Outlook Issues

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Outlook on your iPhone. Not the Outlook app but Outlook as an account on the phone itself. My phone requested that I re-enter the password but wouldn’t accept it when I did. I deleted the account and tried to re-add it but now after I enter the password it just goes back to the list of different accounts you can add. My Office 365 account is working fine everywhere else. Weird.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else having issues with Outlook on your iPhone. Not the Outlook app but Outlook as an account on the phone itself. My phone requested that I re-enter the password but wouldn’t accept it when I did. I deleted the account and tried to re-add it but now after I enter the password it just goes back to the list of different accounts you can add. My Office 365 account is working fine everywhere else. Weird.

I actually experienced this a few minutes ago and went through the process of re-entering my passcode twice and although I’m not being pestered to re-enter again, the account still doesn’t show that the passcode took.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
To get around the issue, I logged in to my Outlook account via Safari and then re-entered my credentials on my iPhone. I’m all good now.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
Yep I've experienced it twice now. The first time yesterday evening it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did but then it couldn't send a code or email to authenticate so I left it alone and after a few minutes the account corrected itself with the password entered on it's own. Then again this morning it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did and it authenticated so all is fine for me right now. We'll see how long this last.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yep I've experienced it twice now. The first time yesterday evening it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did but then it couldn't send a code or email to authenticate so I left it alone and after a few minutes the account corrected itself with the password entered on it's own. Then again this morning it asked for me to re-enter my password which I did and it authenticated so all is fine for me right now. We'll see how long this last.

I use 1Password for authentication.

IMG_0720.JPG

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Same thing happened to me yesterday. First few tries didn't work. But at some point it did kind of on its own.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I’ve actually had this issue with my undergrad alumni email account for like a year now.

It only affects certain accounts and as far as I know there is no workaround.

One hopeful note, however, is that the issue used to affect both the native mail app on my Mac and on my iOS devices, the accounts are fixed for Mac (although I am still experiencing the issue on my phone and iPad).

I use the outlook app for my work email (to differentiate from my personal and undergrad and law school alumni emails), so I just added my undergrad email to the outlook app and took it off my native “accounts” (I get like 1 email a day on it, so it doesn’t bother me, but I can see how this could be a pain if its affecting someone’s mail email)

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
I've had no end of 'enter password' for iOS ( my Apple ID password) as well as a few on iMac as well. Only this week since yesterday.. A few times I've had to enter it a second time ( no 'invalid password warning, just nothing happened.) Second attempt(s) worked.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I've had no end of 'enter password' for iOS ( my Apple ID password) as well as a few on iMac as well. Only this week since yesterday.. A few times I've had to enter it a second time ( no 'invalid password warning, just nothing happened.) Second attempt(s) worked.

This discussion is about Outlook accounts, not your Apple ID.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Fully understood - it was the 'timing' of these requests which got my attention. I don't have any outlook email accounts but seeing similar characteristics with the 'Apple ID' requests struck me as probably not entirely a coincidence.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Fully understood - it was the 'timing' of these requests which got my attention. I don't have any outlook email accounts but seeing similar characteristics with the 'Apple ID' requests struck me as probably not entirely a coincidence.

It really was. The Outlook accounts issue happened because of an issue with Microsoft's networking services, as detailed a few posts above.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711