Not open for further replies.

MarkCooz

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
The issues I ran into:

The phone runs real sluggish.
Twitter Crashes when going to my profile
Major Battery Drain!
When saving an edited picture through pictures app, it freezes and crashes.. (i've only tried twice)

that's it so far!

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
The lag isn't too bad for me, it's tolerable for a beta 1. I expect things to tighten up noticeably with beta 3. I personally expect at least 4 betas.

I think the usual September iPod event will now become the iPhone hardware debut as iPods begin to take a back seat.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Yes. I know they are revamping some serious internal plumbing, so they need to get it right. Even then, it won't really be right until the 5.1 release.

dmt316

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
i have noticed that i get repeat notifications from foursquare, mlb trade rumors, and facebook even though i opened the app and cleared them from the drop down

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is the main reason I would never load it on my phone. On the iPad I can deal with the bugs just fine. I have no problem running the beta.

The keyboard is freaking huge in landscape, covers half the screen. The only problem is I can't remember the size of the keyboard in the regular OS to compare but my feeling is it's bigger.

bizfox

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
When using the Mophie Juice Pack Plus case, my iPhone 4 running on iOS 5 would heat up in a matter of 3-5 minutes (by heat, I meant "hot"). However, when I switched the case over to the SGP hybrid neo one, my device stays cool no matter what I do. Maybe a compatibility problem?

Other than that, all my apps work great, and I'm liking the notification center. The addition of iMessage, while not very necessary (most people I know own a wide range of smartphones, not just iPhones), is nice as well.

Hopefully, the next beta/s will address the battery case heating problem (never had that issue with iOS 4.3.3, except when I'm occasionally talking on the phone for hours).

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
this is one of the things that made me go back to 4.3.3, not mad at all. it's expected with betas

and what does summer have to do with it?

I'm off for summer. The one advantage left of teaching is you still get that 6 weeks free. So I have nothing critical, and if I have to use a backup phone for a while, it's no biggie.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
assuming September is the time; doesn't it seem like this beta is longer than usual?

I said the same thing. Usually there are 4-5 betas over a 2 month period. Well this period is 3-4 months. Wondering if they just spread out the betas even longer

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I am curious how many of you are submitting bug reports to Apple. I have and currently have a battery logger installed on my phone because of it.

HedgehogHK

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this has already been posted (or if this is a bug), but the Twitter automatic login doesn't work. I use Twitter for iPhone and Twitter for iPad. I have logged-in in the Settings app, but in Twitter for iPhone, it doesn't automatically log-in. Is this even a bug?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I am curious how many of you are submitting bug reports to Apple. I have and currently have a battery logger installed on my phone because of it.

just curious, can anyone submit bug reports to Apple or do you have to be the actual developer?

it seems like with this beta there are a lot of slots being used by normal users and if they can submit info as well it would be very useful..?

also, what exactly is a battery logger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner