Morning info greeting

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone tell me anything about this? It doesn’t appear consistently. Are there any settings for the way it functions?

2f46e2423a905b136e0eee6bbc6ba573.jpg

Al Paca

Aug 10, 2018
Visit site
So apparently this is a hidden feature unlocked by setting up other features on the device. Looks like it actually has been around since iOS12.

Assuming I found the right article (linked below), if turn on Do Not Disburb and adjust the setting in Bedside Mode, it triggers the Weather Unlock Screen for pick up your phone for the first time.

Hope that helps?

https://9to5mac.com/2018/11/30/add-weather-summary-to-iphone-lock-screen/amp/

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
So apparently this is a hidden feature unlocked by setting up other features on the device. Looks like it actually has been around since iOS12.

Assuming I found the right article (linked below), if turn on Do Not Disburb and adjust the setting in Bedside Mode, it triggers the Weather Unlock Screen for pick up your phone for the first time.

Hope that helps?

https://9to5mac.com/2018/11/30/add-weather-summary-to-iphone-lock-screen/amp/

That sounds like it’s likely it. Only thing I noticed in checking my settings is there is not an “always” option for the weather app location settings.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
That sounds like it’s likely it. Only thing I noticed in checking my settings is there is not an “always” option for the weather app location settings.

I just checked and it was the same on my iPhone. I just checked always on my other weather apps that allowed the "always" setting. I actually would really like Apple to implement this feature on the Lock Screen and have a on/off toggle switch.

Last edited:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I love this idea and would love to have it on my phone. I’ve never use the do not disturb settings before so I’m going to check it out. I agree that it would be a really good idea to have the ability to toggle this on or off so I am going to submit feedback to Apple! Here’s a link if anybody’s interested in doing the same:

apple.com/feedback

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I love this idea and would love to have it on my phone. I’ve never use the do not disturb settings before so I’m going to check it out. I agree that it would be a really good idea to have the ability to toggle this on or off so I am going to submit feedback to Apple! Here’s a link if anybody’s interested in doing the same:

apple.com/feedback

Feedback has been completed. Thanks for the link Moderator Annie

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I see this inconsistently on my phone. One thing that I wonder about is that I almost always wake up and unlock the phone before my DND expires. Another is that I almost always have a calendar notification a few minutes after DND expires. I still haven't figured out why it works sometimes but not others - but it's not like it's a critically important feature to me. either. Nice to have, it's no big deal if it doesn't work.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Found it.

wish I would have read about it before setting it up. The alarm itself can't be deleted.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea I see this every morning and have for a while. I use the BedTime feature on my phone which puts my phone on Do Not Disturb during the night.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Got it...YES!! I still say there should be a on/off toggle switch for this feature on the lock screen.
16fdc19d88ee743d470d33943b1a3bcf.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
Funny, I saw it for the first time in weeks today, too. I haven't changed a thing. I still can't figure out why it shows up once in 30 or so days.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234