13.1.1 update is out

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
With the plethora of complaints already appearing here (day after) methinks prudence will dictate -for me-awaiting "13.1.2" before doing any updating, iPhone OR iPad ....

mluihn

Jul 11, 2019
Visit site
If you get the error when trying to update your phone, which happened to me last night. Install update from your computer and it worked. I tried everything to get it to work, but nothing worked. This was the only way. Hopefully no more errors in the future!!

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a good idea & glad it works ( from computer) but I do wonder IF once the  and progress bar are displayed, is there a 'point of no return' while the OTA update is happening, which would take more drastic action ( wipe & restore the iOS) to correct?

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
It (13.1.1) dropped on my iPad mini4 yesterday evening, usually I wait a few days but figuring this was a small fix I went right in.....It was already downloaded so it went to 'Verifying Update' then to the  & progress bar which advanced to about 1/2 " and stayed there for over an hour...I left it and came back awhile later and the update was done....I'd done 13.1 a few days ago with no issues on this or the other 3 devices in the house. I hadn't done 13.0 and have never done any Betas. It has yet to drop on the iPhones, or my wife's iPad Air2...i think I'll hold off a bit (as I usually do..) We have used SwiftKey on al devices for years thus as I heard (?) that this update relates mainly to security with 3rd party Keyboards, once it drops, I may A/ uninstall SwiftKey, do the update, then B/ reinstall the keyboard

I have had those patch updates do me that way before on my iphones so not sure what is happening there. They do eventually finish after sitting some amount of time. I always keep my iPad or other unused iPhone handy for iMessages and such to communicate with others while I update one of the devices. Sounds like Apple may need to do some polishing on their updates before pushing them out to everyone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I’m not understanding the issues that some people are having. I updated my iPhone 11 Pro Max without any issues. The overall process took about 10 to 15 minutes. No stuck screens, no unresponsiveness, no nothing. In fact, almost all of my installations happen without an problems.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I’m not understanding the issues that some people are having. I updated my iPhone 11 Pro Max without any issues. The overall process took about 10 to 15 minutes. No stuck screens, no unresponsiveness, no nothing. In fact, almost all of my installations happen without an problems.

Same here, both devices, no issues.

TechnologyTwitt

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Same here, no issues on latest iPad Pro 12.9 (cellular). I decided to remove the Public Beta Profile & update.

So I simply deleted the profile, shut down & restarted, downloaded 13.1.1 (3.1 GB) & after 20+ minutes, was back in business.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Same here, no issues on latest iPad Pro 12.9 (cellular). I decided to remove the Public Beta Profile & update.

So I simply deleted the profile, shut down & restarted, downloaded 13.1.1 (3.1 GB) & after 20+ minutes, was back in business.

So what do you think is the primary reason some people are having difficulty upgrading or having issues in general?

1. The way the device is configured.
2. Lack of disk space.
3. Other

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
So what do you think is the primary reason some people are having difficulty upgrading or having issues in general?

1. The way the device is configured.
2. Lack of disk space.
3. Other

Configuration of my iPad is as normal as possible, I do use a 3rd party keyboard though - ans that I'm led to believe is what some of this fix ( security) is mostly about.
Disk space is not an issue with me ( 23 used out of 64 Gb......

I'm glad it dropped first on the iPad rather than a phone which are similarly configured ( no space issues but using SwiftKey. My normal protocol is to wait until a new update has dropped on all devices, then do one at a time, first the iPads, then the phones. Once in a while I have to 'look for' an update ans then download, but not often and not in this case. So I'll.hang on & watch the next week or so. Coming off any Beta isn't the issue here as I've never been on one & don't contemplate going that route in the future.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Configuration of my iPad is as normal as possible, I do use a 3rd party keyboard though - ans that I'm led to believe is what some of this fix ( security) is mostly about.
Disk space is not an issue with me ( 23 used out of 64 Gb......

I'm glad it dropped first on the iPad rather than a phone which are similarly configured ( no space issues but using SwiftKey. My normal protocol is to wait until a new update has dropped on all devices, then do one at a time, first the iPads, then the phones. Once in a while I have to 'look for' an update ans then download, but not often and not in this case. So I'll.hang on & watch the next week or so. Coming off any Beta isn't the issue here as I've never been on one & don't contemplate going that route in the future.

Understood...

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I updated mine and my wife’s phone. No problems at all. Both are running great. I’ve never had a problem updating.

dmoskaluk

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind my asking, do you use third party keyboard like SwiftKey? Hopefully not a 'red-herring' but since part of the update is directed to keyboard ( 3rd Party) security, it leaves me wondering....(??)

Jude526

Trusted Member
Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
My brother had originally ordered the phone from Apple. He could not get the 13.0 update to download. Kept spinning and spinning. After talking with Apple it was decided to return the phone to Apple. He ordered it from Verizon and will have this coming week. Hopefully it will be ok for him
Apple said it was issues with the new iOS public release.
I was on the beta and never had that problem 🤪

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2