iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Word is beta 2 is dropping tomorrow. I wish it was confirmed but dont be surprised if it does. Friday just seems like a odd day for a beta to drop though.

Yeah, Friday seems like an odd day, indeed... but I'll welcome it whenever it comes...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah, Friday seems like an odd day, indeed... but I'll welcome it whenever it comes...

I'm still thinking it to be Tuesday but hey this is coming from somebody who has been reliable to me for a few years. But they couldnt confirm it themselves. It may mean nothing but wanted to pass on any information that could be right. We'll see

maaatter

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm still thinking it to be Tuesday but hey this is coming from somebody who has been reliable to me for a few years. But they couldnt confirm it themselves. It may mean nothing but wanted to pass on any information that could be right. We'll see

Sounds about right. iOS 4.3 b1-3 we're released on Tuesday or Wed.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
First bug for me as mentioned previously. Apps that export/attach pictures to email or mms force close upon export. No picture love. I hope my banks check depositing app will work. Also, has anybody tried to use square since installing the beta?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure it'll fix some of the smaller bugs (synced photos not showing up, double emails, MMS messages not saving, etc.) and give some overall performance enhancements.

But it could very well introduce new glitches... that's the way beta releases work...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
has anyone's 3G plan on an iPad lapsed and ask you to renew now or later? Mine just did and I'm unable to renew LOL So now my iPad is stuck without 3G. I'm thinking it's related to iOS because I've tried on both 3G and on Wifi only to get connected to the Account info and no dice I just get an error. I thought ok maybe it's just a problem so I left it all day and now 7 hours later no dice :( Oh well I'll see how long it takes before it starts working again.

home on WIFI and still can't setup my 3G plan lol oh well guess I just have to wait for beta 2

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Beta 2? So soon? Ok well that's fine for me. One more week and I am in NYC, so hopefully it doesn't kill the camera. I was hoping it wouldn't be dropped while I am on tour of NY.

I don't think performance will be fixed until B4, provided it gets that far in testing.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Beta 2? So soon? Ok well that's fine for me. One more week and I am in NYC, so hopefully it doesn't kill the camera. I was hoping it wouldn't be dropped while I am on tour of NY.

I don't think performance will be fixed until B4, provided it gets that far in testing.

Agreed... still lots of debugging stuff... and performance tuning will happen once everything is working and stable...

sumb0765

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
if I want to search inside SMS, just when i typed first letter it will crash immediately.

I can't use iCloud because it said there is no space despite I just want to backup the settings only w/o contacts, calender, apps, photos and songs. I think it's impossible for settings only to be more than 5 GB.

budwizer

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
And one more bug that will cause me to go back to 4.3...can't edit contacts. Can't add field (ie, birthday) or change ringtone. Bummer.

Just checked and no problems for me in adding fields. Using the native Contacts app I just created a new contact, scrolled to bottom and clicked + for add field and selected birthday. Also did the same with an existing contact that did not have a birthday. Also confirmed that I am able to assign a custom ringtone to an existing contact.

budwizer

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
The keyboard is freaking huge in landscape, covers half the screen. The only problem is I can't remember the size of the keyboard in the regular OS to compare but my feeling is it's bigger.

Haven't seen a response to this and not sure if you are aware however in landscape mode you can split the keyboard into half by pulling it apart. Separates it out and makes it quite a bit smaller. Very nice feature but does take a little getting used to initially.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
anyone else having issues with their home buttons not responding at times?

Had that issue when I was on a stock OS last fall. Apple gave a new one. Never a issue again. So its hard to say if its hardware or software on your issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro