2-4 weeks or so
    BLiNK likes this.
    06-21-2011 11:24 PM
    has anyone's 3G plan on an iPad lapsed and ask you to renew now or later? Mine just did and I'm unable to renew LOL So now my iPad is stuck without 3G. I'm thinking it's related to iOS because I've tried on both 3G and on Wifi only to get connected to the Account info and no dice I just get an error. I thought ok maybe it's just a problem so I left it all day and now 7 hours later no dice Oh well I'll see how long it takes before it starts working again.
    06-23-2011 03:47 PM
    I'm seeing the odd keyboard issue sometimes, tap on a key and you get the one next to it. Not all the time. Worst seems to be the letter T. No matter where I press sometimes I get either an R or Y!
    Weird!
    I have the same problem. I also noticed that if you open messages and try to search for a conversation by typing the name in the search bar it crashes the app.
    06-23-2011 04:36 PM
    Word is beta 2 is dropping tomorrow. I wish it was confirmed but dont be surprised if it does. Friday just seems like a odd day for a beta to drop though.
    06-23-2011 04:37 PM
    I just noticed an issue with the Weather app. The app is set to my locale (Phoenix), and set to display the temps in Fahrenheit. If I tap on the weather icon on the Notification Screen, it opens the forecast screen - and the temps are shown in degrees, Fahrenheit. But if I then tap on the weather/icon and temperature on that forecast screen, it show the hourly forecast in degrees, Celsius.

Anybody else seen that in action or seen it reported as an issue?
    06-23-2011 04:49 PM
    Word is beta 2 is dropping tomorrow. I wish it was confirmed but dont be surprised if it does. Friday just seems like a odd day for a beta to drop though.
    Yeah, Friday seems like an odd day, indeed... but I'll welcome it whenever it comes...
    06-23-2011 04:49 PM
    Yeah, Friday seems like an odd day, indeed... but I'll welcome it whenever it comes...
    I'm still thinking it to be Tuesday but hey this is coming from somebody who has been reliable to me for a few years. But they couldnt confirm it themselves. It may mean nothing but wanted to pass on any information that could be right. We'll see
    06-23-2011 04:54 PM
    I'm still thinking it to be Tuesday but hey this is coming from somebody who has been reliable to me for a few years. But they couldnt confirm it themselves. It may mean nothing but wanted to pass on any information that could be right. We'll see
    Sounds about right. iOS 4.3 b1-3 we're released on Tuesday or Wed.
    06-23-2011 05:14 PM
    Sounds about right. iOS 4.3 b1-3 we're released on Tuesday or Wed.
    yup thats why my thinking keeps telling me Tuesday
    06-23-2011 05:15 PM
    going from times past, should we anticipate beta 2 being less buggy, same or worse?
    06-23-2011 05:32 PM
    First bug for me as mentioned previously. Apps that export/attach pictures to email or mms force close upon export. No picture love. I hope my banks check depositing app will work. Also, has anybody tried to use square since installing the beta?
    06-23-2011 05:33 PM
    going from times past, should we anticipate beta 2 being less buggy, same or worse?
    I'm sure it'll fix some of the smaller bugs (synced photos not showing up, double emails, MMS messages not saving, etc.) and give some overall performance enhancements.
    06-23-2011 05:36 PM
    I'm sure it'll fix some of the smaller bugs (synced photos not showing up, double emails, MMS messages not saving, etc.) and give some overall performance enhancements.
    But it could very well introduce new glitches... that's the way beta releases work...
    06-23-2011 06:01 PM
    But it could very well introduce new glitches... that's the way beta releases work...
    last year beta 2 broke the camera
    06-23-2011 06:06 PM
    has anyone's 3G plan on an iPad lapsed and ask you to renew now or later? Mine just did and I'm unable to renew LOL So now my iPad is stuck without 3G. I'm thinking it's related to iOS because I've tried on both 3G and on Wifi only to get connected to the Account info and no dice I just get an error. I thought ok maybe it's just a problem so I left it all day and now 7 hours later no dice Oh well I'll see how long it takes before it starts working again.
    home on WIFI and still can't setup my 3G plan lol oh well guess I just have to wait for beta 2
    06-23-2011 06:28 PM
    Beta 2? So soon? Ok well that's fine for me. One more week and I am in NYC, so hopefully it doesn't kill the camera. I was hoping it wouldn't be dropped while I am on tour of NY.

I don't think performance will be fixed until B4, provided it gets that far in testing.
    06-23-2011 08:00 PM
    Beta 2? So soon? Ok well that's fine for me. One more week and I am in NYC, so hopefully it doesn't kill the camera. I was hoping it wouldn't be dropped while I am on tour of NY.

I don't think performance will be fixed until B4, provided it gets that far in testing.
    Agreed... still lots of debugging stuff... and performance tuning will happen once everything is working and stable...
    06-23-2011 08:23 PM
    anyone else having issues with their home buttons not responding at times?
    06-23-2011 09:53 PM
    if I want to search inside SMS, just when i typed first letter it will crash immediately.

I can't use iCloud because it said there is no space despite I just want to backup the settings only w/o contacts, calender, apps, photos and songs. I think it's impossible for settings only to be more than 5 GB.
    06-24-2011 03:15 PM
    And one more bug that will cause me to go back to 4.3...can't edit contacts. Can't add field (ie, birthday) or change ringtone. Bummer.
    Just checked and no problems for me in adding fields. Using the native Contacts app I just created a new contact, scrolled to bottom and clicked + for add field and selected birthday. Also did the same with an existing contact that did not have a birthday. Also confirmed that I am able to assign a custom ringtone to an existing contact.
    06-24-2011 04:11 PM
    The keyboard is freaking huge in landscape, covers half the screen. The only problem is I can't remember the size of the keyboard in the regular OS to compare but my feeling is it's bigger.
    Haven't seen a response to this and not sure if you are aware however in landscape mode you can split the keyboard into half by pulling it apart. Separates it out and makes it quite a bit smaller. Very nice feature but does take a little getting used to initially.
    06-24-2011 04:15 PM
    anyone else having issues with their home buttons not responding at times?
    Had that issue when I was on a stock OS last fall. Apple gave a new one. Never a issue again. So its hard to say if its hardware or software on your issue
    06-24-2011 04:18 PM
    i do not know who the hell your friend is but i love him!
    06-24-2011 06:40 PM
    Beta 2 is build 9A5248d
    06-24-2011 06:42 PM
    Was this spot on or what? Thanks to the tipster
    06-24-2011 06:49 PM
208 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD