Although the iPhone had inspired breakthroughs in technology, user experience and industrial design, it remains a slave to dated technologies, retail price points that inhibit innovation as well as ergonomics that fail. Let's dream a bit about what the next generation iPhone could be. I have attempted to take a stab at a new industrial design at trapezoid.co/flexy.html. Thanks in advance for your feedback!
    04-04-2011 07:38 PM
    Hardware
    Screen- 3.5" retina display. This is the iPhone screen size. No bigger, no smaller. Period.
    Design- iPhone 4 with metal backing. It will still have the home button. NO notification lights. White iPhone will truly be released at the same time.
    Processor- A5 processor.
    RAM- more than the iPhone 4
    HD- bigger capacities than iPhone 4
    Camera- +1-2MP improvement
    Cellular network- CDMA/GSM... NO LTE. It's too early
    NFC? HELL NO!

Software
    Different notification system
    Mobile Me will be another feature like visual voicemail- $2.99/month @ some price point that will lead to rapid consumer adaptation.
    iOS 5- no widgets a la android, same grid of icons, but the icons will be something inbetween the iOS notification (number in the upper right hand corner of the icon and an Android widget). So the weather icon will display the temp. And not be the full blown HTC sense widget.
    Further adaptation of OS X media apps- photo booth, improved iMovie, etc.
    Further intergration of Mac, iPad, Apple TV, with the iPhone. If you have any other Apple device, the iPhone will be a tempting option over an Android phone.

All in all, it will adopt the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" upgrade path. A gentle refresh. Apple will not rock the boat with the iPhone 5.

...and one more thing- an iPhone nano or another iPhone to add the the lineup. And it will be on Sprint & T-mobile. The expansion of the iPhone lineup and availability of the iPhone on all the networks in America will be the real big news.
    04-04-2011 08:12 PM
    Verizon probably requested that as a rue to make more money; very smart business move in my mind...

In regards to the thread, dont change the size I already make fun of friends with droids saying they need a backpack to carry their phones.... Saying the iPad is smaller etc.

and see thats where the "if you don';t own android, then you don't own android comes in to play. 4" phones are only .5 inches more then the iphone. they are not that big. A backpack would be more of a 15" ipad. Problem is once you are drawn in to a cult like status you are tired to one thing and one thing only.

Hardware
    Screen- 3.5" retina display. This is the iPhone screen size. No bigger, no smaller. Period.
    They said the same about the ipods. When the iPod video came out in 2005 the screen was larger. When the 6th gen nano came out. We were set on 2.5" screens. T

Cellular network- CDMA/GSM... NO LTE. It's too early
    Not for 28 markets. LTE ready maybe
    '
    NFC? HELL NO!
    it may be there for those who want it, but its just a gimmick in my opinion. I'll be sticking with my plastic.

And not be the full blown HTC sense widget.
    Widgets can be disabled. Yeah. Shocking right?
    Further adaptation of OS X media apps- photo booth, improved iMovie, etc.
    Further intergration of Mac, iPad, Apple TV, with the iPhone. If you have any other Apple device, the iPhone will be a tempting option over an Android phone.

All in all, it will adopt the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" upgrade path. A gentle refresh. Apple will not rock the boat with the iPhone 5.
    Well the last update was pretty big so you may be right, but with the rumors of a 4" phone to LTE to a fall launch this may be a major update. Change is good. If they kept the same design and same features you'll be complaining for them to change it.

...and one more thing- an iPhone nano or another iPhone to add the the lineup. And it will be on Sprint & T-mobile. The expansion of the iPhone lineup and availability of the iPhone on all the networks in America will be the real big news.[/QUOTE]

Sprint and T mobile's network won't be able to handle it. They should just make an unlocked verison.
    04-05-2011 12:01 AM
78 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD