Right now i have the iPhone 4 and really can't wait for the next generation iPhone to come out. Here are my predictions for the next iPhone 5.

iPhone 5 Hardware:
    -Same Design but instead will have aluminum back & black apple logo to match the iPad design
    -5 or 8 megapixel camera
    -Notification light on the home button
    -Proximity Sensor will be "fully" fixed
    -Bigger Speaker Grill
    -iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
    -Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
    -More RAM and Faster Processor

iPhone 5 Software (iOS 5):
    -Notification system will be better
    -Mobile Me will be free
    -Widgets will be implemented when you double click the home button, similar to dashboard on Mac
    -Social Networking will be integrated with contacts
    -The weather app will have a live icon, similar to the calendar icon
    -Spotlight Search will allow searching in Google Maps
    -Voice control will be system wide in text fields
    -You will have your own login account when your turn on your iOS device. This would be beneficial for the iPad because if you have multiple people using your iPad you can have each account with it's own settings, saved games, and apps.
    -You will be able to delete each individual call history. Right now you only have the option to delete your whole call log.
    -Game Center will be updated so all your games will be synced to each iOS device so this way you don't have to start all over in a game on another device you can just pick up where you left off.
    -Photo Booth, iWorks, iPhoto will be announced for iPad 2 and iPhone 4, iPhone 5, and iPod 4th Gen.
    -iPhoto will allow for basic photo editing
    -Photo Booth will allow for live video & picture effects with the front facing camera.
    -Camera app will be updated to support live picture effects on video & pictures.
    -Text Messaging app will allow the option to show each individual time & date reports.

These are my predictions of what the future of iPhone and iOS 5 will be. All these things might not be implemented in the next generation but I think somewhere down the road we will see a lot of these features on future iOS devices.

Let me know what you think in the comments....or let me know what other predictions or hopes you might have.

Thanks,
    Dominick

I like a lot of your ideas , Especially for the hardware. However, a long with a bigger speaker grill, i hope they make it louder and reposition the speaker because there will probably be more interference.

Log in account I see more so with iPad only because the iPhone is a phone , its suppose to be more personal than a computer. iPad is like a minivan and a iPhone is like a coupe =] occasionally a friend comes a long...

I like the light in the home button. If Apple can find a LED that is extremely efficient then they may do it.

Rene stole of these ideas for his article lol ...

edit: He also spoke about a notification widget that will show up when you double press the home bottom for multitasking, that would be a dream. Less intrusive message alerts. I mentioned that the top bar can expand to 2x it's size and can definitely temporarily be a place to preview messages ( if the phone isn't in a full screen game mode )

Usually every year I make a list of things Apple can do to improve the following iPhone but I gave up. I know I want AirDrop an File manager.
    Last edited by OmariJames; 03-01-2011 at 10:36 PM.
    03-01-2011 10:33 PM
    After seeing what the iPad2 is, I have this feeling that the iPhone5 will be coming later in the year. I would agree that it would be a 4G phone on both networks if it comes out at the end of summer or sometime in fall. This would allow Apple time to see how the 4G networks work and would come across nicer to the new VZ iPhone customers. The way I see it, Apple knows they have the upper hand and probably has the most perfect device already made, but they are just stringing everyone along to keep us upgrading. Until the other competing devices start upping the ante or until a redesign is needed, Apple will cruise along with small upgrades to the iPhones.
    03-02-2011 04:41 PM
    After seeing what the iPad2 is, I have this feeling that the iPhone5 will be coming later in the year. I would agree that it would be a 4G phone on both networks if it comes out at the end of summer or sometime in fall. This would allow Apple time to see how the 4G networks work and would come across nicer to the new VZ iPhone customers. The way I see it, Apple knows they have the upper hand and probably has the most perfect device already made, but they are just stringing everyone along to keep us upgrading. Until the other competing devices start upping the ante or until a redesign is needed, Apple will cruise along with small upgrades to the iPhones.
    The most common time frame that i saw for the iPhone 5 was in June or July. So i doubt it will come much later than that. Now i think that if it does come out in June or July, it won't be a 4g phone purely because 4g isn't available in alot of places. However, if they really really want an iPhone that works off 4g, then they may wait a little bit longer to release it like around the fall. (by then 4g will be more available)
    03-02-2011 04:56 PM
    on the next ios i would like themes possible without a jailbreak, the ability to put a signiture in your sms like in email...and an app that would scratch my a** for me would be nice but its not a deal breaker
    Personally feel text message signatures are for 15 year old girls. I don't need a signature to let people know who I'm texting. I don't usually text people who aren't in my contacts list.
    03-02-2011 05:45 PM
    The most common time frame that i saw for the iPhone 5 was in June or July. So i doubt it will come much later than that. Now i think that if it does come out in June or July, it won't be a 4g phone purely because 4g isn't available in alot of places. However, if they really really want an iPhone that works off 4g, then they may wait a little bit longer to release it like around the fall. (by then 4g will be more available)
    I could see this as a possibility, too. If not a 4G phone, then just some slight incremental changes. Apple knows that even though the iPhone isn't 4G, there is still enough demands for it. At this point, I think consumers value the coolness, ease of use, usefulness, & fun factor of the iPhone over speed of data.
    03-02-2011 07:14 PM
    -Improved notifications
    -Ability in organize photos
    -Ability to video record in widescreen while holding the phone in any position
    -pop up text reply
    - ringer profiles
    -rotating springboard
    -better auto correct
    -wifi sync with iTunes
    - faster access to toggle radio features
    03-03-2011 03:43 AM
    As of right now, the new iPhone is scheduled to launch the same time as it has in previous years. It's not going to be late summer or anything. It'll release in mid-to late June. Expect lots of NFC goodness as well. And different than other manufacturers have tried to date, we're talking about Apple here. And LTE is too immature for Apple currently. Wouldn't expect a 4G iPhone until next year.
    Garz likes this.
    03-03-2011 08:53 PM
    I don't think they'll change the size or shape, however I do believe they'll change the GSM version so the volume keys and silent switch are in the same place as the CDMA version so all cases fit all iPhones!
    03-06-2011 02:36 PM
    Personally feel text message signatures are for 15 year old girls. I don't need a signature to let people know who I'm texting. I don't usually text people who aren't in my contacts list.
    I completely agree with that.

Themes would be nice, but that would add quite a bit of bulk to an already huge Apple Store.

I think the option for a less intrusive alert is great, as well.

I definitely think the AT&T version should have LTE capable. I could see where Verizon might not because their 3G network is so drastically different than LTE. Though, doing one LTE and not the other might really make people angry. But if you released the AT&T one in the summer and the Verizon one in the winter. Then they could release both of them as LTE.
    03-06-2011 05:19 PM
    The look, size, screen etc is perfect. Only thing to add are some of the apps and advantages that are available in the Jailbreak. I would rather not jailbreak (too exhausting) and have those customizations available.
    03-06-2011 07:39 PM
    I think that the one soon to be released will have minimal upgrades to it. Most of these will be available with a software update. I think the IP6 will be the greatly improved and sought after device...which will release 2012 or '13..imo.
    03-06-2011 11:13 PM
    I think that the one soon to be released will have minimal upgrades to it. Most of these will be available with a software update. I think the IP6 will be the greatly improved and sought after device...which will release 2012 or '13..imo.
    I think it's going to be dual core. I don't consider that a minimal update.
    03-06-2011 11:41 PM
    I want more landscape support. Sideways home screen please! Make it so the icons just rotate in place 90 degrees. That would be sweet!
    03-06-2011 11:47 PM
    I want more landscape support. Sideways home screen please! Make it so the icons just rotate in place 90 degrees. That would be sweet!
    Yeah, but the problem is you can't without changing the layout completely. The text gets too close to the icons below, it's been done on jailbreak and it just looks horrible. If Apple can figure out a great way to do it, I think it would be awesome. Especially now that they have the orientation lock feature.
    03-06-2011 11:54 PM
    Obviously it appears the biggest need from the majority of responses is a better notification system. To that I couldn't agree more. I would also like widgets but for some reason I don't think we'll be seeing them in iOS 5 but I would at least like to see more voice commands (i.e. bluetooth on/off or wifi on/off) right now it is a pain to switch bluetooth on and off.

Now who doesn't want a faster phone with more memory but I have NEVER once thought to myself that I wish this phone was faster. Just give me an improved notification system, LED light, widgets and/or more voice commands and LTE/HSPA+ with a longer battery and I'll be a happy camper.
    03-07-2011 12:21 AM
    Obviously it appears the biggest need from the majority of responses is a better notification system. To that I couldn't agree more. I would also like widgets but for some reason I don't think we'll be seeing them in iOS 5 but I would at least like to see more voice commands (i.e. bluetooth on/off or wifi on/off) right now it is a pain to switch bluetooth on and off.

Now who doesn't want a faster phone with more memory but I have NEVER once thought to myself that I wish this phone was faster. Just give me an improved notification system, LED light, widgets and/or more voice commands and LTE/HSPA+ with a longer battery and I'll be a happy camper.
    I have, every time I fire up fruit ninja or little wings with my iPod playing it's jumpy unless I manually close any other recently-opened apps.
    03-07-2011 02:00 AM
    I have, every time I fire up fruit ninja or little wings with my iPod playing it's jumpy unless I manually close any other recently-opened apps.
    Are you jailbroken? I can be downloading apps, listening to streaming music via bluetooth and playing games like fruit ninja or angry birds without issue.

You might want to bring your iPhone back to Apple for it to be looked at.

BTW, I never close apps but occasionally I'll soft reboot my phone just because and not because it's running slow.
    03-07-2011 08:44 PM
    iPhone 5 Hardware:
    -Same Design
    -8 megapixel camera, 1080p recording.
    -iPhone antenna design will be the same for both Verizon and AT&T except SIM card slot will be added for the AT&T version.
    -Will be available in 32GB and 64GB
    -iPad's Processor and RAM
    -4" Retina Display
    -NFC
    -Some kind of coating over the metal band, masking the "antenna-gate issue."

-MAYBE, just MAYBE, 4G speeds

(my realistic predictions at least)
    03-25-2011 01:20 PM
    - design might be different
    - there won't be 1080p. There's no real point, and 8MP is also pointless unless they increase the sensor size again.
    - 64GB might still not happen.
    - it will have the iPad's processor, but possibly more RAM like we saw this year.
    - if it's 4" it wont be over 300ppi anymore, so it won't be a "retina display". They could go to 3.8" but they won't make the device any bigger so 4" isn't going to happen.
    - recent news indicates apple is not interested in NFC as not enough retailers support it yet.
    - we can only hope they get their heads out of their asses and fix the antenna. It's not a big issue for me, but it's still annoying that in some places my pinky drops a call.
    - it will probably have HSPA+, but not 4G LTE.
    03-25-2011 01:48 PM
    I completely agree with that.

Themes would be nice, but that would add quite a bit of bulk to an already huge Apple Store.

I think the option for a less intrusive alert is great, as well.

I definitely think the AT&T version should have LTE capable. I could see where Verizon might not because their 3G network is so drastically different than LTE. Though, doing one LTE and not the other might really make people angry. But if you released the AT&T one in the summer and the Verizon one in the winter. Then they could release both of them as LTE.
    What? This makes no sense. At&t has no LTE network yet do why would they release a LTE iPhone this summer for At&t and wait for Verizon? Thats just a little backwards. If anything just make a HSPA+ for At&t and give them a LTE one next year.

Anyways I would want
    -4"screen screen, screw Retina Display
    -More RAM
    -A5 Chip
    -Better Notifications
    -Better use of the lock screen
    -Google maps navigation
    -32 & 64 GB Options
    -Wireless iTunes compatibility
    -LTE
    -MobileMe music locker
    04-03-2011 10:49 PM
    LTE Ready perhaps?

it wont have the death grip

04-04-2011 12:52 AM
    I just hope they fix notifications. As well as more storage would be useful.
    04-04-2011 01:09 AM
    I don't think they'll change the size or shape, however I do believe they'll change the GSM version so the volume keys and silent switch are in the same place as the CDMA version so all cases fit all iPhones!
    Verizon probably requested that as a rue to make more money; very smart business move in my mind...

In regards to the thread, dont change the size I already make fun of friends with droids saying they need a backpack to carry their phones.... Saying the iPad is smaller etc.

They could potentially release a 4g iPhone even without major capability because it can still use the current 3G then use 4g where available....

Tapa talking that shizzzzzzz
    04-04-2011 03:00 AM
    Verizon probably requested that as a rue to make more money; very smart business move in my mind...
    I guarantee you that's not why. Apple isn't gonna redesign their hardware just cause a carrier asks them. If any thing the carriers give into what Apple wants, not the other way around.
    04-04-2011 03:38 AM
    For hardware, I'd like to see dual core, 64GB, reception issues resolved and the home being made touch. I'm not bothered about larger screen unless the resolution increased with it, iPhone 4 may not be the largest screen but it's still got the highest resolution.

IOS 5? Needs to have better camera control and better bluetooth utilisation. I don't know of any other phone that can't bluetooth a picture to another phone. Serious work needs to be done with the camera roll and photo album. Need iTunes to create, modify and delete albums? Come on.

Would be great to have built in security settings too. We all have pics and videos we want to keep private. Yes, you can buy apps for this but it would be better built in.

Better integration between IOS and apps would be perfect. Netportal, Quickoffice, Dropbox, Bump etc, all able to fully integrate with each other and IOS. Maybe that can all be done now, I'm not sure.

Having moved from Nokia 95 8GB last November, I'm not sure what the fuss is all about with notifications?

One thing that also needs to be done is the iTunes application for the desktop. It needs to include methods to control the iPhone's calender, phonebook and so on. Synchronisation is also confusing, I've had my apps dissapear, icons moved to different screens ..... Something that works similar to Nokia's PC Suite.

Connectivity to iTunes via wifi.

Lastly, cut the cord between iPhone and iTunes. I'd prefer not to need to have a desktop to use my phone.
    04-04-2011 03:14 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD