iOS 13 is available

vimagreg

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Two days with iOS 13 right now and... First time ever I saw my iPhone X being laggy. No bugs at all, but lag is noticeable when transitioning screens. Hope 13.1 solve this.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
On 8 Plus it seems to be slightly less battery life and takes longer to charge for some reason ??

I have to agree, giving it the full day. My battery life is worse than before. BUT, and that’s a big BUT. If my call quality has improved with this update,than it’s a small sacrifice, time will tell.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I had major issues with my Apple Watch 5 pairing to my Max running 13.1 beta. Went back to official 13 which fixed the watch issue but the mail app is now slow as can be. 13.1 was definitely working better all around. I’ll hold for the official at this point though.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I also don’t get what this is about. Edit: Ok, I found what may be the problem. You have to enable iMessages in iCloud. But that prompts me to set up two factor authentication. I am not doing that, so I will leave it be.
48edddc68a102519413b81a4a02eef0b.jpg

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just got a new XS today. Everything was set up fresh by 12 noon. Since then I’ve been on my phone tweaking settings, signing back into things etc. and I still have 78% left. So I’d say iOS13 is being good to my phone 🥳 I actually paid attention today lol

Also, I do see some of you commenting about iOS mail app. I haven’t had any issues with that either.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so I just got a new XS today. Everything was set up fresh by 12 noon. Since then I’ve been on my phone tweaking settings, signing back into things etc. and I still have 78% left. So I’d say iOS13 is being good to my phone I actually paid attention today lol

Also, I do see some of you commenting about iOS mail app. I haven’t had any issues with that either.

Hey Pink, congrats on your new XS. IOS 13 is running great on my XR. No bugs even on the mail app.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
Optimized Battery Charging is on by default which changes your charging speed

You can turn it off in Settings>Battery>Battery Health

Apparently this is a new feature on 13 to allow your battery to last longer and based on your daily charging habits it will slow or stop charging at 80 percent and must have been turned on by default,Thanks for the heads up Kataran .

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Seems in the watch app, I cannot edit my list of watch faces in the app itself. The edit button is there but touching it does nothing. I can remove watch faces on the watch itself though.

Hoping this is fixed in 13.1 coming on Tuesday.

wilber1

Trusted Member
May 13, 2013
Visit site
I turned it off. It seems I jinxed my phone, the battery is draining faster than it should.

I turned of Optimized Battery Charging and it charges faster however battery Still drains faster .
Hopefully 13.1 0n tuesday will get all the little bug-ers out .

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I turned of Optimized Battery Charging and it charges faster however battery Still drains faster .

I hope 13.1 solves the battery issues. I have to charge my phone mid day for it to last, with the same usage before iOS 13.

Golurk

May 20, 2019
Visit site

Fingers crossed iPad OS won’t have the same issues when it’s released tomorrow!

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Can someone please explain what Optimised Battery Charging is, what are the benefits and how it woks?

I have it enabled on my 7 Plus as it was the default setting.

Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please explain what Optimised Battery Charging is, what are the benefits and how it woks?

I have it enabled on my 7 Plus as it was the default setting.

Thanks.

When you charge overnight, you don’t take the phone off charger for the duration of your sleep.
This is longer than a battery needs charging.
Apple wanted to prevent aging of batteries due to continuous charging overnight.
Therefore they build in a safeguard that stops charging when 90-95% battery level is reached and will continue charging around the time you gonna wake up.
If you sleep and wake up on set times, you won’t notice any difference. You will wake up to 100% battery level. In case you wake up, let’s say, an hour before your usual waking time, you’ll notice that your battery level is between 90 and 99%.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro