who's willing to give up their JB for iOS 5?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
iOS 5 is going to have to be pretty darn packed with new and exciting features in order for me to give up my jailbreak for it.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I won't be upgrading to iOS 5 until there's a reliable JB available for it. I'm still using VZW iOS 4.2.6 with Greenpois0n and I'm very happy with my Cydia apps and customizations.

I was an "early adopter" when I had my BB and I learned my lesson---I don't mind not having the "latest" as long as what I have works.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i think that's what is eating away at me--always waiting for the next JB before i can update, kind of takes away from the excitement

i am not wanting a complete overhaul as i already have came to terms with the native notifications but still using bitesms, religiously!

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have a strange felling that the iOS 5 will be a major update. New features and a tweaked UI even. (nothing major to the UI but enhancements and maybe some richer colors)

Mr.MGB

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
i would

id give up my JB. i want to see whats new. mabe apple learned from sony with their hackers and upped the security. mabe?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
yep, still doing it the day it hits. looks too good to wait on..

i do have my blobs saved (like always) but i doubt i will be downgrading

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Nope, still gotta jailbreak for any kind of theming, for widgets, for biteSMS style quickreply or quick compose, etc..

I feel most of the new features like the cloud are gimmicks and they ignored most of iOS's glaring deficiencies..:( Notifications aside..

Although the geo-location based reminders are pretty cool.,.

Last edited:

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll most likely download iOS 5 when it's released. It has everything I want, except the themes. I just might wait until there's a jb for it. Won't wait longer than a week after iOS 5 is released. I can't help but cave in. Lol.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i guess i need to clarify; i am going to iOS 5 when it is released and i am still going to jailbreak when a decent tool is released (no sn0wbreeze)

i need iFile, FullScreen for Safari, ScreenDimmer and MyWi at minimum

oh yeah, and my Pandora skip hack!

Jordanvandyke

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that would hold me back is timestamps. I jailbreak and use bitesms purely for this reason. Anyone know if the sms app in iOS 5 has timestamps for every msg??

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I can (begrudgingly) live without custom sms tones. Everything else looks fantabulistic. I cannot wait for the release!

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Nope, still gotta jailbreak for any kind of theming, for widgets, for biteSMS style quickreply or quick compose, etc..

I feel most of the new features like the cloud are gimmicks and they ignored most of iOS's glaring deficiencies..:( Notifications aside..

Although the geo-location based reminders are pretty cool.,.

What "glaring deficiencies" are you talking about? I cant seem to think of any that wont be put in ios 5. Well other thang customizible tones for sms and mail, etc.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
What "glaring deficiencies" are you talking about? I cant seem to think of any that wont be put in ios 5. Well other thang customizible tones for sms and mail, etc.
I wanna know the answer as well, because "customized tones" is not a 'glaring-deficiency'. Themes? Nope.

Not saying there aren't any, but something like notifications is something (almost) everyone could agree on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro