iOS 5 amazing, it's alot faster!
    06-09-2011 10:32 PM
    Here is a question. What about your games? If I restore to 5.0, will my backups restore my information after initial sync? If my iPhone is crap after the 5.0 update and I downgrade to 4.3.3, would my backups sync my information?
    06-10-2011 12:40 AM
    Here is a question. What about your games? If I restore to 5.0, will my backups restore my information after initial sync? If my iPhone is crap after the 5.0 update and I downgrade to 4.3.3, would my backups sync my information?
    Everything will sync except you can't use your iOS 5 backup to sync while on 4.x... but you can use your previous 4.x sync just fine! It's what I've been doing I would have crapped a brick if I'd lost my Tiny Wings progress...
    06-10-2011 01:08 AM
    Why did you downgrade twice?
    06-10-2011 01:12 AM
    Any news on email account specific alerts or account specific email signatures in IOS 5?

Dave
    06-10-2011 03:03 AM
    I had to put my phone into DFU mode to revert to 4.2.8. NOT recovery, DFU. Worked like a charm once I figured that out.

I loved iOS 5, but I'm shipping out for boot camp in two months, and I can't risk the beta bricking my phone when it expires. I won't have a laptop or computer access, so it's a non-started for me.

Sucks, I won't be able to load 5 onto the phone until October, at the earliest.
    06-10-2011 06:57 AM
    I had to put my phone into DFU mode to revert to 4.2.8. NOT recovery, DFU. Worked like a charm once I figured that out.

I loved iOS 5, but I'm shipping out for boot camp in two months, and I can't risk the beta bricking my phone when it expires. I won't have a laptop or computer access, so it's a non-started for me.

Sucks, I won't be able to load 5 onto the phone until October, at the earliest.
    First of all, thanks for your military service!

As far as not being able to load iOS5 until October, I'm not sure it will be out by then... Jobs said "this fall" which could be as early as mid-September, but could be as late as mid-December...
    06-10-2011 10:11 AM
    I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
    06-10-2011 11:31 AM
    I bought one off eBay myself and then I get a message from them saying that the account is no longer available? I think I just got ripped off.
    06-10-2011 11:53 AM
    I bought one off eBay myself and then I get a message from them saying that the account is no longer available? I think I just got ripped off.
    You should contact him, eBay and paypal
    06-10-2011 01:02 PM
    Is that normal for eBay to shut down someone like that. He was a top rated seller that's why I bought it.
    06-10-2011 01:12 PM
    i tried it and after my ical and some other little bugs i reverted...

...waiting for the final version.
    06-10-2011 01:52 PM
    I have the ios 5 beta on my Ipad 2. I read on BGR's article "Finally, the new accessibility options Apple has included in iOS 5 are nothing short of incredible. You can enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and you can even create your own custom vibration patterns for specific contacts by tapping out patterns on the display."

How do you enable the LED flash to blink during alerts, and create custom vibrate patterns? I didn't see those options. Also, can you set the email to just vibrate, without playing the sound? And last question, can I backup and sync, without having my pc on at all?
    The setting is near the bottom of the Accessibility settings page. Settings > General > Accessibility and scroll down. Not sure how well it works or what the effect will be on battery life...
    06-10-2011 01:59 PM
    Is that normal for eBay to shut down someone like that. He was a top rated seller that's why I bought it.
    It's against Apple's Developer Terms of Service to sell developer spots, so I would not be surprised if this were the case.
    06-10-2011 10:52 PM
    I have a dev account.

The builds are beta, and as such, could potentially be feature incomplete. That said, the builds are also functional and can be used as a daily driver, as long as you understand that you cannot roll back to a previous firmware version.

I'm on the fence. I only have one iOS device at this point.

I've been running Lion for a while now, and I have to say, the dev previews are pretty solid.
    Can you please add me on your account?
    06-10-2011 11:25 PM
    Can you please add me on your account?
    Yeah you might just want to read a couple posts up on this page.
    06-11-2011 01:41 AM
    Just a friendly little note - any more threads either asking to be added, or selling spots are going to mysteriously vanish.
    06-11-2011 09:24 AM
    1) You can get iOS 5 beta 1 running without a dev account, but if you do so don't complain here.
    2) You can downgrade from 5 beta to 4.x. Learn to use Google if you want directions.
    3) Apple explicitly states to not run betas on everyday usage devices. Yes, we all know that that is some times not financially able, but Apple puts that warning out there, so when you freak out because something isn't working, don't come whining or complaining. Simply either downgrade or use Google to fix it, or inform the dev, and wait for them to fix it.

There's nothing more irritating than seeing angry posts on the dev forum directed at Apple, in regards to that they can't release stable betas, or something like that. People should figure out the definition of BETA.
    4) It is moronic to pay to have access to betas, or try to install if you are not a dev. This is also AGAINST the dev agreement. It's also against the agreement to add people to your account, just because, or for payment (xvenom89, I got your sarcasm, and am NOT directing this at you).
    06-12-2011 03:44 PM
    Love it! I just got the update a couple of days ago!
    06-21-2011 03:37 PM
    Love iOS5 except for safari crashing a ton on my iPad and some apps not working on my iPhone, but those will be fixed.
    06-21-2011 07:19 PM
    I just rolled back from the beta because I lost my Bluetooth capability in my car. I use that all the time and I just can't wait for a fix. I also found that the beta is very buggy. Calendar crashing a lot. I guess I will just wait until the fall. I have the beta on my IPad and now I can't turn on my data plan, there is a glitch. I am going to have to try to roll back on that as well.

All that said, the new features, such as the notifications and the week view on the calendar on the iPhone are great. I just need to be patient for the update to come out.
    06-23-2011 06:32 PM
    I also found that the beta is very buggy.

06-23-2011 08:19 PM
    Yeah, I almost hurt myself when I read that... aren't they supposed to be buggy? Especially beta #1... SMH
    06-23-2011 08:24 PM
    The crashes of apps didn't bother me, but losing bluetooth in my car was a surprise. I downgraded and have Bluetooth back.
    06-23-2011 08:41 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD