iOS 5

wchsxc

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the iPhone community and was wondering how long the delay is from Apple announcing the next interation of iOS and when it is actually available for download.

Also, I have the Verizon iPhone, any prediction on how long it will take us folks to get the update or if it will be simultaneous with AT&T.

Thanks in advance.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Will be released at the same time for both devices. And they usually launch the beta for developers first. Not sure but remember is 4 taking 6 weeks I believe from the first beta to release.

Reactions: applefanboi

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If you really think that's a long time... think of it this way... RIM has been making BB's for what 15 years or more ? They are just now talking about their OS 7 .... we are talking about iOS 5 in just 5 years... be thankful apple ups their OS every year to have more features and make their product better... so consider the alternative lol

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
We may see the first beta be seeded tomorrow. Though I would not recommend anyone install it unless you have another device you can use for a full time phone.

oNly1pHone

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Do you think they would release iOS 5 before the iPhone 5? Would it not seem more likely to ship iOS 5 with the new iPhone 5 and at that same time make it available for the previous iPhone(s)? Just wondering!

Reactions: anon(4712533)

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I do think that they would release iOS 5 before iPhone 5, and that seems to be what everyone is expecting with the way Apple is talking leading up to WWDC.

Now it would seem likely to wait until the iPhone 5 for the new OS, but if that's going to be something still for down the road, then the OS release is a good idea. The iPhone 4 is still a great device.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you think they would release iOS 5 before the iPhone 5? Would it not seem more likely to ship iOS 5 with the new iPhone 5 and at that same time make it available for the previous iPhone(s)? Just wondering!

I think it's possible, but not likely. Apple will have to release new hardware to stay competitive with Android. Android is already eating up their market share at a rapid pace.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com

It is not happening. Beta will be the only thing until new hardware is released.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised you guys think iOS 5 wouldn't be released until the iPhone 5 is close to release. If the iPhone 5 (or 4S) is released by September, I'd expect iOS 5 way before. At least around the end of July.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm surprised you guys think iOS 5 wouldn't be released until the iPhone 5 is close to release. If the iPhone 5 (or 4S) is released by September, I'd expect iOS 5 way before. At least around the end of July.

Well, based upon historical facts, all new major releases are available with new hardware. Now we know Apple isn't going to release hardware until the fall and there isn't even a guarantee a beta will be available to devs today. Especially if iOS 5.0 crash logs are just now starting to be seen.

iOS beta cycles usually last 6-8 weeks.

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Hell, I'm just happy that they announced that the 3gs is going to be supported. My 3gs is almost at end of life (Jan2012) and i didn't want to wait til then to run the new IOS.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

Umm..no. Apple wouldn't waste the marketing opportunity iOS 5 will give a new device.

bellizima

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
RIP RIM with this new IOS 5...more people will continue to flock away from RIM especially with the state of no devices coming out soon...I luv RIM alot but I truly feel they are toast...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox