More memory
    Faster speed
    Lockinfo built into OS
    bigger folders for apps (ipad has 20)
    Ability to close all apps at once
    Better app switching
    Better notifications
    Memory/speed - agreed. Likely a given
    Lockinfo - something like it, or webOS's "exhibition" mode.
    Bigger folders - no issue. Nice to have.
    Close all apps - I doubt this happens. The philosophy of how iOS multitasks is that you never need to close an app. The system will manage it. I rarely close an app unless something is funky.
    Notifications? Yes please. I think this is as certain as anything can be. They hired the "man behind" the webOS notifications. Take those and Apple-ify them and we have a winner.
    02-23-2011 12:55 PM
    @dlopes90 I love your ideas! Better notification system and widgets are most important to me.
    Not sure how I feel about widgets, but more active/live icons (clock, weather, compass for a few) YES!
    02-23-2011 12:58 PM
    Not sure how I feel about widgets, but more active/live icons (clock, weather, compass for a few) YES!
    Why don't you like widgets? Anything in particular you have in mind?
    02-24-2011 02:28 AM
    Why don't you like widgets? Anything in particular you have in mind?
    I think of when Dashboard was introduced in OS X. I downloaded and had "active" so many widgets. This was when my Internet connection was in the 1 - 1.5 Mbps range. Well, as I added widgets, all pulling it's own little bit of information, it would take forever for dashboard to render. And each widget was useful, but mostly a novelty. When I look at what widgets I have now on my dashboard? Ink level monitor, countdown to vacation, and a sticky with a reminder. I even dropped status pro when I moved from a PowerBook back to an iMac.

I wouldn't be opposed to them being an option, but I would want the ability to turn then off. I just don't see me using them.
    02-24-2011 06:13 AM
    The issue with widgets comes from their affect on battery life and data usage. The only way I could see Apple adding widgets is if they can reduce the load to battery.

Apple has never been one to do something because it's done by a competitor. If anything, it seems to make Steve Jobs want to be even more different.
    02-24-2011 07:30 AM
    The issue with widgets comes from their affect on battery life and data usage. The only way I could see Apple adding widgets is if they can reduce the load to battery.

Apple has never been one to do something because it's done by a competitor. If anything, it seems to make Steve Jobs want to be even more different.
    Completely agree. It is that difference that makes them who they are. They don't do something just because they can, they do things when they can do them well.
    02-24-2011 08:00 AM
    Completely agree. It is that difference that makes them who they are. They don't do something just because they can, they do things when they can do them well.
    Good point. I just think that widgets would come in handy for social networking purposes, weather, and and anything else that would be useful to just take a glance at
    02-24-2011 03:43 PM
    Good point. I just think that widgets would come in handy for social networking purposes, weather, and and anything else that would be useful to just take a glance at
    I agree. I think the weather, clock, etc should be live icons like the calendar. Social networking, email, etc I think are better suited to notifications. I think if iOS had a better notification system (along the webOS lines), the combo of the red badges and the notifications (improved) would solve the issue.
    02-24-2011 04:03 PM
    and thats sort of the reason why android is gaining market share. People want the new tech NOW, not five or ten years from now. (by then something else will be out, and Apple will even more far behind) They just want something that works, and is not gimikky or has a shinny sliver logo on it.
    Last edited by ChrisGonzales90; 02-24-2011 at 07:54 PM.
    02-24-2011 07:51 PM
    and thats sort of the reason why android is gaining market share. People want the new tech NOW, not five or ten years from now. (by then something else will be out, and Apple will even more far behind) They just want something that works, and is not gimikky or has a shinny sliver logo on it.
    FIVE OR TEN YEARS?!?! Really? So I guess the blackberry like android OS google was developing while Schmidt was on the Apple board was the type of innovation Apple was behind the curve on? I am glad android is around. It will push all OS platforms ahead.

Oh, and a very small percentage of people buy every new phone that comes out. Most stick to the new every two cycle.
    02-24-2011 08:19 PM
    I agree. I think the weather, clock, etc should be live icons like the calendar. Social networking, email, etc I think are better suited to notifications. I think if iOS had a better notification system (along the webOS lines), the combo of the red badges and the notifications (improved) would solve the issue.
    Yeah live icons and a better notification system would be amazing!
    02-24-2011 10:14 PM
    FIVE OR TEN YEARS?!?! Really? So I guess the blackberry like android OS google was developing while Schmidt was on the Apple board was the type of innovation Apple was behind the curve on? I am glad android is around. It will push all OS platforms ahead.

Oh, and a very small percentage of people buy every new phone that comes out. Most stick to the new every two cycle.
    Well RIM dug their own grave from the start. Android is around for a number of reasons, but mostly because there is room for competition. Yes android is "fragmented" but one part of that is choice. Want a keyboard smart phone, but don't want RIM? you have a choice.

as for the very small percentage of people who buy every new model, for me, I only buy if it offers more then what I can do now.

Yeah live icons and a better notification system would be amazing!
    Live icons is sort of like live wallpaper. Battery drainage.
    02-24-2011 10:23 PM
    I don't know why people think widgets would affect battery life considering they don't on a Jailbroken iphone. I don't think I could stand looking at that weather icon anymore that's been stuck on 73 degrees and sunny for another year, Apple needs to do something.
    02-25-2011 06:34 AM
    Hi,

I think 5MP is enough but the pb is still that they won't pay more than 3$ for the CCD lens, thus having a crappy pic quality in low light conditions...
    02-25-2011 06:54 AM
    I don't know why people think widgets would affect battery life considering they don't on a Jailbroken iphone. I don't think I could stand looking at that weather icon anymore that's been stuck on 73 degrees and sunny for another year, Apple needs to do something.
    I agree. I don't think live icons or widgets will affect live that much...
    02-25-2011 07:54 AM
    I agree. I don't think live icons or widgets will affect live that much...
    I'd trade a few minutes a battery life for something like this, makes Apple's weather icon look like something made by a cave man. This is from the new LG Optimus 2x.
    02-25-2011 08:22 AM
    I say it will be strong, faster, and more agile than before.
    02-25-2011 09:05 AM
    I wish Apple would make Spotlight on iOS more useful. Maybe add WebOS Just Type like features. I think it would be cool to be able to have Just Type on my iPhone in some form.

Sorry for poor video quality, it was the only vid I could really find that focused on just type.
    02-28-2011 03:41 AM
    More voice integration? I know voice is in there, but right now it lacks many things that android already has.
    02-28-2011 07:56 PM
    I'd like to see a larger screen, homescreen widgets and at least a 2mp front facing camera.
    02-28-2011 08:00 PM
    I wish Apple would make Spotlight on iOS more useful. Maybe add WebOS Just Type like features. I think it would be cool to be able to have Just Type on my iPhone in some form.

Sorry for poor video quality, it was the only vid I could really find that focused on just type.
    I dont think that would be as useful (for the lack of a better word) sure i can see how it could be done but ehh i dont think itd be uttilized well with the all touch screen UI of the iphone.
    02-28-2011 08:04 PM
    To be honest, if they make the screen bigger I'd stick with my iP4 as long as I could. One of the major selling points of the phone to me personally is that it isn't huge like some of the android offerings.

I have an iPad if the screen size is needed, I'd much prefer my phone to be small enough to keep it's great portability that a cell phone should have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-28-2011 08:12 PM
    on the next ios i would like themes possible without a jailbreak, the ability to put a signiture in your sms like in email...and an app that would scratch my a** for me would be nice but its not a deal breaker
    03-01-2011 12:55 AM
    I haven't jailbroken my phone yet but if I don't like what I hear for iOS 5 I'm considering it..
    03-01-2011 02:45 AM
    I think the most important aspect that everyone has missed thus far, as far as predictions go, is the price! I couldn't find one comment on here about price! I saw a few places that it may go for about 500$ for a 64gb model. I guess depending on how much memory the different models are, will depend on the price. Also, depending on the other features will determine the price.
    03-01-2011 03:57 PM
78 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD