iOS 5 Beta 1 Bugs and Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem where when I open imessage and try to search for someone in my list of conversations it closes iMessage.

Eddieh33

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
? Wifi screen pops up randomly and its blank
? Facebook program shows non connectivity even though I have internet access
? Big battery drainer
? In messaging, you sometimes can no longer see your text when you are typing?GUI error
? You cant update contact information from the favorites list, you can only do it within the full contact list
? Texts with emoticons come out blank for the other person
? Answer key sticks when trying to answer a call
? Cant save pictures from MMS

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
? Big battery drainer
? In messaging, you sometimes can no longer see your text when you are typing?GUI error
? You cant update contact information from the favorites list, you can only do it within the full contact list

1. Not an issue for me
2. Not an issue for me
3. Turned off most location aware apps in settings, battery fixed
4. Not an issue for me
5. Known issue and being corrected
6. Never used emoticons (don't even know how to get them)
7. Known issue and being corrected
8. Known issue and being corrected

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
? Big battery drainer

I have been getting the FB bug on 4.3.3 as well. Not a 5.0 issue

ds1234

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Let me start off by saying that I don't actually have iOS 5, but the bug I'm reporting deals with the beta iTunes Purchased Cloud. When I would purchase a song it would fly down to the downloads section, but it wouldn't download to my iPad. I would have to then go to the Purchased section and click the cloud to get it to download. It would then have a bunch of downloads that HAVE been downloaded already in the download section. Eventually it quit downloading the songs, even in the round about way. I tried a few times and eventually restarted my iPad. Everything is back to normal finally, BUT now I have like seven copies of each song so I'm gonna have to go to my Mac and fix my iPad library.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And one more bug that will cause me to go back to 4.3...can't edit contacts. Can't add field (ie, birthday) or change ringtone. Bummer.

budd1e_lee

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Tons of issues with the music app. Genius either does nothing or crashes the app. Huge battery drain. Randomly hangs and crashes on certain songs that have never been an issue previously and reverts to somewhere much earlier in the playlist upon relaunch. Slow to skip tracks. Skip tracks from a dock connected device sometimes fast-forwards instead of skips.

robwilson

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I thought I would chime in on my 2 cents worth with IOS 5. My battery life was off and on everyday. One day it would keep a full charge and the other day with would drain fast. FB bombed every now and then. Tango would not work at all as well as Facetime. I could not connect to whomever I was calling. So, I just went back to 4.2.8 and will wait for the final release.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
went out of town over the weekend and had the pleasure of my device crashing when trying to view photos from the within camera app and the flash going back to the OFF position after each photo was taken. also, it seemed like the flash was delayed quite a bit

any ideas as to when beta 2 will be coming out??

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
has anyone's 3G plan on an iPad lapsed and ask you to renew now or later? Mine just did and I'm unable to renew LOL So now my iPad is stuck without 3G. I'm thinking it's related to iOS because I've tried on both 3G and on Wifi only to get connected to the Account info and no dice I just get an error. I thought ok maybe it's just a problem so I left it all day and now 7 hours later no dice :( Oh well I'll see how long it takes before it starts working again.

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm seeing the odd keyboard issue sometimes, tap on a key and you get the one next to it. Not all the time. Worst seems to be the letter T. No matter where I press sometimes I get either an R or Y!
Weird!

I have the same problem. I also noticed that if you open messages and try to search for a conversation by typing the name in the search bar it crashes the app.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Word is beta 2 is dropping tomorrow. I wish it was confirmed but dont be surprised if it does. Friday just seems like a odd day for a beta to drop though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed an issue with the Weather app. The app is set to my locale (Phoenix), and set to display the temps in Fahrenheit. If I tap on the weather icon on the Notification Screen, it opens the forecast screen - and the temps are shown in degrees, Fahrenheit. But if I then tap on the weather/icon and temperature on that forecast screen, it show the hourly forecast in degrees, Celsius.

Anybody else seen that in action or seen it reported as an issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal