Will Apple release iOS 5 before iPhone 5?

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering if this would ever happen. Since I do not care about the iphone 5 or it's release date, I am just wondering if Apple would release the next-gen OS before a new phone? Or will we be sitting with 4.X till they release the next handset?

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they'll release it before the iPhone 5 comes out, I think the better question is will they release iOS 5 to the iPhone 4.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
A better question is when will the Verizon iPhone get an iOS version greater than 4.2.whatever :D

Good question! And who knows what happens once we get iOS 5?! Will AT&T and Verizon have updates on the same day and not one before the other? And will they both get iOS 5 at the same time? I think Verizon should get it first and let the AT&T people know how we felt!

eye4ni

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't think they'll release it before the iPhone 5 comes out, I think the better question is will they release iOS 5 to the iPhone 4.

I was under the impression that ip4 will get ios 5. I would be really disappointed to learn otherwise. I guess that that really depends on how good ios 5 is I guess...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
In years past, the new OS would come out a few days before the new device came out.

I was under the impression that ip4 will get ios 5. I would be really disappointed to learn otherwise. I guess that that really depends on how good ios 5 is I guess...

I can assure you iPhone 4 will have iOS 5 ;)

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
In years past, the new OS would come out a few days before the new device came out.

I can assure you iPhone 4 will have iOS 5 ;)

That's why the iPhone is so good :) why wait to get the iPhone 5 When the iPhone 4 will do everything the new one does, the only difference is that it'll look different, big deal! I love my iPhone 4!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
That's why the iPhone is so good :) why wait to get the iPhone 5 When the iPhone 4 will do everything the new one does, the only difference is that it'll look different, big deal! I love my iPhone 4!

Yes iPhone 4 is really nice. Either way, I always upgrade every year. I can always sell my old one for more than I pay for the new. Last year I sold my 32GB 3GS for $400 and paid $324 with tax for my new i4. I get a upgrade every 12 months so why not

Iphoneguy87

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I would point out that Ipad's release isn't tied to an ios, I think it's more likely that apple would change the IOS release schedule as opposed to any sort of device roll out.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Yes iPhone 4 is really nice. Either way, I always upgrade every year. I can always sell my old one for more than I pay for the new. Last year I sold my 32GB 3GS for $400 and paid $324 with tax for my new i4. I get a upgrade every 12 months so why not

Yeah, I mean if I could upgrade ever year I would too, but for those of us who can't, at least we get the new iOS.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Historically Apple releases the iOS within a week of the new hardware release.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
iOS 5 will be released directly after iPhone 5 announcement or right before iPhone 5 begins to ship. If this is Apple's new schedule then September will be an awesome month full of anticipation. New iPhone, new iPad, new iOS, new iPod. They're going to rake up during the holiday season. Pretty smart IMO. I predict Apple will have the best quarter ever oct-dec.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711