Hi, all-

Any suggestions? I have a developer's account and I have attempted to do a restore to ios 5 but I keep getting the "This iphone is not eligible for this build" message.

Ugh....
    06-14-2011 08:52 PM
    Did you register the UDID in the developer portal?
    06-14-2011 09:21 PM
    yeah, but still not working.
    06-14-2011 09:52 PM
    And you do have the two profiles showing up in settings?
    06-14-2011 10:19 PM
    Not a 3G, is it?
    06-14-2011 10:20 PM
    Hi, all-

Any suggestions? I have a developer's account and I have attempted to do a restore to ios 5 but I keep getting the "This iphone is not eligible for this build" message.

Ugh....
    Search on here for my username and threads I've started look for the one "What to do when you can't upgrade through iTunes" read the first page and follow the steps.
    06-14-2011 11:46 PM
    i agree. follow his how too... its normally blocking apple in your host file. easy to do on mac and pc.
    06-15-2011 08:26 AM
    yeah, but still not working.
    if its not ur hosts file, heres what worked for me on windows.

I was renaming the .dng extension to .ipsw it looked good but did'nt install. Kept saying "firmware not compatible" iTunes error immediatly after shift/restore. So i used 7-zip & unzipped the .dng firmware file into into 4 files numbered 0 to 3. A) 0.ddm B) 1.Apple_Partition_Map C) 2.hfs D) 3.free.

then I unzipped the 2.hfs file & that .ipsw file worked like a charm. No renaming required, hope this helps someone!
    06-15-2011 07:09 PM
    So it turns out I'm too lazy to do it...though this post also helped me decide: Do Not Install IOS5 Beta | iPhone News, Help and Guides

Looking forward to the fall!
    Ignore that "Do Not Install IOS5 Beta." "This is not for the public????" bla, bla, bla!!! I was'nt aware I joined a private cult, when i registered a dev account. Read the rest of the replies, don't let one persons jaded "opinion" sway you. Not only does iOS 5 work stable, MuscleNerds tethered jailbreak works great also. If u have only one iPhone then I understand but if u have an extra lying around, go for it. If u dont jailbreak it, u wont have any problems. iOS 5 is fun but like all things new, after you've checked everything out it wears of quick! Then u jailbreak it & voila! Fun again, lol. So If u do jailbreak it, worst thing is safe-mode loop & u can just uninstall wtvr tweak was causing it. As of now on iOS 5 jb'd w/redsn0w 0.9.8b1 tethered, I'm using Barrel, five icon dock, iFile, unlimtones, UISettings, mobile terminal 520-1, OpenSSH (to change root passwords & establish SSH/wifi) & a few other tweaks w/out any problems. Also it's kinda exciting every few hours or each day seeing another tweek become iOS 5 compatible. Come back to the dark side & help brighten things up!!! Cheers,
    Last edited by nillam1; 06-15-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    06-15-2011 07:28 PM
    Glad you're enjoying it! If I had more time on my hands I'd definitely do it...to be honest the thing that holds me back the most is knowing that I'll have to start over every few weeks when the newest beta is released. I just don't want to bother rebuilding things that often...
    06-15-2011 07:34 PM
    Glad you're enjoying it! If I had more time on my hands I'd definitely do it...to be honest the thing that holds me back the most is knowing that I'll have to start over every few weeks when the newest beta is released. I just don't want to bother rebuilding things that often...
    Takes 10 minutes, if ur that busy then definitley dont jailbreak but using it stock u would only be updating or restoring, depending how it works. If updated beta firmware requires restore, not upgrade it's only 20 minutes. I enjoy doing that, then downgrading &/or re-jailbreaking. If u can patiently wait, that's a desirable trait & one that I don't have. Unfortunately i gotta, gotta, gotta, have the newest or latest for no good reason except just because I can.
    Last edited by nillam1; 06-15-2011 at 08:03 PM.
    06-15-2011 07:44 PM
    nillam1, please stop. you are making me want to go back to iOS 5

i am happily back on 4.3.3 and jailbroken..
    06-15-2011 08:05 PM
    come back, BLiNK... you know you want to...
    06-15-2011 10:58 PM
    come back, BLiNK... you know you want to...
    yes sir i do! haha...

can anyone confirm when beta 2 hits if i need to have beta 1 installed before going to beta 2??
    06-16-2011 08:46 PM
    it's the iphone 4. i even did the provisioning. no luck. still says not eligible for the build. i think i may just try to ask for my money back at this point....if possible!
    06-16-2011 09:31 PM
    it's the iphone 4. i even did the provisioning. no luck. still says not eligible for the build. i think i may just try to ask for my money back at this point....if possible!
    Did you try editing your hosts file? the link is now in my sig so you have no excuse.
    06-17-2011 07:19 AM
    Ipheuria, you might as well just make your sig one BIG tutorial

anyways, i am back on iOS 5 and for some reason it seems more stable than the last time i loaded it..

issues i was experiencing previously (safari stuttering, tapatalk not working properly, "X" option in auto correct not working, when timer ends - sleep ipod not working) are no longer there.. even the camera roll/photo album feature is working better than before.

i restored as new both times.. how can this be?
    06-17-2011 09:33 AM
    Ipheuria, you might as well just make your sig one BIG tutorial

anyways, i am back on iOS 5 and for some reason it seems more stable than the last time i loaded it..

issues i was experiencing previously (safari stuttering, tapatalk not working properly, "X" option in auto correct not working, when timer ends - sleep ipod not working) are no longer there.. even the camera roll/photo album feature is working better than before.

i restored as new both times.. how can this be?
    I told you... you were holding your mouth wrong the first time.
    06-17-2011 10:22 AM
    I told you... you were holding your mouth wrong the first time.
    i am beginning to believe it, honestly..
    06-17-2011 10:42 AM
    Set up with new. That's what I did.
    06-21-2011 03:30 PM
    i'd set it up as a new phone.Only because, when i set it up with an old restore file some apps were choppy and slowed down my phone. That's my opinion...
    06-24-2011 02:57 PM
    I actually forgot to back up my iphone before upgrading to iOS 5 so lost all my apps because of that then got them back and made sure I backed up then set up from my backup and didn't get any problems.
    06-25-2011 10:48 PM
    since us devs would usually have more than one of the same device, we'd recommend a full new setup everytime a new beta releases.

but testing a restored device is also a part of what we do. lulz~
    06-25-2011 10:55 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD