Not as bad as IOS7, but it’s trying

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
What could possibly have inspired Apple to create an update that forces you to take an extra step for everything we could do just fine in IOS12?

Move emails: 1 extra step
Mark as read: 1 extra step
Edit Live Photo’s: 1 extra step

This update feels so clumsy and klutzy I’m wondering if Apple didn’t dare a bunch of junior engineers to come up with the most useless and asinine ways to make our lives more difficult.

But that’s ok: I just read in the NYT that a federal judge is allowing a total a final bust on net neutrality, which will make computers and mobile devices completely worthless for us little people, so at least, I have this much to thank Apple for:
I’m saving money and not buying any new devices.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully, your experience with iOS 13.x.x will be as great as mine soon. In the meantime, consider starting from scratch and setting up as new, if you haven’t already. Take care.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Hopefully, your experience with iOS 13.x.x will be as great as mine soon. In the meantime, consider starting from scratch and setting up as new, if you haven’t already. Take care.

I have... I’m just working to accept the fact that technology’s best days are most likely behind us (at least affordable technology, that is) .

It works, it’s clumsy, klutzy and frankly ungainly but it “works”.
I’m going to park my old badonks in a WiFi area and download as many maps as I can, plan a megaton of cool hikes, that way I’ll only use my phone as a camera and a gps: Apple hasn’t figured out how to pervert those beyond recognition, yet, so yay.

But I really do like the dark mode and the widgety things on my front screen.
I’m also going to click on “Tips” and try to learn more about 13: there’s obviously too much I don’t understand.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, my experiences with iOS 13 haven't been wonderful. 1 extra step to do almost everything 12 did with no issues.

Why not just add dark mode and call it iOS 12.5?

And don't get me started on iPadOS, tvOS, MacOS, etc. That's just some engineer justifying their job and sold the concept to Apple management.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Frankly, I think that the entire issue is that it's called iOS, iPadOS, WatchOS and TVOS 13, which is widely known to be an unlucky number! :raised-eyebrow:

Last edited:

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
iOS 13 hasn’t really changed anything for me except in the App Store then again, I don’t much care for most of Apple’s apps and use third party ones.

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm thankful OP wrote this post, because that's exactly what I felt with iOS 13. Yes, it seems like a step backwards in the way of doing things, in a sense that even Android is more agile than iOS in some actions regard. I really cannot understand what Apple's trying with this update, which is in its 5th iteration in just two weeks. Seriously? Apple gone bad with this one, just to make things wonderful again next year. We watched this film before...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods