Not sure this is the correct post location...

It seems that on my XR before I updated to iOS13, when I would leave work, I'd get a notification that it would take me xx-minutes to get home. I dont get this notification anymore and I dont recall changing any settings? In all honesty, I really dont know how I was getting this alert in the first place, as I dont recall setting anything up.

Is there a way to get this back? I kinda liked knowing how long it was going to take me to get home from work.

Thanks
    10-14-2019 09:44 AM

It seems that on my XR before I updated to iOS13, when I would leave work, I'd get a notification that it would take me xx-minutes to get home. I dont get this notification anymore and I dont recall changing any settings? In all honesty, I really dont know how I was getting this alert in the first place, as I dont recall setting anything up.

Is there a way to get this back? I kinda liked knowing how long it was going to take me to get home from work.

Thanks
    I don't have the XR, but I've gotten similar alerts on other phones from Google Maps, as long as you have your home or work address set as Places
    Last edited by dollface; 10-14-2019 at 11:34 AM.
    10-14-2019 10:18 AM
    I am not sure. But I just did some quick research and I don't see any option in the calendar to set travel time.
    10-14-2019 10:42 AM
    I get the notification and I have been looking to turn it off.
    10-14-2019 01:39 PM
    These alerts are related to the Important Places feature.

You can enable, disable or reset it in the Settings app, under Privacy, Location Services, System Services.
    dollface, doogald and Lee_Bo like this.
    10-14-2019 03:30 PM

You can enable, disable or reset it in the Settings app, under Privacy, Location Services, System Services.
    Thank you, I didn't even know I had this option
    10-14-2019 03:37 PM

I just looked at this. On my iPhone, it says Significant Locations rather than Important Places. Is that the same thing?
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-15-2019 11:15 AM
    I just looked at this. On my iPhone, it says Significant Locations rather than Important Places. Is that the same thing?
    Yep. that's it.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    10-15-2019 11:50 AM
    Yep. that's it.
    Thanks for confirming!
    10-15-2019 11:59 AM

Thanks
    It's possible that your significant locations settings may have been reset on their own once you updated to iOS 13 so it takes a while for the phone to learn those again.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    10-15-2019 03:52 PM
    No such commute information this morning... I have the Significant Locations on, etc..

Is there another setting in the maps app or google maps that allow these notifications? I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 10-15-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    10-15-2019 04:19 PM
    LOL, I just got one on my Watch. It's always sporadic though!
    10-15-2019 04:23 PM