So I have iOS 5 beta 1 installed

YoungChrisG#IM

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
@ghostface147 Lol so I should wait till someone offers lol? Sounds like a plan :)

I agree rishi_tank. I like having more than just the last months emails considering I'm horrible about not creating folders in my email lol.

All in all it sounds like iOS 5 is shaping up very nicely! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

This kinda reminds me of the Blackberry Betas I used to run on my Storm lol! Only way better haha.

Reactions: rishi_tank

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Something cool I just stumbled upon, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, is in the weather app you have a "local weather" report now. So even if you're not in the city where you have the weather app set for, it'll still give you the weather report based on your current location. I thought that was a pretty cool feature.

PS - A little off topic, but I noticed on the Apple site that iOS is compatible with iPhone 3GS .. I thought that was really cool considering how they usually leave out the next to the last iPhone when they release a new iOS and how this iOS is primarily going to be for the iPhone 5. Traditionally, only the iPhone 5 and 4 would have gotten iOS 5, but it's cool they included the 3GS with this update as well.

Last edited:

tewest86

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to explain my question but I hope you understand. Does the notification shade follow your finger like on Android? If you've used Android then you'll know what I'm talking about. For example, lockinfo's Infoshade doesn't follow your input.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Something cool I just stumbled upon, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, is in the weather app you have a "local weather" report now. So even if you're not in the city where you have the weather app set for, it'll still give you the weather report based on your current location. I thought that was a pretty cool feature.

yes, very cool. also, if you swipe the weather widget to the left or right it gives you a 6 day forecast

RMskater

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how to explain my question but I hope you understand. Does the notification shade follow your finger like on Android? If you've used Android then you'll know what I'm talking about. For example, lockinfo's Infoshade doesn't follow your input.

Yes, but the widgets don't load unless you fully open the "AppleInfoShade", and release your finger, so you can't drag down to see the weather, and then pop it back up.

Also, the widgets refresh after you've pulled the shade down. They don't refresh in the background.

Both of these may change, however.

Richd5481

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
So far I am loving wireless sync with iTunes, works very well and fast. Calendar app has been updated, allows you to swipe between days and has a nice week view when you turn the device on it's side. I am still playing with it, but so far the OS is very responsive.
How did you get this to work? I thought this feature was disable in Beta 1

iPhone4iPad

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Just installed iOS5.
Didnt register UDID.
Jailbroke it, its working!!!
Notification centre, multitasking, imessages is awesomeeeeeeeeeeee
And everyone who is complaining about battery life NOT TRUE :p
Lol i dont have any issues with battery liefe ;)

rishi_tank

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
the weirdest thing happened today when i woke up, my contacts disappeared lol. My work contacts and iCloud contacts seemed to have vanished and then 5 minutes later they reappeared but it seems that my contact card (i have a contact card for myself) is gone. i think it could have something to do with setting the 'My Info' setting to a contact. Also the battery drained really fast today and hardly even used the phone today. I think it is due to iCloud, i'm guessing Apple are doing something on the server side...

rishi_tank

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
also has anyone been successful in wirelessly syncing their contacts with iCloud onto their PC's/Macs? At the moment i have to manually sync it to outlook using iTunes if i want to update my outlook contacts.

zerohvp

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The wireless syncing for the beta is disabled at the moment. No one can wirelessly sync with their iTunes with the beta as of yet.

They'll probably activate it within beta 2 or the final or GM version.

Reactions: rishi_tank

carolshhutch

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
the weirdest thing happened today when i woke up, my contacts disappeared lol. My work contacts and iCloud contacts seemed to have vanished and then 5 minutes later they reappeared but it seems that my contact card (i have a contact card for myself) is gone. i think it could have something to do with setting the 'My Info' setting to a contact. Also the battery drained really fast today and hardly even used the phone today. I think it is due to iCloud, i'm guessing Apple are doing something on the server side...

Hey, I'm thinking about changing to iOS5 now that the official version has been released, but I'm still a little worried. First of all, every time I update a iOS version to my iPhone, something wrong happens; last time was with iOS4 and my previous iPhone (3G). The update erased all my pictures and iPod library. Now I need to know: do I need iCloud to sync my phone? Can I still sync and charge it normally, the way I still do without using my wifi connection?
Does the battery life holds for a long time? And mainly, is everything still working properly with you guys?
Please help me asap.
xx

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox