Setting up iOS 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Massie way to go brother :D BLiNK Welcome back to the light side!!!! glad you found your way out of the darkness that is Team Pure. I'm running iOS 5 on my iPad 2 which can't be JBen anyway so I have the best of both worlds. I know Apple will never allow me to customize the phone the way I want and until that day JB 4 Lyfe lol.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha, well the sickening part of this is.. a part of me wants to reload iOS 5b1 :D

yes, i have a problem.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everyone welcome to iOS Anonymous, this is brother BLiNK and he has admitted his problem. BLiNK please introduce yourself and tell us a little about when it all started? :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
haha "iOS anonymous" i like the sounds of that. if there were such a thing i would have to check in--pronto!

i guess i will not be truly satisfied until i am jailbroken (untethered) on iOS 5, which seems like a very long time from now :mad:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Tell me about it lol I'm waiting too :mad:Hmmmm maybe I need to buy that domain lol then Apple can pay me millions one day.

KAB

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
Problems installing ios 5 beta

Hi, all-

Any suggestions? I have a developer's account and I have attempted to do a restore to ios 5 but I keep getting the "This iphone is not eligible for this build" message.

Ugh....

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi, all-

Any suggestions? I have a developer's account and I have attempted to do a restore to ios 5 but I keep getting the "This iphone is not eligible for this build" message.

Ugh....

Search on here for my username and threads I've started look for the one "What to do when you can't upgrade through iTunes" read the first page and follow the steps.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah, but still not working.

if its not ur hosts file, heres what worked for me on windows.

I was renaming the .dng extension to .ipsw it looked good but did'nt install. Kept saying "firmware not compatible" iTunes error immediatly after shift/restore. So i used 7-zip & unzipped the .dng firmware file into into 4 files numbered 0 to 3. A) 0.ddm B) 1.Apple_Partition_Map C) 2.hfs D) 3.free.

then I unzipped the 2.hfs file & that .ipsw file worked like a charm. No renaming required, hope this helps someone!

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
So it turns out I'm too lazy to do it...though this post also helped me decide: Do Not Install IOS5 Beta | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Looking forward to the fall!

Ignore that "Do Not Install IOS5 Beta." "This is not for the public????" bla, bla, bla!!! I was'nt aware I joined a private cult, when i registered a dev account. Read the rest of the replies, don't let one persons jaded "opinion" sway you. Not only does iOS 5 work stable, MuscleNerds tethered jailbreak works great also. If u have only one iPhone then I understand but if u have an extra lying around, go for it. If u dont jailbreak it, u wont have any problems. iOS 5 is fun but like all things new, after you've checked everything out it wears of quick! Then u jailbreak it & voila! Fun again, lol. So If u do jailbreak it, worst thing is safe-mode loop & u can just uninstall wtvr tweak was causing it. As of now on iOS 5 jb'd w/redsn0w 0.9.8b1 tethered, I'm using Barrel, five icon dock, iFile, unlimtones, UISettings, mobile terminal 520-1, OpenSSH (to change root passwords & establish SSH/wifi) & a few other tweaks w/out any problems. Also it's kinda exciting every few hours or each day seeing another tweek become iOS 5 compatible. Come back to the dark side & help brighten things up!!! Cheers, ;)

Last edited:

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it! If I had more time on my hands I'd definitely do it...to be honest the thing that holds me back the most is knowing that I'll have to start over every few weeks when the newest beta is released. I just don't want to bother rebuilding things that often...

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Glad you're enjoying it! If I had more time on my hands I'd definitely do it...to be honest the thing that holds me back the most is knowing that I'll have to start over every few weeks when the newest beta is released. I just don't want to bother rebuilding things that often...

Takes 10 minutes, if ur that busy then definitley dont jailbreak but using it stock u would only be updating or restoring, depending how it works. If updated beta firmware requires restore, not upgrade it's only 20 minutes. I enjoy doing that, then downgrading &/or re-jailbreaking. If u can patiently wait, that's a desirable trait & one that I don't have. :D Unfortunately i gotta, gotta, gotta, have the newest or latest for no good reason except just because I can. ;)

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
nillam1, please stop. you are making me want to go back to iOS 5

i am happily back on 4.3.3 and jailbroken..

KAB

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
it's the iphone 4. i even did the provisioning. no luck. still says not eligible for the build. i think i may just try to ask for my money back at this point....if possible!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh