Does IOS support a personal and a work profile?

SteelSteve

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
So im the only person in my family on Android, and not wanting to carry multiple phones I have a work profile configured on my phone to keep my work contacts, calendar , email, and apps separate from my personal ones. Does IOS allow for the same thing? I played with my wife's phone (iPhone 11) the other night and didn't see anything obvious that would enable me to do this.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So im the only person in my family on Android, and not wanting to carry multiple phones I have a work profile configured on my phone to keep my work contacts, calendar , email, and apps separate from my personal ones. Does IOS allow for the same thing? I played with my wife's phone (iPhone 11) the other night and didn't see anything obvious that would enable me to do this.

You can do things like create multiple contact groups (shown in screenshot) and add multiple email accounts to keep things separate. Other than that I’m not sure.
eaf013bcec8d5c1fbeb0f24fd439ec37.jpg

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Verizon and AT&T iPhone 11 also have the ability for two different phone numbers using an eSim if that's something you might be interested in.

gnirkatto

Nov 4, 2017
Visit site
No profile switching in iOS.
In all honesty, this is the feature I miss most.

Wouldn't it be great to have multiple profiles ready, and then switch between them, by use of siri shortcuts, based on arrival to/departure from home/work/leisure?
Unfortunately, Apple thinks we don't need that :(

calebt

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Can’t you just log out of one Apple ID and log into another? Keep everything on cloud storage, I know it would be a pain in the dooper, but doable I think.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
What I did was install the Outlook app for work email / calendar / contacts. That way I’m still keeping work and personal separate. And I have all Outlook contact numbers dialing via Google Voice so nobody gets my actual mobile number. Kind of a PITA, but better than carrying two devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2