Doesn't play well when playing music via dock connector and trying to answer phone via bluetooth. I couldn't answer either with handset or bluetooth, it was angry.
    06-10-2011 04:58 AM
    Plug it in, used to show up as a drive so that you could copy photos. Now it doesn't show up and you're pretty much dependent on iPhoto (which I hate).
    06-10-2011 06:10 AM
    Maybe this is just me... But my music quality sucks since upgrading to iOS5.

Also, twitter app is biggy. Crashes a lot on profiles. Tumblr doesn't work at all.... Notifications are sometimey. When they work for me they work GREAT but sometimes they just clock out... Netflix app doesn't work at all either (tear). Facebook works but seems "jumpy"...
    06-10-2011 08:15 AM
    Plug it in, used to show up as a drive so that you could copy photos. Now it doesn't show up and you're pretty much dependent on iPhoto (which I hate).
    Whoa, mine never did this on iOS 4! In case I have to go back to 4 because of a bad beta, is there anything you did to get this to work? I freaking hate iPhoto. Lol! This would be AWESOME!
    06-10-2011 10:45 AM
    Found the first bug that really kinda annoys me: when I tap the + Button in the calendar to add a new event the Calendar app always crashes! No way to enter new events on the iPhone as for now!

Is it just me or can anyone else confirm this?!

BTW, it only happens on the iPhone, Calendar app on the iPad works just fine

- M
    06-10-2011 04:38 PM
    Whoa, mine never did this on iOS 4! In case I have to go back to 4 because of a bad beta, is there anything you did to get this to work? I freaking hate iPhoto. Lol! This would be AWESOME!
    Plug in iPhone. Look at Finder. iPhone appears in list of storage devices.
    06-10-2011 04:55 PM
    I have been getting double emails since I upgraded. I found that if you turn on threaded email the bug goes away...
    06-10-2011 07:14 PM
    I just had a strange thing happen... I went to the App Store and checked for App updates... there was one... so I clicked UPDATE. It prompted me for my password which I entered... when I hit OK, the password dialog closed, but I was left looking at my home screen with the keyboard still in place. I just clicked on an icon and then quit the app and all is good again...

06-10-2011 07:22 PM
    Are you sure that you haven't installed some 3rd party app on your Mac that does that?! Because the iPhone it's not supposed to show up as a drive and never did

- M
    06-10-2011 08:21 PM
    No 3rd party app. Have done it that way on Windows for years.

The only thing you can do is copy from the DCIM folder in your iPhone, but it's there.
    06-10-2011 08:49 PM
    No 3rd party app. Have done it that way on Windows for years.

The only thing you can do is copy from the DCIM folder in your iPhone, but it's there.
    Since you said "Look at Finder" I was assuming you were referring to a Mac!? Maybe it does work on Windows, I can't say -- but it definitely never did on a Mac

- M
    06-10-2011 09:29 PM
    Mine NEVER did that... trust me, it's the first thing I looked for when I plugged it in the first time LOL. I was shocked at the time it didn't, and it never has (I always have at least one Finder window open). Sadface.
    06-10-2011 10:19 PM
    I swear I've been doing it on my Mac. Otherwise, how else have I been copying my photos since I stopped using that godawful iPhoto?
    06-11-2011 09:35 AM
    I use my iP4 that way in Windows, for what it's worth. Shows up as a camera.
    06-11-2011 11:00 AM
    I just had a strange thing happen... I went to the App Store and checked for App updates... there was one... so I clicked UPDATE. It prompted me for my password which I entered... when I hit OK, the password dialog closed, but I was left looking at my home screen with the keyboard still in place. I just clicked on an icon and then quit the app and all is good again...

I had that happen to me once as well, also noticed that when you update apps the app center still shows the badge until you actually open it up again at which point the badge dissapears.
    Jellotime91 likes this.
    06-11-2011 11:18 AM
    I had that happen to me once as well, also noticed that when you update apps the app center still shows the badge until you actually open it up again at which point the badge dissapears.
    It has always been like that, though. They really need to fix the way the app store notifies you of updates, it's ridiculously inaccurate.
    06-11-2011 11:44 AM
    I was in Infinity Blade and Notification Centre came down half way on accident. It froze my iPhone. Also noticed sometimes things get laggy that didn't in prior. AppStore sometimes doesn't load, or is really slow to. Tapped on "Buy More Tones" out of curiosity and it closed itself. Battery life is pretty poor compared to prior. But hey, this is the first of the betas.
    06-11-2011 02:52 PM
    My thumbnails in photo app are getting mixed up. If I take two pictures one after another the first picture has the thumbnail from the second. Same with videos. Weird. Battery life not so good but I'm sure that will get sorted out soon. WIFI sync with iTunes is disabled in this first beta so can't test that. Facebook doesn't always post comments. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Loving notifications though.
    06-11-2011 03:24 PM
    I have noticed:

Safari: Lagging and crashing
    Camera: The flash lives its own life, cannot turn it off ++, Problems with focus.
    Lock screen: E-mails notification is missing and others are lagging.
    Apps (in general): A lot of crashing going on..
    E-mail: I get duplicat e-mails.
    Custom vibration: Fails to save the settings in contact, have to try several times before its saved correctly.
    Reminders: Problems with the GPS locations, doesnt notify at all.
    Bluetooth: Cannot play music over BT ("Play", "Next" and "Prev" works via BT works but no sound. Cannot answer incoming calls by pressing "answer" on the BT device.
    Music: Lots of lagging when navigating and switching songs.
    Phone: The contact pics is only shown as thumbnails, not whole screen, even though the resolution is good enogh..
    Home button: When pressing, the "zoom animation" is lagging and showing images from several apps.
    General: The speed of the phone is pretty slow, but i'm liking the new iOS 5 features.
    Really looking forward to the upcoming betas and the final release
    Last edited by rogerrem; 06-11-2011 at 05:15 PM.
    06-11-2011 04:35 PM
    Hi guys. I haven't been having many of the bugs that you guys have mentioned. I'm using an iPhone 4 (GSM) and I changed firmwares through the Xcode beta with the iOS 5 SDK. Did you guys all update through iTunes? I just added the iOS 5 beta 1 image to Xcode, added my phone as a testing device, and from the firmware version drop down changed it from 4.3.3 to 5.0 and clicked restore. During setup it asked me how I wanted to set it up, and that was the first time during the process that I even had to open iTunes (10.5 beta of course). I set it up to restore from my 4.3.3 backup, it reinstalled everything, and aside from shorter battery life I've had very few errors so far (knock on wood), aside from obvious stuff like wireless syncing, newsstand, and anything else not activated in this release. Something else I found interesting: when I returned to Xcode after, both my 4.3.3 phone (labeled as iPhone 4.3.3) and the same phone after the update (labeled as The DomDomPhone 5.0) appeared as separate devices, and Xcode was still "waiting for the 4.3.3 phone to respond" even though it no longer existed, as I only have 1 phone. I removed it from the devices list to no ill effect.

Also, I noticed that the provisioning profile is on my device, but when I plug it in, I still have the option in Xcode to provision it as a test device, and the little circle next to the device name is gray. Bug?

A quick question as well (sorry for the long post, I know I'm new here): I use my MobileMe Apple ID for my dev account, and a gmail Apple ID for all my app and music purchases, so naturally I set up the device with the gmail Apple ID. When I try to turn on iCloud mail and notes, it wants me to create a "free @me.com email address" which of course I already have. Is there a way for me to get this working, and is iCloud even syncing this kind of data yet? As far as I can tell through Contacts, all of my contacts are still held through MobileMe and I have NO iCloud contacts, even though I have those enabled in setting, which leads me to believe that it's just not syncing that kind of data yet. All my MobileMe stuff works just fine though...
    Last edited by DomDomPop; 06-11-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Added information and a question
    06-11-2011 05:16 PM
    I swear I've been doing it on my Mac. Otherwise, how else have I been copying my photos since I stopped using that godawful iPhoto?
    Oh I believe you I bet it's my computer... I had to replace my harddrive (I recommend you don't let anyone with butterfingers carry your computer somewhere...) and now my harddrive doesn't show up on my desktop like it used to... it's probably something to do with that.
    06-11-2011 05:16 PM
    BTW, my iPhone doesn't show up in Finder either. I just updated to iOS 5 and there are the usual issues as listed above. Several games have no music, but as long as Angry Birds is good...so am I.

It'd be nice to get the Newsstand app to be able to get into a folder (Alli gave me a temp workaround). Also, I'd like Exchange to be able hold 100% of my emails. In iOS 4.x.x, there was as an option to have it keep them all. Now, I can only hold at most a month back. It's nice to be able to prove to people that Steve Jobs has responded to two seperate ones.
    06-11-2011 05:22 PM
    So far, the things I've noticed are:

Wallpapers-there are none
    App Store-when you click to install, the button decreases to a fraction of its original size, at the edge of the screen
    Keyboard-occassionally the middle letters that are struck show up different on the keyboard, like it's a calibration issue
    Messages-duplicate received text messages, which then disappear, so it looks normal
    06-11-2011 05:27 PM
    Oh I believe you I bet it's my computer... I had to replace my harddrive (I recommend you don't let anyone with butterfingers carry your computer somewhere...) and now my harddrive doesn't show up on my desktop like it used to... it's probably something to do with that.
    Finder > Preferences > General Tab > Show These Items on the Desktop > check Hard disks
    anon4705295 likes this.
    06-11-2011 07:25 PM
    Finder > Preferences > General Tab > Show These Items on the Desktop > check Hard disks
    /FACEPALM

I have the dumb...

Thanks!!!!!!! LOL
    06-11-2011 09:47 PM
208 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD