Does anyone know what the LED does????? Tried many different ways to make it work,but no luck....
    Last edited by skier1960; 06-13-2011 at 10:42 PM.
    06-13-2011 10:40 PM
    I think beta 1 is about the functionality of notifications. I personally don't want icons littering my menu bar. But if they can shade it differently or something like that when one comes in and you miss it, that'd be cool.

Also, add an option to clear them from the lock screen. I have no idea how many beta versions there will be (I am guessing 4 at most), but if these small tweaks aren't added by beta 3 at the most (assuming there are 4 betas)...it won't happen.

Does anyone know what the LED does????? Tried many different ways to make it work,but no luck....
    That may not be fully enabled yet. I am assuming that if alerts are enabled for your apps under the notification section in settings, it will flash your LED flash to alert you.
    06-14-2011 12:04 AM
    I think beta 1 is about the functionality of notifications. I personally don't want icons littering my menu bar. But if they can shade it differently or something like that when one comes in and you miss it, that'd be cool.

Also, add an option to clear them from the lock screen. I have no idea how many beta versions there will be (I am guessing 4 at most), but if these small tweaks aren't added by beta 3 at the most (assuming there are 4 betas)...it won't happen.

That may not be fully enabled yet. I am assuming that if alerts are enabled for your apps under the notification section in settings, it will flash your LED flash to alert you.
    That's what it does, when you get an alert (a text anyway, I turned the led alert off after a few texts is all) it flashes 3 times quickly.
    06-14-2011 12:33 AM

What if it was just a single icon. A generic notification icon. I can't see them changing the almost transparent bar to something else unless they make the color simi transparent.
    06-14-2011 04:25 AM
    Wish Apple would have allowed developers to write widgets without having to JB to install them. Maybe in the future they will open that up!
    06-14-2011 10:53 AM
    What if it was just a single icon. A generic notification icon. I can't see them changing the almost transparent bar to something else unless they make the color simi transparent.
    If it's just 1 icon that doesn't change no matter what the notification is, that's fine. In reality, it doesn't take but a second to swipe down.

One annoying thing with safari is the fact that when you try to swipe down for the notifications, it scrolls the page all the way to the top. Oh well.
    06-14-2011 11:29 AM

One annoying thing with safari is the fact that when you try to swipe down for the notifications, it scrolls the page all the way to the top. Oh well.
    If you swipe from the sides instead of the middle it doesn't scroll to the top
    06-14-2011 12:19 PM
    If it's just 1 icon that doesn't change no matter what the notification is, that's fine. In reality, it doesn't take but a second to swipe down.
    Yes, a single icon that indicates outstanding notifications is desperately needed. If people have an issue with a new icon (I can't see why they would) then Apple could flash the time once a second or alternate the time with an icon or text.

The main point is that you should be able to pick up a locked or unlocked phone and be able to tell there are notifications. With this new system, you cannot without actively pulling down the notification center and to me it's a big issue.
    06-14-2011 12:47 PM
    Yes, a single icon that indicates outstanding notifications is desperately needed. If people have an issue with a new icon (I can't see why they would) then Apple could flash the time once a second or alternate the time with an icon or text.

The main point is that you should be able to pick up a locked or unlocked phone and be able to tell there are notifications. With this new system, you cannot without actively pulling down the notification center and to me it's a big issue.
    once again, i agree. it seems if Apple is going to actively mimic the already made jailbreak apps/tweaks then why not keep going..

i do like your idea of the time flashing or even pulsing, that would look pretty cool. then that way there are no worries of cluttering up the statusbar if that is a concern.. something--anything!
    06-14-2011 04:27 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD