who's willing to give up their JB for iOS 5?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
And, of course, now we know that with iOS 5 we'll be able to customize all ringtones: calls, texts, calendar. I can't wait!!!

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
i'm doing as soon as it comes out. i figured what the hell, i'm adventurous

it will be interesting to see how long a jailbreak will be available for it, if at all..?

I usually get a new iphone with a major OS update so its not really a choice about wanting to keep a jb or not.

But i would guess if a jb comes out months later, i'd probably do so if it was worthwhile.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Now I know which thread to go through and you are all Blacklisted!!!! from my JB heart :p I will never, ever go pure I'll get my iOS 5 fix on my iPad 2 and my GF's iPhone. iOS 5 has already been JBen anyway so looks like I wont have to wait long but it's not giving me anything I wont already have on my phone now. Who cares if it's done stock or through JB, not me that's for sure lol

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
BLiNK! Yes! How is it?? Is it stable? How do your apps work? Does everything function? I might be able to scrounge up the $100 to get iOS5, and I'm sorely freaking tempted lol! Is it true that if something goes wrong we can just go back to 4.2.8 (for Verizon) as long as we save the blobs?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
how is it??--great! no problems with the download or any major bugs, yet.. so far everything i typically use my phone for has worked without an issue... so far haha

as far as downgrading i haven't seen any info out there yet but i anticipate it happening soon, like always

if i told you that you could do it for somewhere between $4-$10 would that increase your "freaking temptation"? (i did mine for $4 :D)

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
how is it??--great! no problems with the download or any major bugs, yet.. so far everything i typically use my phone for has worked without an issue... so far haha

as far as downgrading i haven't seen any info out there yet but i anticipate it happening soon, like always

if i told you that you could do it for somewhere between $4-$10 would that increase your "freaking temptation"? (i did mine for $4 :D)

Don't tease :p.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that I have to pay $100 to get the iOS5 update? Is that really true? I'm stunned, if so. Never before had to pay! Sure makes my 4.3.8 JB permanent, if so.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying that I have to pay $100 to get the iOS5 update? Is that really true? I'm stunned, if so. Never before had to pay! Sure makes my 4.3.8 JB permanent, if so.

No no no, to get the beta now you'd have to pay $100 (or do it against ToS and have someone put you on their development account for most likely cheaper). When it comes out in the fall it'll be free :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I can't imagine it will take that long to JB iOS5 for the phone.

MuscleNerd has already JBen the beta and he says the exploit will work with the final release. His JB is tethered right now but that isn't what would be released anyway so prob a week if that long.

P0stalTek

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I gave up the JB on my iPad and went to ios5 beta 1. I just couldn't do it on my iPhone. Mywi is just too handy to give up for anything short of a flawless experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
once a full untethered iOS 5 jailbreak and full iOS5 are released I will be using both. For the life of me I do not understand why we still don't have an official Brightness control slider in the task switcher. I find I need to adjust brightness more often than volume, and the fact that I have volume buttons on the side of the phone already makes the volume slider in the task switcher kind of pointless.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
once a full untethered iOS 5 jailbreak and full iOS5 are released I will be using both. For the life of me I do not understand why we still don't have an official Brightness control slider in the task switcher. I find I need to adjust brightness more often than volume, and the fact that I have volume buttons on the side of the phone already makes the volume slider in the task switcher kind of pointless.

If you are JB, check out Cydia's app SBSettings. Makes a pull down window (accessible over almost any app) with springboard & other controls right there ... Including a brightness slider.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i am pretty sure macharborguy knows about sbsettings and what it does. he is referring to the fact that Apple chose to put a volume slider in the task switcher instead of a brightness slider..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods