Sending PDF with iMessage.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Can't get PDF to send with iMessage. I have PDF files in my iCloud files account, trying to send with iMessage, keep getting failed in red letters immediately when trying to send. Any input would be welcomed.
Thank You, Vinny

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Are you sending to another iMessage user? I can send files (Word, Excel, PDF, etc) with no problems to another iPhone, but not always the case with non-iPhone user.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you sending the PDF file to another iPhone user or to a non-iPhone user? Anyway, after reading your post, I immediately sent a pdf file to my girlfriend via iMessage and she received it immediately and without any problems.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I’m trying to send it to an Android device.

It would then be using SMS/MMS to send the message and most carriers have really tight restrictions on the sizes of attachments sent via MMS. I'd try sending by email instead, or sharing a link to a Dropbox file, etc.

JandN2639

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
It would then be using SMS/MMS to send the message and most carriers have really tight restrictions on the sizes of attachments sent via MMS. I'd try sending by email instead, or sharing a link to a Dropbox file, etc.

Exactly. We have had problems sending and receiving photos from and to our Android.