Anyone try the iOS 5 beta yet?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Loving iOS 5. Works great minus a couple bugs. Facebook messaging seems to be buggy.

I once clicked on an image in the Facebook app and i got stuck in this neverending loop of opening the image, over and over and over and over... had to restart the phone LOL but it hasn't happened again... it's almost entertaining haha

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So I bought one off of ebay for like $3...installed the beta and within like 10 minutes was on my way to going back to 4. Without everything fully functional it feels like I have to do to many things to accomplish simple tasks.

TEN minutes? Seriously? TEN minutes? What can you begin to notice about a new OS in TEN minutes?

SMH wow... To each his own, but wow...

iRooney

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
It was an exaggeration....but it was a very short time. It just seems kinda useless without all the features turned on server-side.

Buck1127

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have downloaded and installed on an iPad 2 and iPhone 4 gotta say I love the notification system and tabbed browsing although the iPhone is laggy but that is just the beta version I'm sure it will be ironed out. And also looks like the stock and weather widgets are missing on iPad

guinnkevinr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
This is day two for me now and it's still amazing. I played a lot of games last night and it was so nice not having text messages get in the way of game play and pause my session. That use to cause me to die a lot in zombieville USA.

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
i installed it two days ago and love it so far.

the battery seems to be draining a LITTLE bit faster when awake, but when asleep it does good. i lost 10% in 4hours while in pocket and 10 % while playing with it (wifi, personal hotspot, web, ect.)

lots of nice new features

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Here is a question. What about your games? If I restore to 5.0, will my backups restore my information after initial sync? If my iPhone is crap after the 5.0 update and I downgrade to 4.3.3, would my backups sync my information?

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Here is a question. What about your games? If I restore to 5.0, will my backups restore my information after initial sync? If my iPhone is crap after the 5.0 update and I downgrade to 4.3.3, would my backups sync my information?

Everything will sync except you can't use your iOS 5 backup to sync while on 4.x... but you can use your previous 4.x sync just fine! It's what I've been doing :D I would have crapped a brick if I'd lost my Tiny Wings progress...

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I had to put my phone into DFU mode to revert to 4.2.8. NOT recovery, DFU. Worked like a charm once I figured that out.

I loved iOS 5, but I'm shipping out for boot camp in two months, and I can't risk the beta bricking my phone when it expires. I won't have a laptop or computer access, so it's a non-started for me.

Sucks, I won't be able to load 5 onto the phone until October, at the earliest.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I had to put my phone into DFU mode to revert to 4.2.8. NOT recovery, DFU. Worked like a charm once I figured that out.

I loved iOS 5, but I'm shipping out for boot camp in two months, and I can't risk the beta bricking my phone when it expires. I won't have a laptop or computer access, so it's a non-started for me.

Sucks, I won't be able to load 5 onto the phone until October, at the earliest.

First of all, thanks for your military service!

As far as not being able to load iOS5 until October, I'm not sure it will be out by then... Jobs said "this fall" which could be as early as mid-September, but could be as late as mid-December...

briankeith513

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?

larsonage

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought one off eBay myself and then I get a message from them saying that the account is no longer available? I think I just got ripped off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner