Face ID question

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I’m still learning my iPhone 11. I recently received a text from someone that showed who it was from the word “text message under” I wonder who it was from. I texted myself to see if I could duplicate it. Is that part of face ID security? When you choose to use the passcode without face id it just shows the message Adjustments.JPG

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I’m still learning my iPhone 11. I recently received a text from someone that showed who it was from the word “text message under” I wonder who it was from. I texted myself to see if I could duplicate it. Is that part of face ID security? When you choose to use the passcode without face id it just shows the message View attachment 127471

Yes. You can enable / disable that under Settings > Notifications. Toggle on or off the Show Preview toggle.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
There are options for this both system-wide and notification by notification. Touch ID iPhones default to showing all details (settings / notifications / show previews - it is set to "when unlocked" for Face ID iPhone and "Always" for Touch ID devices), but, once this option was offered, I always changed the default on my iPad and iPhone 6s to the same "when unlocked" so that details would only be sen if I rested my finger on the home button.

You can also set the default to always show previews but do something like set Messages to When unlocked in Settings / Notifications / Messages / Show Previews, if you decided you wanted to keep the details about your messages private to whoever picked up your phone but you didn't really care about privacy for other apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2