There is only one thing that i still really wish for and have been wishing ever from the start, but since they didn't show it off and it's not included in the beta I'm afraid they are skipping it again!?

Anyway, what I REALLY want is some kind of quick access network settings change option! To quickly activate de-activate 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. without the hassle of browsing trough the settings app!

Here's what I always imagined it like: wherever you are (springboard, some app, music player, whatever) you just tap the middle of the top menu bar (where the time is displayed) and a widget or bezel pops up with icons for 3G, Bluetooth etc. and you just tap the icon and switch the service on or off -- simple, fast, easy! Imagine it to look like the bezel that shows up in the phone app when you're making a call and want to turn on the speaker or mute the call -- same thing, just for network connections
    I am a new noob to jailbreak...is something like this available for jailbreak? This feature would be awesome.

Thanks!!
    08-05-2011 03:42 PM
    I am a new noob to jailbreak...is something like this available for jailbreak? This feature would be awesome.

Thanks!!
    SBSettings
    08-05-2011 03:55 PM
    Deeper Google Voice integration would keep me from jailbreaking. I just want Apple to allow you to integrate the SMS from GV into the default messaging app.
    08-05-2011 05:30 PM
    FaceTime on 3G and would love Profiles
    That would be awesome. Times profiles would be even better!!
    08-09-2011 05:38 AM
    I've seen some of the new jailbreaks that include widgets and these are really nice. Quick access to wifi from there and also music controls up there would be awesome. Possible even some quick app access as well.
    08-09-2011 05:40 AM
    I'd love to see an SBSettings type app - quick access to settings... and a setting to "MARK ALL ... " in the mail app.
    08-09-2011 10:03 AM
    There is only one thing that i still really wish for and have been wishing ever from the start, but since they didn't show it off and it's not included in the beta I'm afraid they are skipping it again!?

Anyway, what I REALLY want is some kind of quick access network settings change option! To quickly activate de-activate 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth etc. without the hassle of browsing trough the settings app!

Here's what I always imagined it like: wherever you are (springboard, some app, music player, whatever) you just tap the middle of the top menu bar (where the time is displayed) and a widget or bezel pops up with icons for 3G, Bluetooth etc. and you just tap the icon and switch the service on or off -- simple, fast, easy! Imagine it to look like the bezel that shows up in the phone app when you're making a call and want to turn on the speaker or mute the call -- same thing, just for network connections

It can't really be that hard to implement something like this, so I really don't understand why Apple still makes me jump though hoops every time I want to connect to my car's Bluetooth or turn on WiFi at the coffee shop!?

- M
    and it should be in the new notification ui along with more options for the notifacation center
    08-12-2011 01:22 AM
    a good idea would be for apple to really ask people what they want and give it to them the best way possible the apple way
    08-12-2011 01:24 AM
    and how about some new stock wallpapers for once lion got a ton of em lets see some new ones
    08-12-2011 01:35 AM
    now that safari has tabs, how about combining the location and search bars?
    08-12-2011 02:49 AM
    For those who have iOS 5, how does the notification bar and notifications compare to Android? That's the one thing I miss from Android and hope Apple will meet or top it with iOS 5. Thanks!
    08-19-2011 03:49 PM
    It's similar to android. I wish we could delete individual notifications or the actual notification itself. I don't like waiting that long for it to go away when it shows up.
    08-19-2011 05:11 PM
    I wish we could delete individual notifications or the actual notification itself.
    absolutely.

blarg! looks like no Calendar snooze or Notifcation statusbar icon. oh well, guess that is what jailbreak is for
    08-19-2011 10:01 PM
    It's similar to android. I wish we could delete individual notifications or the actual notification itself. I don't like waiting that long for it to go away when it shows up.
    Or have it so you can set the amount of time it takes for the bar to flip back up. That would be mint.
    08-20-2011 12:32 PM
    Some things I wish they would do eventually in iOS

BiteSMS like texting, it is so much easier that it is the thing that most people missed most from JB. I can text while my phone syncs and it will do both things enabling you to do more.

Sounds - iOS 5 goes farther with sounds than before but I would like them to let you totally control system sounds and remove the stupid ones.

Stock icons - Finally allow the stock icons to be deleted. In every version of the firmware so many people have the same set of stock apps in some unused or misc folder.

Theming - this will NEVER happen from Apple but I would love a firmware that allows theming even if it's Apple regulated and also cost 99 cents.
    08-20-2011 03:22 PM
    A gesture or something that would bring you to the bottom of a forum or web page without having to scroll.

If you tap the header once to go to the top, how about a double tap to go to the bottom?
    08-20-2011 03:47 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD