Anyone else having issues with Outlook on your iPhone. Not the Outlook app but Outlook as an account on the phone itself. My phone requested that I re-enter the password but wouldn’t accept it when I did. I deleted the account and tried to re-add it but now after I enter the password it just goes back to the list of different accounts you can add. My Office 365 account is working fine everywhere else. Weird.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-21-2020 06:41 PM
    Anyone else having issues with Outlook on your iPhone. Not the Outlook app but Outlook as an account on the phone itself. My phone requested that I re-enter the password but wouldn’t accept it when I did. I deleted the account and tried to re-add it but now after I enter the password it just goes back to the list of different accounts you can add. My Office 365 account is working fine everywhere else. Weird.
    I actually experienced this a few minutes ago and went through the process of re-entering my passcode twice and although I’m not being pestered to re-enter again, the account still doesn’t show that the passcode took.
    02-21-2020 08:07 PM
    Microsoft is experiencing difficulties with both consumer Microsoft accounts (MSA) and consumer/business Microsoft 365.

Here are the references
    phlamethrowre and Just_Me_D like this.
    02-21-2020 08:10 PM
    To get around the issue, I logged in to my Outlook account via Safari and then re-entered my credentials on my iPhone. I’m all good now.
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-22-2020 05:56 AM
    Yep I've experienced it twice now. The first time yesterday evening it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did but then it couldn't send a code or email to authenticate so I left it alone and after a few minutes the account corrected itself with the password entered on it's own. Then again this morning it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did and it authenticated so all is fine for me right now. We'll see how long this last.
    02-22-2020 07:26 AM
    Yep I've experienced it twice now. The first time yesterday evening it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did but then it couldn't send a code or email to authenticate so I left it alone and after a few minutes the account corrected itself with the password entered on it's own. Then again this morning it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did and it authenticated so all is fine for me right now. We'll see how long this last.
    I use 1Password for authentication.

Outlook Issues-img_0720.jpg
    ksassy and Lee_Bo like this.
    02-22-2020 07:36 AM
    I use 1Password for authentication.]
    I use Bitwarden but I've never tried to use it with Microsoft. Thanks for the 1Password rec as I may try that in the future.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-22-2020 07:46 AM
    Same thing happened to me yesterday. First few tries didn't work. But at some point it did kind of on its own.
    Just_Me_D and ksassy like this.
    02-22-2020 08:10 AM
    I’ve actually had this issue with my undergrad alumni email account for like a year now.

It only affects certain accounts and as far as I know there is no workaround.

One hopeful note, however, is that the issue used to affect both the native mail app on my Mac and on my iOS devices, the accounts are fixed for Mac (although I am still experiencing the issue on my phone and iPad).

I use the outlook app for my work email (to differentiate from my personal and undergrad and law school alumni emails), so I just added my undergrad email to the outlook app and took it off my native “accounts” (I get like 1 email a day on it, so it doesn’t bother me, but I can see how this could be a pain if its affecting someone’s mail email)
    02-22-2020 02:22 PM
    I've had no end of 'enter password' for iOS ( my Apple ID password) as well as a few on iMac as well. Only this week since yesterday.. A few times I've had to enter it a second time ( no 'invalid password warning, just nothing happened.) Second attempt(s) worked.
    02-25-2020 12:48 PM
    I've had no end of 'enter password' for iOS ( my Apple ID password) as well as a few on iMac as well. Only this week since yesterday.. A few times I've had to enter it a second time ( no 'invalid password warning, just nothing happened.) Second attempt(s) worked.
    This discussion is about Outlook accounts, not your Apple ID.
    02-27-2020 06:55 AM
    Fully understood - it was the 'timing' of these requests which got my attention. I don't have any outlook email accounts but seeing similar characteristics with the 'Apple ID' requests struck me as probably not entirely a coincidence.
    02-27-2020 06:59 AM
    Fully understood - it was the 'timing' of these requests which got my attention. I don't have any outlook email accounts but seeing similar characteristics with the 'Apple ID' requests struck me as probably not entirely a coincidence.
    It really was. The Outlook accounts issue happened because of an issue with Microsoft's networking services, as detailed a few posts above.
    02-27-2020 08:55 AM