Music won’t play in the Music app

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don’t know what to tell you. I mean, I’m currently running iOS 13.3 dev beta and I can play music via the Music app like I did with all the previous versions.

With that being said, have you tried rebooting your iOS device and then try playing your music?

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I’m running iOS 13.2.2. I’m able to play music on the music app like I always have. Try the reboot on your device.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
ever since updating to iOS 13.2.2 tapping on a song happens Doesn’t seem to play all the time As it seems to happen intermittently. I have tried a hard reset, deleting/reinstalling in the app several times, Everything it seems like. Do you guys have any suggestions? (I’m not a Apple Music subscriber)

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you aren’t connected to something Bluetooth on the times it won’t play? I know I’ve forgotten to turn off my speakers in the past and will be blasting music in another room before I realize it.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded to 13.2.2 Did Apple change the way you tap on music to play in 13.2.2 or am I missing something

Not sure what is missing on your Music App, but it's still the same.
fe5fd845fb9499d1e401acc0ccbe730d.jpg

401af58316875c706dfdb27fbbd22a5f.jpg

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m not missing anything in the app I was just asking if Apple changed something I didn’t know about. lol. I ended up getting a call back from Apple Support this morning. I ended up Sharing a screen recording that I took pretty soon after my issue with the music app happened. Setting my iPhone up as new did not fix the issue. they are going to escalate the ticket to the engineers. I hope to receive a response back in a couple days. I will update you guys when I find out. The weird thing is I can do everything else just fine except not being able to tap on my music that seems to happen randomly

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m not missing anything in the app I was just asking if Apple changed something I didn’t know about. lol. I ended up getting a call back from Apple Support this morning. I ended up Sharing a screen recording that I took pretty soon after my issue with the music app happened. Setting my iPhone up as new did not fix the issue. they are going to escalate the ticket to the engineers. I hope to receive a response back in a couple days. I will update you guys when I find out. The weird thing is I can do everything else just fine except not being able to tap on my music that seems to happen randomly

I'm curious as to what could possibly be wrong. Let us know.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
The weird thing is I can do everything else just fine except not being able to tap on my music that seems to happen randomly

In early iOS 13 I had a similar problem - tapping thepause control on what should be the "now playing" control at the bottom, just above the "Library / For You" etc. menu bar, did nothing - the music kept playing. However, tapping the name of the song opened the card and I could use the play/pause and skip controls from there just fine.

That's no longer an issue with 13.2.3 for me.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you’re having the same issue my husband did, it is a simple fix.

Turn off iCloud music, and tap to keep music on your phone. Hook up to your Mac or windows, and re add all your music to your phone. Go back into the menu and turn on the iCloud music option again.

Lmk if that works for you hopefully !!

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
If you’re having the same issue my husband did, it is a simple fix.

Turn off iCloud music, and tap to keep music on your phone. Hook up to your Mac or windows, and re add all your music to your phone. Go back into the menu and turn on the iCloud music option again.

Lmk if that works for you hopefully !!

Where do you turn off iCloud music at. I don’t see under iCloudIMG_0008.JPG

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Where do you turn off iCloud music at. I don’t see under iCloudView attachment 127694

You’ll want to go into your Settings, down to Music. Then tap off Sync Library. It’ll tell you all of your Apple music will be removed from your device. Then you can hook up to your computer, add your music from your library to your phone. When that’s done you can then go back to that same menu and turn on the Sync Library option again, and this time it’ll ask you to merge.
d8ea3b2326fc4529a71aff96c816f1af.jpg

72b865e68e16f4d915480bd1ec0d29d8.jpg

After that you shouldn’t have an issue playing music that is in your music app.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711