Is there a reason FaceID appear sluggish sometimes?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I set up Face ID for the first time last night since I got my iPhone 11 last Thursday. I noticed it paused and acted slow a couple of times when I tried to open it last night. Majority of the time it worked just fine. Why does it act sluggish sometimes? Adjustments.JPG

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: FaceID

I set up Face ID for the first time last night since I got my iPhone 11 last Thursday. I noticed it paused and acted slow a couple of times when I tried to open it last night. Majority of the time it worked just fine. Why does it act sluggish sometimes? View attachment 127233

I don’t know. I haven’t experienced that. As soon as I tap to wake the display on my iPhone, the device immediately unlocks. In fact, the only time I see the term “Face ID” or see the FaceID symbol is when I’m accessing a 3rd-party app that I’ve allowed to use FaceID (banking apps, etc.) and when I’m paying via Pay at a retail store.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I set my 11 Pro Max Face ID up on day one and have never had any issues. I use the raise to wake feature and without hesitation/sluggishness it opens wicked fast. I'm not sure why yours is sluggish on your 11, but maybe doing a reset of your Facial ID credentials is necessary. I set mine up using normal lighting if that helps.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I set up Face ID for the first time last night since I got my iPhone 11 last Thursday. I noticed it paused and acted slow a couple of times when I tried to open it last night. Majority of the time it worked just fine. Why does it act sluggish sometimes? View attachment 127233

I had that happen to me a couple of times. My smart-Alec son pointed out my mistake. With "Require attention for Face ID" and "Attention Aware" both enabled, you have to maintain eye contact with the device. I was apparently glancing away briefly, then back -- thus the hiccup. Since then I've been fine.

C6TX6

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Also make sure the glass where the notch is stays clean. If it's dirty the effectiveness of the system is reduced greatly. Some screen protectors that cover the entire area can cause more scatter and even make it more of a priority to keep this area clean.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I haven’t experienced this on my XR. As soon as I raise the phone it’s unlocked. Face ID is so fast on iOS 13.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I haven’t experienced any issues with Face ID on my XS or my new 11 Pro. Mine actually works for both myself and my identical twin brother which is really cool and it doesn’t lag a bit when either of us use it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711