iOS 13 - Update Apple ID Settings

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I installed iOS 13 (XR) yesterday and I have a notification on the settings icon to Update Apple ID Settings. I have entered my Apple ID password and nothing happens. I have spoke with Senior Advisors at Apple support with no luck.

I have signed out - hard restart - signed back in still with no luck.

Also, Keychain is turned off, and when I try to turn it back on, I get a pop up that says "Upgrade Your Account Security - To enable iCloud Keychain review and upgrade your Apple ID security" It will then ask me to again enter my Apple ID password - I enter my password and again, nothing happens - just goes back to Keychain being off.

Everything else seems to be working correctly, just a bit annoying. Any ideas?

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried force restarting your device? It may also be one of the iOS 13 bugs coming out. [h=3]How to force restart an iPhone 8 or later:[/h]
  1. Press and quickly release the Volume Upbutton.
  2. Press and quickly release the Volume Downbutton.
  3. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

zee921

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried force restarting your device? It may also be one of the iOS 13 bugs coming out. [h=3]How to force restart an iPhone 8 or later:[/h]
  1. Press and quickly release the Volume Upbutton.
  2. Press and quickly release the Volume Downbutton.
  3. Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.

Yes, I have tried the forced reset multiple times.
I’m Thinking you’re right - it’s just one of the bugs that hopefully be resolved with 13.1.

Ecm

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Could be. That’s why I’m waiting for 3.1. And why I sent instructions to hold for 13.1 to all our staff and my family.

EdwinG

Ambassador
Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
It could also be that Apple's servers were getting overloaded. I had the server tell me that they can't process my login request on my new phone.