stock icons to be deleted. In every version of the firmware so many people have the same set of stock apps in some unused or misc folder.

Theming - this will NEVER happen from Apple but I would love a firmware that allows theming even if it's Apple regulated and also cost 99 cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR