Predictions for iPhone 5 & iOS 5

dlopes90

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Right now i have the iPhone 4 and really can't wait for the next generation iPhone to come out. Here are my predictions for the next iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 Hardware:
-Same Design but instead will have aluminum back & black apple logo to match the iPad design
-5 or 8 megapixel camera
-Notification light on the home button
-Proximity Sensor will be "fully" fixed
-Bigger Speaker Grill
-iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
-Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
-More RAM and Faster Processor

iPhone 5 Software (iOS 5):
-Notification system will be better
-Mobile Me will be free
-Widgets will be implemented when you double click the home button, similar to dashboard on Mac
-Social Networking will be integrated with contacts
-The weather app will have a live icon, similar to the calendar icon
-Spotlight Search will allow searching in Google Maps
-Voice control will be system wide in text fields
-You will have your own login account when your turn on your iOS device. This would be beneficial for the iPad because if you have multiple people using your iPad you can have each account with it's own settings, saved games, and apps.
-You will be able to delete each individual call history. Right now you only have the option to delete your whole call log.
-Game Center will be updated so all your games will be synced to each iOS device so this way you don't have to start all over in a game on another device you can just pick up where you left off.
-Photo Booth, iWorks, iPhoto will be announced for iPad 2 and iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPod 4th Gen.
-iPhoto will allow for basic photo editing
-Photo Booth will allow for live video & picture effects with the front facing camera.
-Camera app will be updated to support live picture effects on video & pictures.
-Text Messaging app will allow the option to show each individual time & date reports.

These are my predictions of what the future of iPhone and iOS 5 will be. All these things might not be implemented in the next generation but I think somewhere down the road we will see a lot of these features on future iOS devices.

Let me know what you think in the comments....or let me know what other predictions or hopes you might have.

Thanks,
Dominick

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Right now i have the iPhone 4 and really can't wait for the next generation iPhone to come out. Here are my predictions for the next iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 Hardware:
-Same Design but instead will have aluminum back & black apple logo to match the iPad design
-5 or 8 megapixel camera
-Notification light on the home button
-Proximity Sensor will be "fully" fixed
-Bigger Speaker Grill
-iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
-Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
-More RAM and Faster Processor

iPhone 5 Software (iOS 5):
-Notification system will be better
-Mobile Me will be free
-Widgets will be implemented when you double click the home button, similar to dashboard on Mac
-Social Networking will be integrated with contacts
-The weather app will have a live icon, similar to the calendar icon
-Spotlight Search will allow searching in Google Maps
-Voice control will be system wide in text fields
-You will have your own login account when your turn on your iOS device. This would be beneficial for the iPad because if you have multiple people using your iPad you can have each account with it's own settings, saved games, and apps.
-You will be able to delete each individual call history. Right now you only have the option to delete your whole call log.
-Game Center will be updated so all your games will be synced to each iOS device so this way you don't have to start all over in a game on another device you can just pick up where you left off.
-Photo Booth, iWorks, iPhoto will be announced for iPad 2 and iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPod 4th Gen.
-iPhoto will allow for basic photo editing
-Photo Booth will allow for live video & picture effects with the front facing camera.
-Camera app will be updated to support live picture effects on video & pictures.
-Text Messaging app will allow the option to show each individual time & date reports.

These are my predictions of what the future of iPhone and iOS 5 will be. All these things might not be implemented in the next generation but I think somewhere down the road we will see a lot of these features on future iOS devices.

Let me know what you think in the comments....or let me know what other predictions or hopes you might have.

Thanks,
Dominick

LOVE your ideas. The only thing I would add would be a 4" Display. I don't care if it's a retina display or not, but I want a bigger screen!!! Here's to hoping your ideas turn out to be realities.

Reactions: dlopes90

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
LOVE your ideas. The only thing I would add would be a 4" Display. I don't care if it's a retina display or not, but I want a bigger screen!!! Here's to hoping your ideas turn out to be realities.

going away from anything less than a retina display quality that would be a major Fail, imo

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I doubt that Apple will bump the screen size to 4'', for one or two reasons. First, from an ergonomics standpoint, 3.5'' is a good size for the average human hand. Apple is a slave to Industrial Design, and won't change something unless it is a) aesthetically pleasing and b) functional.

Unless they can keep the Pixel Density the same, I doubt they will do that. All a bigger screen does is "blow up" what is on there, if it is the same resolution. There is no real net gain at that point.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I doubt they go bigger screen as well... would use more battery as well as all the other facts that have been previously stated

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I doubt that Apple will bump the screen size to 4'', for one or two reasons. First, from an ergonomics standpoint, 3.5'' is a good size for the average human hand. Apple is a slave to Industrial Design, and won't change something unless it is a) aesthetically pleasing and b) functional.

Unless they can keep the Pixel Density the same, I doubt they will do that. All a bigger screen does is "blow up" what is on there, if it is the same resolution. There is no real net gain at that point.

To complete with Android phones. Android is growing and there are people who love the large screen. Large screen = more content.

Plus if anyone could do it right, it would be Apple. Not to menton if they do come out with a 4" phone Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo on it.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
My main hope for iPhone5 is an 8MP camera, and a better front-facing camera, just a better camera situation. The size for me is big enough--bigger than I typically even would be happy with.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
To complete with Android phones. Android is growing and there are people who love the large screen. Large screen = more content.

Plus if anyone could do it right, it would be Apple. Not to menton if they do come out with a 4" phone Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo on it.

I agree that if anyone could do it right it is Apple. But Apple has never been one to do something just because they can do it.

Larger screen at same pixels? Does not = more content.

Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo? I waited nearly 4 years for my first iPhone. Because the network mattered to me.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I agree that if anyone could do it right it is Apple. But Apple has never been one to do something just because they can do it.

Larger screen at same pixels? Does not = more content.

Apple fans will buy it because it has an Apple logo? I waited nearly 4 years for my first iPhone. Because the network mattered to me.

You'd be surprised at what Apple can do. Its not like the iPhone just came out, its been out for a few years and I'm sure with in the last two or even one that there were talks or even internal testing of a large phone

and maybe not you, but a lot of other apple fans will go out and buy the iPhone "HD" because it has an apple logo on it and that jobs will say "its the best thing ever"

anon(4714309)

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My main hope for iPhone5 is an 8MP camera, and a better front-facing camera, just a better camera situation. The size for me is big enough--bigger than I typically even would be happy with.

100% agree. It just looks a tad better because of the retina display, which btw is amazing. but really it's like a 2MP camera in there

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Im guessing iOS 5 that there will be Facetime on 3G since we can do it on Skype and other phones on the market can. Must stay competitive

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, if they don't change the screen, then it's going to look like the same phone forever. I like my iphone, but honestly I love using my friend's evo. Granted, the screen kind of looks like a poo smear compared to the retina display, but I love not having to constantly pan around when I use the web, and I like how I can see a lot more twitter, facebook, and instagram posts without having to scroll.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I would add would be a 4" Display. I don't care if it's a retina display or not, but I want a bigger screen!!!

Here ya go! Here's your 4" screen mock up without a Home button, since that's the latest rumor. We can even make it smaller but wider. ;)
iPhone5-4inchmockup.jpg

Last edited:

msm0511

Trusted Member
May 6, 2009
twitter.com
Please no notification light! I hate them! I do agree that iOS will get a better notification system (finally). I'm not sure about the 4 inch screen though. To keep the retina display they would have to up the pixel density. Also every single app in the app store would have to be re-worked to fit the larger screen size. Since the 4 only upped the pixel density, developers didn't have to change anything if they didn't want to. They had the option to update to show the new pixel density, but I have many apps that did not update for the retina display.

iPhoneGleek

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Oh yeah those would be great! Id absolutely love the photobooth for iphone, with a better quality front facing camera. Id sell my ip4 in a heartbeat for it.

moneymike47

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Im guessing iOS 5 that there will be Facetime on 3G since we can do it on Skype and other phones on the market can. Must stay competitive

I agree with that, and i also think that the processor will be faster with more RAM, maybe around 720, like competitors, or more. And possibly even a dual core processor. I just hope that when i buy the iPhone 4, that i will be able to sell it for the iPhone 5

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, if they don't change the screen, then it's going to look like the same phone forever. I like my iphone, but honestly I love using my friend's evo. Granted, the screen kind of looks like a poo smear compared to the retina display, but I love not having to constantly pan around when I use the web, and I like how I can see a lot more twitter, facebook, and instagram posts without having to scroll.

I love how you say it looks like a poo smear but you would still rather use it over retina because of the size lol.

I'm sure they wont do 4" this time around unless it's retina. People were clamoring for Retina Display on iPad 2 and with the big leap they wont go backward on a new model. iOS 5 needs Lockinfo smushed together with biteSMS as the notification system. The ability to save files on the web just like you save images and then it syncs over to your computer when connected. The ability to browse your albums to upload pictures to sites right from the device. The ability to forward calls and notifications to your iPad from the phone to rival HP's whatever it's called. The iPhone 5, faster processor, more storage, better battery life because everyone always wants better battery life.