Multiple email signatures

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Is it possible to set up a second signature in the Mail app, on iPhone or iPad, for the same email account?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Do you want to use both of them at the same time or were you thinking that you would like to alternate between them?

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to set up a second signature in the Mail app, on iPhone or iPad, for the same email account?

If I understood your question correctly, is it not just a matter of creating different sets of signatures in Mail=>preference=>Signatures and assign any number of signatures to each mail address? When you finished drafting a mail, go to "Signature" box=> Edit and you can select whatever signature you assigned to that mail address.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If I understood your question correctly, is it not just a matter of creating different sets of signatures in Mail=>preference=>Signatures and assign any number of signatures to each mail address? When you finished drafting a mail, go to "Signature" box=> Edit and you can select whatever signature you assigned to that mail address.

The issue is I'm one, repeat, one single email address that I want to be able to use different signatures with, depending on the subject of my email.

Outlook on PC and Mac does it, but apparently that feature isn't available in Outlook for mobile and it appears it may also not be available on the Mail app on iPhone.

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
The issue is I'm one, repeat, one single email address that I want to be able to use different signatures with, depending on the subject of my email.

Outlook on PC and Mac does it, but apparently that feature isn't available in Outlook for mobile and it appears it may also not be available on the Mail app on iPhone.

Oops, sorry, when I saw your post, I was on a Mac and did not think of mobile apps. Stupid me. Other than per account signature, I do not know any way to assign more than one signature to an account.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
A kludgy way to do this: add a second version of the account (with an obviously different description) and set a per-account signature for each.

A less kludgy way: add a second email app with the same account, and use the stock app for one signature and the other app for the other signature.

Dwood1970

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site

You can do it on the Spark email app

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Use keyboard shortcuts

You can set the trigger to sig1 and sig2 and the replaced text be your different signatures

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Use keyboard shortcuts
You can set the trigger to sig1 and sig2 and the replaced text be your different signatures

Settings / General / Keyboards / Text Replacement I assume that you mean?

If my signatures were only one line, that would work.

For example, if my signature was this:

Then text replacement puts it all on one like like this:
__________________ ~name website phone number

Yes, I could go back and edit to make it look like it's supposed to, but Spark is doing exactly what Outlook for desktop does. I can set up multiple signatures and insert the one I want to use according to the subject of my emails.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner