iOS 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I am missing something here, but IOS 5 released this fall? Why give the competition a preview or a heads up?

it does nothing for the competition because it's all stuff the competition already has that is new to only iOS or it's something the competition has already rolled out ie. Music Locker. The reason they showed it is because there was no hardware(iPhone 5) so this gets people with iPhone 4 excited and willing to stick with the hardware instead of going to the bajillions of Android devices that will be out by the release of iPhone 5.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
RIP RIM with this new IOS 5...more people will continue to flock away from RIM especially with the state of no devices coming out soon...I luv RIM alot but I truly feel they are toast...

lol people have been saying they were toast before that company even got started. So I don't know if I would count them out just yet.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
RIM still has email security features that are unique and attractive for corporate users. They will continue to serve an ever-shrinking niche.

Also, Apple releases the preview so the devs can develop for iOS 5. It ensures that when the OS is released for public consumption, all apps work and can take advantage of the new features/APIs.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
it does nothing for the competition because it's all stuff the competition already has that is new to only iOS or it's something the competition has already rolled out ie. Music Locker. The reason they showed it is because there was no hardware(iPhone 5) so this gets people with iPhone 4 excited and willing to stick with the hardware instead of going to the bajillions of Android devices that will be out by the release of iPhone 5.

An iphone 5 will be coming when iOS 5 is out of beta. Will there really be a "bajillion" android devices released in the next 3 months or so?

Apple showed off iOS 5 now because they have no choice. It has to go out in beta first.

They'll have an announcement in Aug/Sep previewing iphone 5. We won't get iOS 5 til the iphone 5 goes on sale. I also look for a few new exclusive features just for the new hardware.

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
An iphone 5 will be coming when iOS 5 is out of beta. Will there really be a "bajillion" android devices released in the next 3 months or so?
Something close to it - and the one common thread between those bajillion Androids phones is they will each have their own unique version of Android OS. :D

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yeah, hopefully that will change in the Final
__

i do love being able to access the Camera from the lockscreen and volume-up button to take a picture. i wouldn't mind if there was an option to keep the camera app on the lockscreen always

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i thought the camera icon was going to look different as well.. guess we'll see in another build

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My UDID has been registered thanks to my friends on Twitter. But many who are running it say battery life is mediocre so I have been hestitant. Maybe tonight I change my mind.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
@Garz ... I have been playing with mine all day, battery is lower than usual however it's moving down slower as well. Will know better tomorrow after a complete cycle.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
yeah, hopefully that will change in the Final
__

i do love being able to access the Camera from the lockscreen and volume-up button to take a picture. i wouldn't mind if there was an option to keep the camera app on the lockscreen always

I can take a pic with the volume button, but I don't have the option of launching the camera from the lockscreen. Is there some option that I didn't find?

Thanks

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I can take a pic with the volume button, but I don't have the option of launching the camera from the lockscreen. Is there some option that I didn't find?

Thanks

when the device is in sleep mode, or not, double tap the home button--then you will have the camera function next to your slider. pretty sweet!

Reactions: fmflex

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
@Garz ... I have been playing with mine all day, battery is lower than usual however it's moving down slower as well. Will know better tomorrow after a complete cycle.

Yeah mine dropped to 80% after 1 hour use and 1.5 hrs standby, but it's at 75% now with 2 hrs 12 min usage and 3 hrs 4 min standby LOL. I think it's just not registering it correctly, but running the same.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
mark multiple emails read

exactly how long were we able to mark multiple emails read? because i just checked and it can be done now

never had the need to before so that is why i have not noticed..

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
exactly how long were we able to mark multiple emails read? because i just checked and it can be done now

never had the need to before so that is why i have not noticed..

Since you installed iOS5... I don't think that was available before unless you had the JB app for that (think it was called "markall" or something similar).

Reactions: BLiNK

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73