Is anyone else having battery drain issues with 13.2? I’m barely getting a full day of battery. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 5am and was at 4% by 8:30pm and only used it to make a few phone calls and several text messages. Didn’t have time to use it for much else. I’m thinking I may need to reinstall but trying to make sure it’s not just a beta 1 bug. I haven’t seen much else on other forums so it’s probably just my phone.

Also I took my phone off the charger again at 5am this morning. It’s 930 now and I’m already down to 75%.
    10-06-2019 11:40 AM
    Is anyone else having battery drain issues with 13.2? I’m barely getting a full day of battery. Yesterday I took my phone off the charger at 5am and was at 4% by 8:30pm and only used it to make a few phone calls and several text messages. Didn’t have time to use it for much else. I’m thinking I may need to reinstall but trying to make sure it’s not just a beta 1 bug. I haven’t seen much else on other forums so it’s probably just my phone.

Also I took my phone off the charger again at 5am this morning. It’s 930 now and I’m already down to 75%.
    I wouldn’t know. When I’m not home, I’m in the car all day during work hours and have my phone connected to the charger every few hours. I simply don’t have any reason to rely on my phones battery life.
    10-06-2019 12:58 PM

My battery life is amazing on this new build. I’m at 60% right now and that’s after not even putting my iPhone on the charger last night.l and I probably won’t charge it until I go to bed tonight.
    10-06-2019 01:05 PM
    I think I figured it out... Life 360 has been running nonstop. Doesn’t look like it has been optimized for 13.2. I turned off location sharing for it and my battery is discharging normally again.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_8plus like this.
    10-06-2019 04:02 PM
    I think I figured it out... Life 360 has been running nonstop. Doesn’t look like it has been optimized for 13.2. I turned off location sharing for it and my battery is discharging normally again.
    Awesome and thank you for providing an update on the situation...
    Doug B and Annie_8plus like this.
    10-06-2019 04:11 PM
    I’m glad you figured it out!
    10-06-2019 08:29 PM
    Oh the joys of betas and working with apps that haven’t been updated yet.
    10-07-2019 05:58 AM
    So I was playing with the app a little more this morning and realized I never tried reinstalling the app. That cured my problem. On the first run after installing it went through permissions and one was for accessing motion. When I first set up the phone I restored from my last back up. It only asked for permission regarding accessing GPS. This time it asked for both. My phone has been off the charger now for 15 hours and I’ve used it quite a bit. Battery is still holding strong. Stronger than my XS Max would have been by now.

In short I’m guessing the accelerometer works in telling the app when to use GPS and thus saving your battery.

10-08-2019 08:39 PM