Yes, I checked under Accessibility, and I see nothing that says vibrate or LED.

Sent from my VZW iPhone using Tapatalk
    scroll down towards the bottom... under the HEARING section... there's a setting for LED Flash for Alerts
    jsntrenkler likes this.
    06-10-2011 02:04 PM
    scroll down towards the bottom... under the HEARING section... there's a setting for LED Flash for Alerts
    It's super bright too. It's like your flash for your camera has gone off.
    06-10-2011 02:50 PM
    So is that only for the IPhone 4, and NOT the IPad 2? This is what the screen looks like on my IPad 2.....Attachment 9277

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    06-10-2011 02:59 PM
    Also, is there a way to create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
    06-10-2011 03:00 PM
    Isn't it your camera flash that goes off for that..?
    06-10-2011 04:21 PM
    Also, is there a way to create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options.
    Um, I actually don't think the iPad even has the option to vibrate!? At least my iPad 1 never did and I assume it will be the same with the iPad 2, right?! Vibrate is basically a substitute for the ringtone of the phone and since the iPad isn't a phone it makes no sense to have a vibration option in the first place

- M
    06-10-2011 04:35 PM
    Um, I actually don't think the iPad even has the option to vibrate!? At least my iPad 1 never did and I assume it will be the same with the iPad 2, right?! Vibrate is basically a substitute for the ringtone of the phone and since the iPad isn't a phone it makes no sense to have a vibration option in the first place

- M
    You are right, what about for the Iphone?? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
    06-10-2011 05:23 PM
    Question about Calendar notifications:

Do you need to set an alert for each event to show up in notifications/lock screen?

or.....

Are calendar notifications simply a list of your upcoming events regardless of the individual event's alert status? (hoping its this way)

Right now, all my notifications are working except ones for calendar (setup using Exchange/Google)
    06-10-2011 11:02 PM
    Question about Calendar notifications:

Do you need to set an alert for each event to show up in notifications/lock screen?

or.....

Are calendar notifications simply a list of your upcoming events regardless of the individual event's alert status? (hoping its this way)

Right now, all my notifications are working except ones for calendar (setup using Exchange/Google)
    Notifications show for things that would have a notification, so only calendar events with alarms will show (as regular calendar events don't have popups). So you had to set an alarm for it to show as a notification.
    06-11-2011 12:02 AM
    So is that only for the IPhone 4, and NOT the IPad 2? This is what the screen looks like on my IPad 2.....Attachment 9277

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk
    iPad 2 doesn't have a flash so it makes sense there is no setting for it.

Any one running iOS 5 on an iPhone 3Gs? Does the new messenger work on it? Also, any new voice recognition?
    06-11-2011 12:16 AM
    iPad 2 doesn't have a flash so it makes sense there is no setting for it.

Any one running iOS 5 on an iPhone 3Gs? Does the new messenger work on it? Also, any new voice recognition?
    Messenger works, haven't tried voice.
    06-11-2011 11:54 AM
    I have a question/concern about the notifications.
    Notification Center is a great idea however my notifications on my 3Gs are so sporatic that I'm curious about NC's true functionallity.
    Can anyone tell me if the push notifications are "pushing" any better on iOS 5 than on previous versions?
    I sometimes wont get a Facebook or email notification all day untill I actually open up the app. At that point NC will be of no use to me.
    06-11-2011 01:09 PM
    I have a question/concern about the notifications.
    Notification Center is a great idea however my notifications on my 3Gs are so sporatic that I'm curious about NC's true functionallity.
    Can anyone tell me if the push notifications are "pushing" any better on iOS 5 than on previous versions?
    I sometimes wont get a Facebook or email notification all day untill I actually open up the app. At that point NC will be of no use to me.
    In my experience so far, it appears to be about the same... and as far as FaceBook... that whole app is kind of wonky anyway...
    06-11-2011 01:16 PM
    Yeah I know lol, but overall, aside from SMS/MMS I've been pretty unhappy about push on my iPhone. It kinda made me laugh when they proudly brought up their push notification system they've built durring the WWDC Keynote lol.
    06-11-2011 01:18 PM
    I am going to install this later today and see how it goes
    06-11-2011 01:50 PM
    I am going to install this later today and see how it goes
    I wish I could lol, but I REALLY cannot afford $100 just to try out beta firmwears lol. I tried to with the "activate without a dev. account" trick but the phone is still inop as you can't activate it only bypass the activation. I'm REALLY looking forward to this fall.

I think iOS 5 will definately be a good enough improvement to hold me untill the iPhone 5/4s release.
    06-11-2011 05:25 PM
    <redacted>.
    I'd be careful about bringing this up here lol, as it's fround upon and against Apple Developer regulations.

But on that note I'm kinda sketchy about paying someone I don't know somewhere far away from me to do that lol

How are you liking it so far?
    Last edited by Alli; 06-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.
    06-11-2011 06:02 PM
    I'd be careful about bringing this up here lol, as it's fround upon and against Apple Developer regulations.

But on that note I'm kinda sketchy about paying someone I don't know somewhere far away from me to do that lol

How are you liking it so far?
    iOS 5 is great, i like the new features although it is a beta so some apps seem to crash for no apparent reason lol, one thing i would like though is the ability to have the weather show up on the lockscreen instead of just the notification center.
    06-11-2011 07:32 PM
    But on that note I'm kinda sketchy about paying someone I don't know somewhere far away from me to do that
    Find someone established on here. We are a trusty bunch. However don't go asking, that's a no no.
    06-11-2011 08:21 PM
    I've also noticed on iOS 5 that the mail app only allows you access to up to a month's worth of messages whereas in previous firmware it let u sync all messages, I hope they fix this in the next beta...
    06-11-2011 08:27 PM
    @ghostface147 Lol so I should wait till someone offers lol? Sounds like a plan

I agree rishi_tank. I like having more than just the last months emails considering I'm horrible about not creating folders in my email lol.

All in all it sounds like iOS 5 is shaping up very nicely! Can't wait to get my hands on it.

This kinda reminds me of the Blackberry Betas I used to run on my Storm lol! Only way better haha.
    rishi_tank likes this.
    06-11-2011 11:44 PM
    Something cool I just stumbled upon, I haven't seen anyone mention it yet, is in the weather app you have a "local weather" report now. So even if you're not in the city where you have the weather app set for, it'll still give you the weather report based on your current location. I thought that was a pretty cool feature.

PS - A little off topic, but I noticed on the Apple site that iOS is compatible with iPhone 3GS .. I thought that was really cool considering how they usually leave out the next to the last iPhone when they release a new iOS and how this iOS is primarily going to be for the iPhone 5. Traditionally, only the iPhone 5 and 4 would have gotten iOS 5, but it's cool they included the 3GS with this update as well.
    Last edited by JonMark; 06-12-2011 at 03:45 AM.
    06-12-2011 03:41 AM
    I don't know how to explain my question but I hope you understand. Does the notification shade follow your finger like on Android? If you've used Android then you'll know what I'm talking about. For example, lockinfo's Infoshade doesn't follow your input.
    06-12-2011 09:36 AM
    i've never tried the android version but i just did it on my device and it can be done both ways
    06-12-2011 09:42 AM
    Quick question for the beta testers ... Can you snooze a calendar alarm (or the reminders)?
    06-12-2011 10:11 AM
138 ... 3456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD