iOS 5 Photo Management Advice Please

graysonip

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
I understand that in iOS 5, we'll be able to move photos into folders directly from our devices (without syncing to a computer, as is presently required). However, I have two questions.

1. Will we also be able to rearrange the order of photos within a folder?

2. Will we be able to choose "cover art" for a photo album, perhaps by putting a certain photo first in an album? So, for example, if I want a picture of my mom to be next to my album titled "family" when I open the photo app, does iOS now allow me to do that? Previously, there was a seemingly random system for iOS identifying a picture to represent each photo album.

Thanks very much for any responses and/or screen shots!

kilcher

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
How does it work? I've always thought it should work the same as apps, you drag one photo on top of another and boom you have a folder. It's easy enough and would provide for a more uniform experience. Just curious if that's how they did it.

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I would be most interested in knowing how to sync albums created on my iPhone Photo app to my Mac.
I have beta 2 installed and while it's awesome that I can create new Albums I see no way to get them over to my computer and definitly not into iPhoto.

burdell1

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
i would love to be able to do this too.....and the ability to delete the folder and photos off my iPad/iphone after they transfer over to my computer.

MeerkatMac

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
As far as I've heard, iOS 5 will let you duplicate photos into multiple folders you can create, but that's about it. Photo Shack Pro let's you create libraries, albums, organize photos into each in the order you want, title, comment, sort, and more. Cover art is the first photo in the album. You'll have to decide for yourself if it's what your looking for. http://www.applgasm-apps.com

I understand that in iOS 5, we'll be able to move photos into folders directly from our devices (without syncing to a computer, as is presently required). However, I have two questions.

1. Will we also be able to rearrange the order of photos within a folder?

2. Will we be able to choose "cover art" for a photo album, perhaps by putting a certain photo first in an album? So, for example, if I want a picture of my mom to be next to my album titled "family" when I open the photo app, does iOS now allow me to do that? Previously, there was a seemingly random system for iOS identifying a picture to represent each photo album.

Thanks very much for any responses and/or screen shots!

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2