IOS 5 wish

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Good call man. This thread is starting to suck and has gone way off topic.

Agreed...sucks when someone who doesn't even own an iPhone derails what could have been a pretty good discussion about the differences between iOS and other systems and what pieces of those other systems would be good/bad in a future iOS update...

vhs

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
SMS text messaging

In the SMS messaging app I hope they move the Send button further away from the keyboard. I often go to hit a P and find myself sending the message so far - textus interruptus.

Viv

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In the SMS messaging app I hope they move the Send button further away from the keyboard. I often go to hit a P and find myself sending the message so far - textus interruptus.

Viv

You know, i never really put alot of thought into this issue, but i kind of agree...i've done it several times, basically fat fingering the send button when im trying to hit one of the top letters...maybe just a slight raise up (maybe not even noticeable by eye) would prevent the accidental pressing. Good call on that...

Nycegye

Dec 23, 2010
www.facebook.com
I'm hoping that Iphone and AT&T will reach an agreement to A: Not have a cap for the usage on the Internet, B. Become better with Verizon and create a self Hot Spot C. Do everything humanely possible...yea I mean cook and clean my house :)

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Clearly iOS is the most successful OS out there, which is evidenced by their sales and customer satisfaction, app revenue, number of users on android and blackberry who want an iPhone, etc...

There's no reason for Apple to believe they need a complete overhaul. But I have a feeling they will do something drastic some time soon just because they feel like it.
Agree. "if it ain't broke, do not fix it."

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Man I love it when people say this. shows they are really scared of change. I'll say that the next time you post regarding something new you want or got

Scared of change? How about the idea that changing the iOS with features the other phones have is a dumb idea? That people prefer iOS because its laid out cleanly, simply and without the clutter? Or how about the idea that it has nothing to do with being "SCARED" of change and a simple fact that people DONT WANT the change...

It's like the Porsche 911...it kept a tried and true design for decades, only changing slight pieces to bring a modern look to the original design...then 1999, they created the 996 platform, they changed things radically, they took the pieces of the original design and changed pronounced features and people went NUTS...they hated it, the sales dropped like a rock, people were so bent out of shape about it that it was coined "Anti-Porsche"...then, 5 years later, the 997 platform was brought to the eyes of the public, it brought back the unique factors the modern day designers wanted, but it also went back to the original basics...and people praised Porsche, the sales went back up, and they have continued that design to this day...

Your idea of being "scared of change" as you labeled it is obviously the idea of someone who has never owned an iPhone...which you havent. Its the approach of someone who has a phone that doesnt run iOS, who has grown ok with the clutter and likes the cheesy gimmicks...for what its worth, you can keep them there big guy...i'll keep the same design iOS for anothe 5 years and still be happy with it.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
I find it hilarious that Android users like Chris up there will call iOS cartoonish, and say it has no customizability, and then they'll praise webOS. webOS has the most childish, cartoony UI of anything and you can't even put apps on the home screen nevermind widgets.

Webos cards is hands down better multitasking IMO, and looks good. There is no home screen. There is card view and a launcher. For faster access to up to 4 apps, you have a quick launch bar, which u can even access from within any app. I think ios' launcher looks better, and itd be more polished if webos' launcher looked and acted like iOS'. But the launcher and universal search is all built into the same thing. This gives webos users faster access to search. I think iOS should have a stock search icon t remedy this. A user could put this icon in their dock for quick access. Also, I think web searching should be put above other searches on the iOS search page.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I think Apple needs to make iTunes syncing optional. I find it so irritating that I have to sync a device, with a cable, in 2010. That seems so very palm, and so very 90's. I want Apple to come out with "AirSync" which would enable wifi syncing to iTunes if the user wanted to use iTunes. Also, they need to have android or webos style notifications. I hate those stupid looking windows 95 pop up panels that interrupt whatever I'm doing. As far as the rest of iOS? It's okay. Like the op I'm getting a little bored. However, if I were to get new notifications and optional itunes sync, I would be pretty happy. As of right now though, android is looking pretty good.

Reactions: ChrisGonzales90

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Your idea of being "scared of change" as you labeled it is obviously the idea of someone who has never owned an iPhone...which you havent. Its the approach of someone who has a phone that doesnt run iOS, who has grown ok with the clutter and likes the cheesy gimmicks...for what its worth, you can keep them there big guy...i'll keep the same design iOS for anothe 5 years and still be happy with it.

Like I said. Change is part of life. If you are scared of change you are scared of life.

and I was a bit nervous. I wanted to get the iPhone, but I got the Evo. If I were really scared of change I wouldnt have switched. Besides the clutter and "cheesy gimmicks" is called choice- right out of the box. no need to jail break or anything.

and clearly you do not know how to read, or know ANYTHING about iOS. I own an iPad, and last I checked, that runs the same OS as the iPhone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Like I said. Change is part of life. If you are scared of change you are scared of life.

and I was a bit nervous. I wanted to get the iPhone, but I got the Evo. If I were really scared of change I wouldnt have switched. Besides the clutter and "cheesy gimmicks" is called choice- right out of the box. no need to jail break or anything.

and clearly you do not know how to read, or know ANYTHING about iOS. I own an iPad, and last I checked, that runs the same OS as the iPhone.

I don't know anything about iOS because you have an iPad? That makes about as much sense as you being in this iPhone forum, but i digress.

While the iPad does have iOS, id hardly say that comparing the layout on the iPad to the iPhone results in an identical experience...thus, as i said before, the things that you keep spouting on and on about "change" are really quite unnecessary on the iPhone, especially since it is the preferred PHONE BASED (is that clear enough for you?) operating system.

Do i want a carbon copy of iOS 4 on the next iteration? Absolutely not, i EXPECT to have some new changes to the various pieces of iOS 5...but the desire to retain the simple, clean and clutter free layout of the current iOS is not a fear of change, it is a preference...something you seem to have a hard time grasping as you continually think that YOUR OWN opinion applies to everyone who actually owns an iPhone (i'll repeat that...ACTUALLY OWNS an iPhone), but the reality is, the masses that do own iPhones, and even the loads of people who dont own them but said they preferred the iOS 4 layout when the iphone 4 was released speak volumes against your idea that the whole thing needs an overhaul...

Chris, as i've pointed out before, given you don't own an iPhone, it's hard to have a logical conversation with you about something RELATED to an iPhone...its easy to see why someone like you would want all the cheese from the HTC on the iPhone, because that is what you've had to grow accustomed to using an HTC phone...your history with an iPad doesn't really hold water because the experience between an iPad and an iPhone is so vastly different that people have even called the iPad iOS a creature of its own accord...but alas you continue to try and "prove me wrong" thread after thread, when the reality of it is...you simply make yourself less and less appealing to most people who come to this particular portion of TiPb.com.

Reactions: cardfan

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
And now after re-reading some of your replies, i realize that your comments in this thread don't really come from any intelligent thought process on the subject, but more so from a simplistic mental approach on what people have responded with...to put it in a way that will be easier for your brain to comprehend...you seem to have a lack of understanding that NO ONE in this thread is asking for a copy of iOS 4 on the next iteration...so change is welcome and expected. What people are wanting is a transition of the basic layout that does not effect its current clean and clutter free setup.

You on the other hand want an overhaul...so if people don't agree with this asinine idea, you assume they want no change at all...and it makes perfect sense now why you make such ridiculous retorts.

patricksmangan

Nov 26, 2010
Visit site
Honestly I think Apple needs to make iTunes syncing optional. I find it so irritating that I have to sync a device, with a cable, in 2010. That seems so very palm, and so very 90's. I want Apple to come out with "AirSync" which would enable wifi syncing to iTunes if the user wanted to use iTunes. Also, they need to have android or webos style notifications. I hate those stupid looking windows 95 pop up panels that interrupt whatever I'm doing. As far as the rest of iOS? It's okay. Like the op I'm getting a little bored. However, if I were to get new notifications and optional itunes sync, I would be pretty happy. As of right now though, android is looking pretty good.

It's not palm anymore, unless you need to take it back to factory settings from homebrewing.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site

"Airsync" would be slow as heck. Mainstream users are trained to use a cord and itunes. It would be silly to come out with something that's halfbaked and also require them to do something different. There's not much difference tech wise from a mainstream user and your average 6 year old. Apple knows this.

No doubt the UI can get boring looking. They'll tweak it, change the icons up, and that's all it takes. Nothing drastic.

Moral of the story is..people are stupid. Apple makes a living targeting stupid people, something other companies don't get (especially Palm). Apple can't change much or it risks confusing its majority of stupid mainstream users. These are devices, after all, you give your grandma because they just work right? Luckily, the iphone is capable enough to appeal to advanced users especially after jailbreaking.

When you sit and wish the OS of your choice would sell in the millions and be the market leader, then you also need to realize they have to cater to the nontechies first. If a change would confuse a 6 year old, Apple will think twice about it.

itsdrewbruv

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
One thing IDE love to see it custom folders in photos and videos ect as I find this feature lacking and would be much needed and used!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods