I was wondering what phones you guys are running the beta on? I'm trying it out on my old 3GS first. Is it stable enough to use as a daily driver?
    I'm running it on my 3gs and it runs pretty good.
    06-09-2011 02:56 PM
    now after the fact, i have read a lot of horror stories about betas gone bad in previous OS's and i would have to say we are pretty lucky, so far..??

dear god, i hope i did not jinx us
    06-09-2011 03:04 PM
    I am also running it on my 3GS and its running pretty smooth
    06-09-2011 03:04 PM
    I'm on vzw and it's ok. Other then issues i have already complained about, I noticed to day that the phone gets sluggish after about 12 hours. A reboot seems to work
    06-09-2011 03:15 PM
    iPhone4 (AT&T)... and yes, it's stable enough for every day use... IMHO...
    I'm running it on my 3gs and it runs pretty good.
    Thanks guys! Also, dumb question, but how I do enable wireless itunes syncing to my mac?
    06-09-2011 03:22 PM
    I was wrong ... Wasn't syncing with iTunes but iCloud.
    Oooooh, I see! So it really isn't working for anyone out there yet!?
    Okay, I guess we'll just have to wait for another release then

- M
    06-09-2011 05:22 PM
    Do you guys know how to enable the lockscreen camera shortcut? Or was that not included in this beta?
    06-09-2011 07:19 PM
    Do you guys know how to enable the lockscreen camera shortcut? Or was that not included in this beta?
    Double-click the Home button when you are in the lockscreen

- M
    06-09-2011 07:29 PM
    Double-click the Home button when you are in the lockscreen

- M
    Oh that's awesome. Thank you. Has anyone else noticed a huge decline in bars? My signal seems to be fine but my phone only displays 1-3 bars, usually just one.
    06-09-2011 08:43 PM
    Mail does show up on my lock screen, I agree with Hank this OS is solid enough to be my daily driver. I did test personal hot spot today and it works just fine as expected.
    06-09-2011 09:15 PM
    i dont get anything in notification center except the default weather and stocks. i have tried to add a test calendar event for 15 mins later and nothing. what am i doing wrong? im sure its dumb :P
    06-09-2011 10:08 PM
    As someone mentioned earlier in the thread, very few of the apps that attach pics from your camera roll will do that now - file structure change, I guess.
    06-09-2011 10:14 PM
    ESPN Scorecenter issue

whenever i get updates and i go into the notification, via statusbar or lockscreen, it never takes me into the correct section

i really hope this is something that is going to be corrected with future betas
    06-09-2011 11:39 PM
    Or a future sportscenter update. Remember, the current devs have to revamp the way their products work with the new notification center. This is usually the first time they have seen it too....

Too be honest, all these reports of a decently stable beta 1 is tempting me. But I am not too confident in allowing this to be on my only iOS device. Someone convince me!!!!
    06-09-2011 11:51 PM
    If I would to update to iOS 5 beta 2 or so on, do I need to reactivate my UDID again?
    06-09-2011 11:57 PM
    If I would to update to iOS 5 beta 2 or so on, do I need to reactivate my UDID again?
    No. Once it's added, that's it...unless the dev's account expired.
    06-09-2011 11:58 PM
    is scorecenter showing up in notification center for you cause i cant get anything to show in mine (using an ipod 4th gen). all i have is weather and stocks.
    06-10-2011 12:02 AM
    Oh that's awesome. Thank you. Has anyone else noticed a huge decline in bars? My signal seems to be fine but my phone only displays 1-3 bars, usually just one.
    Mine has been the exact opposite haha... Usually I have 3-4 bars, and now I almost always have 5... not that i'm complaining
    06-10-2011 12:47 AM
    Too be honest, all these reports of a decently stable beta 1 is tempting me. But I am not too confident in allowing this to be on my only iOS device. Someone convince me!!!!
    The tap a message's icon on your lockscreen and slide to open/take you to the message...
    Week view in calendar...
    Reminders...
    Photo rearrangement on phone...
    Purchasable text tones (progress at least)...
    Using phone while it syncs...
    Multiple apps downloading at once...
    Lockscreen notifications help with lack of calendar snooze...
    Safari Reader...
    No life-altering bugs that I've found. Only things that annoy me at all is that Tiny Wings lags quite a bit every once in a while and the battery life isn't AS good (though I can still make it through a day... and while it seems to churn through during usage, standby it barely moves at ALL)

Worst case scenario - you have to downgrade, which is possible and really easy... I've done it twice now by doing the same thing as upgrading to 5 but using my 4.x ipsw
    06-10-2011 12:54 AM
    You've downgraded from 5 to 4 twice? So answer me this. I am very worried about my saved games, some which took a lot of work. I'd hate to risk los If I update to 5
    Upgrading to 5 you won't lose anything... but any progress you make in 5 will be lost when/if you go back to 4... but if you ever go back to 5, as long as you backup every time that is, you'll have it all back. So pretty much, any progress you have now, you have for good
    ghostface147 likes this.
    06-10-2011 01:02 AM
    Worst case scenario - you have to downgrade, which is possible and really easy... I've done it twice now by doing the same thing as upgrading to 5 but using my 4.x ipsw
    You've downgraded from 5 to 4 twice already? That's not very comforting. Here's a question. I am paranoid about my saved games, some of which took a lot of work, and if I update to 5, will it restore from backup with no data loss? If I find 5 crappy and downgrade back to 4, what are the odds of restoring the data again? Based on past history, when you have an older version of iOS (like when I had my phone replaced and it came with 4.2), my 4.3.3 backup wouldn't restore until I upgraded to 4.3.3.

That being said, I assume 5 updates the backup and if I revert to 4.3.3, the backup won't work anymore?
    06-10-2011 01:07 AM
    Stupid iPhone. Wrong input and it got our messages crossed. But you answered my question. Thanks. I'm just paranoid about the saved data.
    06-10-2011 01:10 AM
    You've downgraded from 5 to 4 twice already? That's not very comforting. Here's a question. I am paranoid about my saved games, some of which took a lot of work, and if I update to 5, will it restore from backup with no data loss? If I find 5 crappy and downgrade back to 4, what are the odds of restoring the data again? Based on past history, when you have an older version of iOS (like when I had my phone replaced and it came with 4.2), my 4.3.3 backup wouldn't restore until I upgraded to 4.3.3.

That being said, I assume 5 updates the backup and if I revert to 4.3.3, the backup won't work anymore?
    Well, the first time I downgraded I only did it to see if I could... I was so nervous about a bad beta that I just had to know if I could go back to 4.x to save me from having to use a Blackberry... the second time was because the beta doesn't have the best battery life (not horrible though!) but I missed the notification center so much I'm back haha.

All 3 times I upgraded to 5, I had no data lost whatsoever. Going back to 4, I was where I left off in 4 (it can't read the 5 backup). At least with the iTunes I'm using (beta 10.5, which you have to use to register the iphone beta) it shows you your past like, 15 backups, so I just selected the latest one I knew was for the right software and I was back where I left off. I've lost nothing Nothing you do in 5 will sync back to 4, though, so that's something to consider.
    ghostface147 likes this.
    06-10-2011 01:13 AM
    Yeah that's very big to consider and I appreciate your quick response. I'll leave the other thread alone.

A part of me REALLY wants to update. A small part doesn't. Maybe I'll update once I return from my NYC trip (4th of July). I'd hate to update now and have messed up camera functions. Or worse, beta 2 is released and I will not be around a computer to update once the newer beta hits and my iPhone is bricked because I didn't update in time.
    06-10-2011 01:23 AM
    Yeah that's very big to consider and I appreciate your quick response. I'll leave the other thread alone.

A part of me REALLY wants to update. A small part doesn't. Maybe I'll update once I return from my NYC trip (4th of July). I'd hate to update now and have messed up camera functions. Or worse, beta 2 is released and I will not be around a computer to update once the newer beta hits and my iPhone is bricked because I didn't update in time.
    Yeah, that would super suck! I actually think the camera is performing better for me on 5... at least, the grid is really nice and it opens faster XD Also if you plan on using it as a camera a lot you should probably wait because the battery is worse... not as bad as android but it's definitely worse.
    06-10-2011 01:30 AM
208 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD